But who are Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik? They were a married couple who left their baby with grandma while they carried out the deadliest mass shooting in the United States since the December 2012 rampage at Sandy Hook. Farook, an American citizen, was an environmental health specialist with the San Bernardino County health department, which was hosting the holiday party at the Inland Regional Center where the attack took place. Farook was at the party but left abruptly before the shooting. He seemed angry, witnesses told police. He returned. And, along with Malik, he went into the building and began firing, authorities said.
Everyone was at a loss on why the two would have done this. There was no indication of him losing his job, and they are unaware of any criminal history. Farhan Khan, who was Farook’s brother in law stated: "I have no idea why he would do something like this. I have absolutely no idea. I am in shock myself," He also said that no one had left a note either.
As the attack was soon to come Malik posted on the popular social media today know as Facebook, claiming how she was on ISIS’s side, and I believe Malik tagged ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Bagdadi in the post as well. What people have not...
... middle of paper ...
...of privacy and security in a digital world. Apple has begun working on making security enhancements that will make it impossible for the company to unlock the new IPhones. They are claiming that authorities may need to find another technical solution.
All in all, the case Apple vs. FBI has gone completely out of control. The FBI wants to get the IPhone unlocked in order to see if there are any other terrorists behind this attack, and some government officials along with citizens believe that Apple owes it to the families of the murdered loved ones to see what has happened here. Although Apple claims that if they unlock this one phone they are giving away civil liberties. The judge will come to a conclusion soon, and it will either help the FBI, or the judge will side with Apple. Either way both the cases are both trying to do what is best for the citizens.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... I will be holding a meeting which will address upcoming plans for the tragic in on dear school. I will also be pointing out six steps on how we can improve on school security so we can our students and staff members in the awake of Sandy Hook. I will be also be addressing how we can respond and also give tip to parents on how to help their child cope. We have counseling sections for our students and staff where they will have someone to talk to. When a tragedy like this strikes us, it leaves us with an unhappy ending but that should not bring us down.... [tags: school violence, safety]
697 words (2 pages)
- ... Parents were not even allowed to view their children’s bodies to identify them and there were no pictures of body bags used at the scene to transport the murdered people away. (We Need to Talk about Sandy Hook) Another brain scratcher about the situation was that drill protocols were followed instead of emergency protocols. In a Mass Casualty Incident (MCI) like Sandy Hook, the proper protocol is START (Simple Triage and Rapid Treatment) using tarps of different colors with the aim being to save lives and get the injured to the hospital.... [tags: Firearm, Rifle, Sandy Hook, Weapon]
1504 words (4.3 pages)
- Have you ever thought of questioning the Sandy Hook shooting. Well if you haven’t now is the time to do so. When people think of Sandy Hook, they think what kind of person would go shoot up a school and kill many children. Some individuals believe that it happened and some believe that the government was involved and had planned it all. People shouldn’t feel that way because it’s not a true tragedy. Why should the government make a big scene for nothing, there was not a point in making other schools in America feel threatened.... [tags: conspiracy theories, violence]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- The deadliest school shooting to have ever happened in the United States at a high school or grade school, happened less than two years ago. On December 14th, 2012, Adam Lanza, who was twenty years old at the time, shot his mother, Nancy Lanza, four times and then brought firearms to his former grade school Sandy Hook Elementary, and fatally shot twenty children and six adults. Then the shooter put his own gun to his head and fatally shot himself. All of the children were between the ages of six and seven years old, and all six adults who were shot and killed were females who worked at the school.... [tags: United States, Mass Shotings, Gun Control ]
1244 words (3.6 pages)
- Nothing is more horrible then the atrocities that took place on December 14th 2012 in Sandy Hook Connecticut, when students at the Sandy Hook Elementary school were gunned down by twenty years old Adam Lanza. who suffered from an obsessive compulsive behavior, and had an odd fascination with mass shootings, when he entered the school carrying more than thirty pounds of ammunition and Lanza had three guns, one was a semi-automatic bushmaster rifle, and two pistols, Lanza then killed twenty first- grader students, and six adults, his mother being one of them, all in eleven minuets.... [tags: biased news, shooting, elementary]
937 words (2.7 pages)
- ... Whether it is right or wrong, sentimentality fades while factual reports of logistical operations last forever. Kenneth Trump, president of National School Safety Security Services, was the perfect example of a public safety professional whose job was to objectively review the massacre in order to better prepare America’s schools for preventing and responding to future violence. He provided his analysis of Sandy Hook’s safety measures for The Christian Science Monitor, “There were a number of things that were best practice….Sadly, they did not result in the desired outcome, but we have to ask…Could the situation have been even worse?” (Paulson).... [tags: High school, Middle school, Church of Christ]
989 words (2.8 pages)
- Sandy Hook Shooting Conspiracies On December Fourteen 2012 Adam Lanza allegedly drove to Sandy Hook Elementary, his old elementary school, and shot and killed twenty-six students and faculty, then turned the gun on himself before apprehension by police. The shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary was a tragic event, it’s hard not to sympathize with the families of those killed. There is a movement, however, that claims the shooting was fake (Spaeth). IT’s believed the shooting was staged in order to pave the way for stricter gun control (Salazar).... [tags: Police, Federal Bureau of Investigation]
1294 words (3.7 pages)
- Sandy Hook Shooting Conspiracies The shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary was a tragic event, with twenty six dead and only questions remaining, it’s hard not to sympathize with the families of those lost. There is a movement, however, that claims the shooting was false (Spaeth). The shooting is believed to have been staged in order to pave the way for stricter gun control (Salazar). Conspiracy theorists, calling themselves Truthers, have presented evidence to support their claims numerous times in attempts to convince the general population.... [tags: Federal Bureau of Investigation, Police]
1007 words (2.9 pages)
- The incident at Sandy Hook Elementary on December 14, 2012 in Newton, Connecticut was one that shook the nation and the rest of the world. This is the case in which a 20-year-old man named Adam Lanza committed a massacre at an elementary school. After murdering his mother, Lanza opened fired at the school which resulted in him killing twenty first grade students and six adults and then himself. Although it was evident that Lanza had serious mental issues he had the ability of access to these weapons via his mother’s gun storage.... [tags: Gun politics in the United States, Firearm]
2107 words (6 pages)
- ... With the combination of college and homeschooling by his mother, Nancy Lanza, Adam earned a GED. Throughout school, Lanza was known for his intelligence, but he seemed nervous to many. Teachers and other students took notice to the amount of friends he had. Lanza had no true friends throughout most of his life. Which lead to him being a homebody and resorting to other hobbies to get him by. Such as, spending time with his mother who was a gun enthusiast and took her sons shooting at ranges quite frequently.... [tags: school shootings]
1441 words (4.1 pages)