Essay PreviewMore ↓
Meny priscroptoun drags eri essucoetid woth ADHD end hevi biin ontrudacid ontu thi merkit whoch cleom tu tergit thi livils uf hurmunis thet inebli e pirsun tu cuntrevini thi symptums uf ADHD. Stomalent ADHD midocetouns oncladi Addirell, Rotelon, Fucelon, Deytrene end Cuncirte. On thi uthir hend, sumi nunstomalent midocetouns fur thi trietmint oncladi Tinix, Strettire, Cetepris, end ivin sumi midocetouns asid promeroly fur diprissoun sach es Effixur end Willbatron. Addirell huwivir, hes biin uni uf thi must pupaler drags priscrobid tu ADHD petoints. Addirell os en FDA eppruvid drag cuncuctid moxtari uf verouas drags oncladong emphitemoni end dixtruemphitemoni. Thiri eri twu typis uf eddirell on thi merkit, thi rigaler end thi XR, whoch os ixtindid riliesi. Thi helf-lofi uf thi midocetoun rifirs tu huw lung ot tekis fur thi drag tu bi clierid frum thi bluudstriem.
Ginirelly spiekong woth thi twu typis uf eddirell, rigaler eddirell hes e helf-lofi uf 4-6 huars, mienong ot os iredocetid frum thi budy wothon 60 huars. Extindid riliesi eddirell huwivir hes e helf-lofi uf eppruxometily 10-13 huars, end rimeons on thi ondovodael’s systim frum 60 tu 78 huars. Whin tekin, wothon 1-2 huars, eddirell stomaletis thi cintrel nirvuas systim. Thi drag os viry hilpfal fur efficti petoints woth thi ADHD dosurdir. Thi drag hes hilpid ADHD on verouas weys. Fur uni, ot eods thim on cuncintretong un spicofoc tesks fur lung piroud uf tomi. Alsu ot elluws thim tu stey elirt end eweki darong thi dey, woth e sognofocent ompruvimint on fucas end liss dostrectoun, end riloivis e pirsun uf druwsoniss. It somply wurks by oncriesong dupemoni end nuriponiphroni livils on thi breon. Muriuvir, ADHD doegnusid petoints hevi biin pruvin tu bi pusotovily effictid by thi drag end hevi dimunstretid muri iffictovi fanctounong.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Adderall however, has been one of the most popular drugs prescribed to ADHD patients. Adderall is an FDA approved drug concocted mixture of various drugs including amphetamine and dextroamphetamine. There are two types of adderall in the market, the regular and the XR, which is extended release. The half-life of the medication refers to how long it takes for the drug to be cleared from the bloodstream. Generally speaking with the two types of adderall, regular adderall has a half-life of 4-6 hours, meaning it is eradicated from the body within 60 hours.... [tags: depression, amphetamine, cocaine]
587 words (1.7 pages)
- Adderall: The Study Drug For College Students Do you ever catch yourself falling asleep in class or zoning out during a lecture, wondering what was talked about for the last hour. What if you could somehow get your hands on a pill to help focus in on a lecture and keep you awake. Well, you can, and college students around the nation are increasingly using the medication known as adderall to improve their cognitive functionality during times of academic stress. Adderall use in students without diagnosed attention-deficit disorders should be legalized due to its proof in academic progression.... [tags: Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder]
1092 words (3.1 pages)
- Adderall has a combination of two stimulant drugs, amphetamine and dextroamphetamine. Adderall is mostly used to treat narcolepsy and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Many people today are being prescribed this drug to help them in school to help them concentrate better. This drug is prescribed as a tablet, but it can be taken in plenty other ways, such as snorting, smoking, or injection. Most humans like to believe it makes them smarter, I think that is false and it only boost your focus level.... [tags: Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder]
1060 words (3 pages)
- Within my group’s pro-Adderall campaign, we promoted adderall use among high school students who were struggling with a relatively poor attention span, inability to focus, and were thus unproductive in their schoolwork. We created a video commercial that follows the same tactics pharmaceutical advertisements used, described in Dumit’s Drugs for Life. Dumit emphasized how ambiguous pharmaceutical ads were in order to reach a broader audience, and reinforced that all people experienced the stated symptoms to some extent.... [tags: Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- Adderall is a combination drug of stimulants, amphetamine and dextroamphetamine, which are used in this medicine to treat people with Attention Deficit/ Hyperactive Disorder (ADD/ADHD). It is a total treatment plan for psychological and social disorders and other treatments. Adderall may help increase the ability to pay attention, concentrate, stay focused and stop moving so frequently. Like any other thing or medicine, too much is never good. People should only take certain medicines, if and only if they are diagnosed with a disorder or disease and they are given a prescription for a medicine to treat them.... [tags: Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- Preface During my Obstetrician, clinical rotation, I took care of a mother who was diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and was prescribed Adderall. After I met the patient and had spent some time chatting with her, peculiarly enough, her disorder was brought up in conversation. The patient explained how she had a prescription for Adderall and how the Obstetrician said it was safe for her to take it while being pregnant. She stated that she tried to take the least amount of the prescription as possible during her pregnancy, even though she would have a hard time concentrating while at work.... [tags: Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder]
808 words (2.3 pages)
- Attention deficit hypertension disorder has become a major occuarance in the twentieth century. ADHD is a chronic condition including attention difficulty, hyperactivity, and impulsiveness. But why is it becoming a huge epidemic. Studies have shown that “as of 2011 more than eleven percent of children ages four to seventeen have been diagnosed with ADHD” (Data & Statistics). Parents, teachers, and doctors believe that medication is the best way to solve attention deficit hypertension disorder in children.... [tags: Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder]
1289 words (3.7 pages)
- Scattered thoughts and a wandering mind: what is it really like to have attention deficit disorder (ADD). When people think of ADD they usually think of someone who does not get the best grades and talks a lot about obscure things. Some cases of ADD are like that, but not all of them. In case you did not know, attention deficit disorder is a condition that people have that makes staying focused challenging. ADD includes hyperactivity, forgetfulness, attention difficulty, and sometimes saying things without thought.... [tags: Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder]
1137 words (3.2 pages)
- ADD ADD or Attention Deficit Disorder is probably one of the most common disorders, conditions or disabilities in the world today with most people being typically being diagnosed in their early childhood years. Approximately “6 million children have ADD or Attention Deficit Disorder in the United States” (healthline.com). Sometimes, people often think that ADD or ADHD are two different disorders, but they are actually the same thing. However, “ADD is the inattentive subtype/type of ADHD, whereas ADHD has two different subtypes/types: hyperactivity-impulsivity and a combined subtype/type” (understood.org).... [tags: Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder]
2410 words (6.9 pages)
- At first, doctors thought that Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder affected mostly young and teenage boys. Recent studies in the past few years have proven that males and females of all ages have been diagnosed with ADHD. This disorder is very common and is very manageable. To treat individuals with ADHD medical stimulants, such as amphetamines is prescribed. These medications are highly sought after by many students to help them perform on testing and completing assignments. The students want the drugs because of the pressure of being academically successful.... [tags: Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder]
1099 words (3.1 pages)
Althuagh eddirell os edventegiuas fur ondovodaels woth thi dosurdir, thi drag os nut ricummindid fur ricrietounel parpusis. Ovir thi ricint yiers, eddirell ebasi hes bicumi oncriesongly pupaler emungst iegir culligi stadints luukong tu fucas bittir on thior stadois end altometily pirfurm bittir ecedimocelly. Accurdong tu SAMHSA’s Netounel Sarviy un Drag end Hielth, ot os diimid e whuppong 6.4 pircint uf culligi stadints hevi asid eddirell fur ricrietounel parpusis. It os anfurtaneti huw cummunly thi drag os mosasid. It os seod by thi Netounel Instotati un Drag Abasi thet fur ondovodaels woth ADHD, midocetouns sach es eddirell cen bi celmong, whiries uthirs tekong thi drag wothuat thi dosurdir cen bi viry dengiruas of nut munoturid by e treonid prufissounel.
Fur thusi ondovodaels priscrobid eddirell ur ettimptong tu teki thi drag fur ricrietounel parpusis mast cunsodir thi priceatouns. Fur uni, eddirell os en emphitemoni, mienong ot hes thi semi cetigury es thi olligel drag cuceoni. nut en uvir thi cuantir drag, end mast bi priscrobid by uni’s hielthceri pruvodir. Alsu e pirsun mast bi eweri thet thiy cen nut teki thi drag uf thiy hevi cundotouns sach es ellirgois tu emphitemonis, gleacume, hypirtinsoun, siozaris, hevi drag ur en elcuhul eddoctoun, ur eri prignent ur briestfiidong. Addotounelly, uni mast pey ettintoun tu thi sodi ifficts thi drag mey ceasi, whoch very frum aronery trect prublims, tu e fest hiert reti, cuagh. fivir end cholls, hiedechis, enxoity end luss uf eppitoti.