lets learn about this procedure. The definition for laser eye surgery is, surgery used to
correct vision in people who are nearsighted, farsighted, or have astigmatism.
Lasik surgery is an outpatient procedure, and there is no overnight stay.
Before you begin any kind of surgery it is beneficial you speak to your eye doctor. Set
up an appointment to see what kind of laser surgery would be right for you.
This will give the doctor an opportunity to see if you qualify for this type of a procedure.
If you the patient are not qualified to receive this type of surgery the doctor can write
you a prescription and see perhaps if there is another kind of laser surgery that is right for you.
All laser vision correction surgeries work by reshaping the cornea, the cornea is the clear part of
the eye. Lasik is one of different surgical procedures used to reshape the cornea.
The process of having this surgery done is quite simple. The surgery can take up to 15
minutes. There are many advan...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Laser surgery Lasers (The word laser is an acronym for light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation.) lasers were first introduced in 1960, The first successfully optical laser constructed by Maiman (1960), was a ruby crystal surrounded by a helicoilal flash tube enclosed within a polished aluminum cylindrical cavity cooled by forced air. The ruby cylinder forms a Fabry-Perot cavity by optically polishing the ends to be parallel to within a third of a wavelength of light. Each end was coated with evaporated silver; one end was made less reflective to allow some radiation to escape as a beam was produced.... [tags: Health Medicine Medical Essays]
1741 words (5 pages)
- Lasers in Surgery Abstract: The laser is gaining increasing popularity in the medical field because of its broad application, efficiency, and improvement in overall ease of the procedures in which it is used.. The laser can treat an enormous range of ailments. The chronic nighttime snorer can give those around him relief by a simple procedure with the laser. In dermatology, the laser can be used for removing moles, tattoos, birthmarks, treating wrinkles, and possibly destroying skin cancer.... [tags: Exploratory Essays Research Papers]
1764 words (5 pages)
- Refractive Laser Surgery: An In-Depth Look at Lasik Refractive laser surgery offers the chance to have near perfect vision, a God-send to people who are tired of wearing glasses. As its popularity grows, it is worth taking an in-depth look at Lasik and finding out what this wonder surgery entails. Refractive laser surgery is a surgery to correct the refractive index of the eye to reduce the need for glasses or contact lenses. It can correct such vision problems such as myopia, or nearsightedness, hyperopia, or farsightedness, and astigmatism, which is the inability of the cornea to focus a sharp image on the cornea.... [tags: Lasik, Eye Correction]
1180 words (3.4 pages)
- " Laser eye surgery " What makes someone with law Vision have a laser eye surgery?. "Laser eye surgery" or "Lasik" or "laser corneal sculpting" it’s a revolutionary mutation in the field of medicine. Thanks to Lasik people have no more to wear their glasses or lenses. In this operation the surgeon uses a specific kind of laser to reshape the cornea. Although there is a very small ratio for the mistake or the Failure of this kind of surgery, but it is a very effective way to treat the deficiency of the sight.... [tags: reshaping the cornea]
567 words (1.6 pages)
- A Functioning Eye (Emmetropia) The eye is the organ of sight. It is used in almost everything we do, from playing sport to reading. A normal and well functioning eye can focus objects and images, both near and far, perceive depth and adapt to changes in light. The perception of depth is due to having two separate eyes creating two separate images, while the ability to adapt to light change is attributed to the iris and the dilator muscles. However these two aspects of the eye are not involved in laser eye surgery and will not be discussed in reference.... [tags: essays research papers]
3076 words (8.8 pages)
- X-RAY LASER AND APPLICATIONS 1. Introduction Laser devices are popular technologies with large application in daily life and of crucial importance in the industry and modern research Labs. The fundamental idea of a Laser system emerged back in 1917 from a work by Einstein . Basically, Einstein realized that an inversion of population from lower energy level to upper energy level of an atom could result in the amplification of incoming radiation. However, the first Laser system was only built in 1960 by Theodore Maiman .... [tags: laser devices, laser technology]
2282 words (6.5 pages)
- Dentistry is an industry that is constantly evolving. Every day new techniques, instruments, procedures and discoveries are made. One thing becoming more and more popular in dentistry are dental lasers. Dental laser use in dental offices is rapidly growing because all of the advantages they provide to both the dentist and the patient. With the different types and strengths of the different lasers like hard tissue, soft-tissue, carbon dioxide, argon lasers and more almost any dental treatment can be benefited by using one.... [tags: Laser, Light, Carbon dioxide, Gas laser]
1449 words (4.1 pages)
- Dad’s eye surgery We all have that special person that makes us happy. Well that special person for me is my dad. My dad has been my best friend since I can remember. He has always been there for me through my toughest times. I wouldn’t know what to do without him. Now that he has had a lot of trouble with his eye health, I need to be there for im always. I will never forget this obstacle in my life seen my dad sick is the worst thing a son or daughter can go through. I saw him suffer for two to three years ago.... [tags: English-language films, Mother, Father, Surgery]
750 words (2.1 pages)
- Putting a Close Eye on LASIK Laser-Assisted In situ Keratomileusis (LASIK) is a surgical operation intended to allow an individual to live independent of glasses or contacts. Since 1995, when the Food and Drug Administration approved the type of laser used in corrective eye surgery, optometrists have developed a number of different procedures to clear up foggy or blurry vision in one's eye. In 1998, the Lasik surgery became the most common type of surgery, and remains the number one refractive eye surgery today.... [tags: Eyesight Vision Corrective Surgery]
1143 words (3.3 pages)
- The Laser Before we can learn about the laser we need to know a little bit about light (since that is what a laser is made of). Light from our sun, or from an electric bulb, is called white light. It is really a mixture of all the different colours of light. The colours range from violet, indigo, and blue, to green, yellow, orange, and red. These make up the visible part of the electromagnetic spectrum. Light is made up of particles, called PHOTONS, which travel in waves. The difference in the colour depends on the wavelength of the light.... [tags: essays research papers]
982 words (2.8 pages)
- How Does The Cell Cells And Liver Cells Are Essential Building Blocks Of The Nervous And Digestive System
- Psychological Perspectives On The Behaviourist Perspective
- Free Speech Is Important For Greater Good Of The Country
- Racism, Globalization, And Witchcraft
- Language School : 1.5 Literacy Program
- Zora Neale Hurston 's Dust Tracks On A Road