To complete this project, I had to ask my mom various questions pertaining dates, occupations, and ethnicities of some of my family members. Even though the genogram I made consists of 3 generations, it excludes my very large extended family consisting of aunts, uncles, first and second cousins, as well as non-related family members. However, for the most part, I know my immediate family better because we regularly get together for every holiday, birthday, graduation, or religious ceremony; so that is why I choose to focus the genogram on the Felix and Acri side. I had a very hard time thinking of patterns, behavioral and emotional, that occurred throughout my immediate family. But, after a lot of analyzing and discussing it with my mom, I was able to recognize them while keeping my mother’s opinions and views separate from mine.
While making this genogram, I made the realization that my family posses patterns that I have never understood befor...
... middle of paper ...
... also aid in understanding why members of my family follow through certain acts based on where they lie in their developmental stage. For example, the majority of my family’s second generation falls under the generativity vs. stagnation stage. Recently, my father came to the realization he has not contributed to the world in the way he wants. In response, he is now writing a book fulfilling what he feels will be right. It was also very interesting to see how it transmits to other generations. Adler’s psychodynamic perspective and birth order theory also contributed greatly to my analysis. His view that our past shapes our future can be attributed to how we experience and hold relationships with others. For instance, as previously stated, the relationship my father holds with me and my brother is a result of his sister’s behavior and the treatment from my grandfather.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The transition from a convenience based to a cost conscious economy has certainly been a rough path for the western world especially the United States. After the recent economic turmoil that received extensive media coverage during the first decade of the 21st centaury, budget trims is a common knowledge from small business organizations to large multi-national corporations. This is evident in the privileges and conveniences consumers and employees receive at an establishment. A classic example of revenue management and optimization is in the airline industry.... [tags: The Real World Effects of Budget Cuts, Analysis]
1048 words (3 pages)
- 1985 became branded as the Year of the Spy by American press as a result of a string of high-profile espionage arrests. One of the most notorious cases from this time period is that of Aldrich Hazen Ames. In his thirty year employment with the Central Intelligence Agency’s Directorate of Operations, Ames compromised the second-largest number of CIA assets so far as is known; he was alleged to have disclosed virtually all of the CIA's active Soviet agents, many of whom were later executed or imprisoned.... [tags: high-profile espionage arrests]
994 words (2.8 pages)
- During the past 20 years, there has been a dramatic increase of obesity in the United States that was reported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), stating that the obesity trends in adulthood, socioeconomic status, and ethnicity. “ Obesity represents an immense public health threat to the welfare and prosperity of the nation. With one-third of its population overweight and another one-third obese” (Glassman, 2013). The main objective here is finding out how the CDC describes obesity trends since 1985 through today, defining what is obesity, and how the CDC measures the proportion of the state population in 2009 that were obese.... [tags: diet, income, prevalence ]
754 words (2.2 pages)
- Reflective Essay on Postman’s Amusing Ourselves to Death In Amusing Ourselves to Death, Postman provides a critical analysis of the media environment in 1985. He explores the role and impact of the media by addressing different sectors of society, naming religion, politics, news, and education. Although this book was written prior to 1985, its relevance is far more evident today than ever; we are living in a nation in which entertainment is the focus and aim of each sector in American society and in which our notation of truth or knowledge has been greatly redefined.... [tags: media environment in 1985]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- This question associated with law of partnership, covered by the Partnership Act 1985 (WA), which is particularly applied to internal liabilities and cessation of partnership as well. Although a broad variety of characters of liabilities owned by partners, those specific characters related to the case. In the term of PA s7 states “Partnership is the relation which subsists between persons carrying on a business in common with a view of profit”. The most important characteristic of partnership is not to be recognised as a separate legal individual.... [tags: Legal Issues, Liabilities]
963 words (2.8 pages)
- Some say that the tornado of 1985 will forever go down in history as one of the worst natural disasters that have ever occurred in Pennsylvania (Forbes). In reportedly a matter of a few seconds for some towns, the tornado, stubbornly set on its path of destruction, swept through many towns. Despite how long the tornado may had taken to virtually obliterate them, the result was always the same, maximum damage and death (Haas). The ramifications of the tornado caused severe property damage and casualties, which amplified the dire need for aid and forced those who had lost their homes to quickly realize that actions needed to be taken.... [tags: tornadoes, albion tornado, natural disaster]
1739 words (5 pages)
- Ben Cooke February 17th 2015 SOCY 410-001 Dr. Deanna Gore Demographic Profile: France 1985 and 2012 Background France is located on the western coast of Europe and is a prominent member of the European Union. It has a temperate climate and is bordered by Spain and Andorra to the south, Switzerland and Italy to the east, and Belgium, Germany, and Luxembourg to the northeast. It is currently a democratic state with a three branch government structure similar to our own. Currently the majority of its citizens are Catholic; however there is a growing population of Muslims and Protestants.... [tags: France, French people, Demography, Immigration]
1364 words (3.9 pages)
- As Vilma was Brazilian (European, Indigenous and African mixture, with very light skin) and much of her family still resided there (she emigrated with her husband and child 27 years before), she was the primary source for much of the information in her genogram. She did not resist as many of the psychologist’s clients did. There was not much of her extended family in the country and Graçinha had made her aware of the trauma suffered by the matriarchs of the family, her mother and grandmother before her.... [tags: Family, Marriage, Sibling, Mother]
1788 words (5.1 pages)
- Name: Tennessee v. Garner Citation: No. 83-1035, 83-1070 (1985) Facts: On October 3, 1974, Memphis Police Officers Hymon and Wright were dispatched to answer a “prowler inside call.” When the police arrived at the scene, a neighbor gestured to the house where she had heard glass breaking and that someone was breaking into the house. While one of the officer radioed that they were on the scene, the other officer went to the rear of the house hearing a door slam and saw someone run across the backyard.... [tags: Supreme Court Decision Essays Case]
806 words (2.3 pages)
- ANGLO-IRISH AGREEMENT 1985 between THE GOVERNMENT OF IRELAND and THE GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED KINGDOM CONTENTS A. STATUS OF NORTHERN IRELAND B. THE INTERGOVERNMENTAL CONFERENCE C. POLITICAL MATTERS D. SECURITY AND RELATED MATTERS E. LEGAL MATTERS, INCLUDING THE ADMINISTRATION OF JUSTICE F. CROSS-BORDER CO-OPERATION ON SECURITY, ECONOMIC, SOCIAL AND CULTURAL MATTERS G. ARRANGEMENTS FOR REVIEW H. INTERPARLIAMENTARY RELATIONS I. FINAL CLAUSES The Government of Ireland and the Government of the United Kingdom: Wishing further to develop the unique relationship between their peoples and the close co-operation between their countries as friendly neighbours and as partners in th... [tags: Government of Ireland and the United Kingdom]
2162 words (6.2 pages)
- How Vaccinations Should Be Administered
- The Iron Curtain Speech : The Sinews Of Peace By Winston Churchill
- Cellular Respiration Is A Multi Step Metabolic Reaction Type Process
- Alliances Between England And The Spanish Hapsburg Empire
- Presentation Of Diversity Through Media Platforms
- The Chinese New Year Is An Extravagant Festival