When you are at the bus stop to go to Cajun Field and you look at the covering you will notice that it is falling apart. There are holes and exposed wood and in some placing it is rotting. There has been many times the line for the bus exceeds the bus stop so people are left in the open area, which is an inconvenience when it is windy or rains. With its current configuration, the bus stop can accommodate approximately 90 people and with our modifications it would be able to fit about 250 people. As of the Fall of 2015 there are 16,729 degree seeking students at ULL (Lord). The bus stop only being about to hold 90 students at a time simply isn’t enough. We also plan on making the new design ADA accessible because with the current design of the bus stop it is very hard for a handicap person to gain access to the entrance of a bus. We also proposed to relocate the bike rack and bench away from the bus stop to eliminate clutter and open up room for students and faculty wishing to use the bus stop.
Most students do not realize the poor structural condition the current bus stop is in. Students walk past it every day and nothing gets done about it. Our group has noticed these unfavorable aspects of the bus stop and are fighting for the ability to improve the bus stop for all UL students and faculty alike. With the help of sev...
... middle of paper ...
...ighting areas, and rail station platforms (United States Access Board). Students need to care about those who need assistance getting on and off the bus. The bus stop covering also needs to be extended because when it is rainy people are left standing in the rain. Before selecting material the drying time needs to be considered. When plywood is used, drying time may be reduced (How to Select Building Materials That Resist Moisture - EXtension).
This revitalization would be good for the University. It will help with the sidewalk and area by the bookstore be less crowded on days where there are a lot of people waiting for a bus. By NOMAS having control of the design and construction, they will gain useful experience while helping the UL student body. We hope that our project will bring awareness to others that we really take things for granted, like a bus stop.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In the article The Bus, a Modern Panacea, Lester Detroit says that cars have become more of a problem than a solution. San Jose State University students are wasting their valuable time searching for a parking spot on streets and garages, instead of spending all that time on their studies. Furthermore, students who driving cars are creating environmental problems, traffic congestion, rising oil consumption, and carbon pollution. In this article, Detroit is encouraging SJSU students to drop their cars and start to get on VTA public transportation such as buses and light rails.... [tags: Public transport, Bus, Bus stop]
977 words (2.8 pages)
- When I learned that I would have to do my ethnographic report on what I did during Halloween, I was worried because I live in Turnpike and the most excitement that happens in turnpike is the sound of the garbage truck when it comes to pick up the Wednesday trash. Fortunately something did happen to me and I realized I would not have to write a boring paper of how I woke up and just stayed in my room the whole day. Well the day started off with me waking up and walking to the bathroom to take a shower, as soon as the turned the water on I realized I had left my shower and rather than turning off my shower I stayed in because the warmth of the hot water was too seductive for me to get out and... [tags: halloween, bus]
769 words (2.2 pages)
- Cincinnati is generally not perceived as a safe, or low crime environment. According to a study conducted by the Business Insider with data provided by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) 's preliminary 2012 unified crime report, Cincinnati was the 16th most dangerous city out of a comparative study of 400 urban areas in the U.S. (Warner et al. 2013). Moreover, “Over the Rhine”, a notorious Cincinnati neighborhood was listed as one of the “Top 25 Worst Neighborhoods in America” in a study based on data from FBI of 17,000 law enforcement agencies before 2013 (Farnham, 2013).... [tags: Public transport, Bus, Bus stop, Rail transport]
1250 words (3.6 pages)
- ... Some of these variations are; - School Bus Routing Problem (SBRP) - Travelling Salesman Problem (TSP) - Capacitated VRP (CVRP) (Toth and Vigo, 2002). The SBRP has been dealt extensively in various literature, although approaching the problem in different ways. Newton and Thomas (1974) where one of the first authors to tackle the SBRP, however their theory strongly supported the concept of a homogeneous fleet of vehicles. Preparation of data, selection of bus stops, generating bus route, adjusting the school bell time and scheduling the route was applied in a paper where the above listed items were treated separately and then addressed in that particular order (Desrosiers et al., 1981).... [tags: logistics management]
1103 words (3.2 pages)
- The Fourth Amendment protects the right of people to be secure in their persons, ‘ houses, papers, and effects against unreasonable searches and seizures… (108). Under the Fourth Amendment the legal constraints placed on police and the rules they must follow for “Stop and Frisk” happened as a result of the “Terry v. Ohio “case (162). The constraints are that the police cannot stopped and frisk people without reasonable suspicion probable cause or a warrant. Before 1968 the police could search a suspect only if they had probable cause.... [tags: Stop and Frisk]
945 words (2.7 pages)
- Reporter stated she got a phone call a couple of weeks ago from a family friend. She said she saw the a man come out of the mother 's bedroom. Paulina verified Jino (George Ivy) moved in the home 2 days after the father was sentenced. The father wassentenced on September 12th. Per reporter, mom has men in and out of the home. Shaylynn is sleeping in the bed with the mother and men. Shaylynn has saw mom bared naked from waist down. She said she walked in on them having sex and they pulled their pants up.... [tags: Family, Father, Mother, Drug]
825 words (2.4 pages)
- Sole Trader Report 1.1 In this report you will read about a sole trader (Sunrise Bakery), I will talk about they their aims and objectives, location, business ownership and finally they business activities, Sunrise bakery three aims are · To still be in business after 1 year of opening there shop · To maintain sales at competitive rates with rivals · To provide a services to the people of Southall Sunrise bakery three objectives are · To have the same income and profit value from Monday-Thursday and to have at least 25-50% more sales on Friday-Sunday · To attract more customers · To have a veracity of food that appeals to the general public.... [tags: Papers]
618 words (1.8 pages)
- Bullying is a growing problem among young members of today’s society. However, bullying can be prevented in several ways for the victims and there are ways to get over the traumatic experience. In first through fourth grade, my brother was subjected to bullying by his peers. It started when they claimed things about him that were not true. In first and second grade, the bullies would tease him about anything they could think of, like him being a baby and a weirdo. In third and fourth grade, things began to get more serious.... [tags: effects, prevention and how to stop it]
2449 words (7 pages)
- Samsung did some really unique experiences with near-field communications. The put NFC-enabled posters at bus stops, and when people waved their Samsung phone across the poster, they got free content such as music delivered right to their phone. Another great experience is augmented reality. If you haven 't tried it you should. Go and get yourself an IKEA catalog. IKEA has AR enabled every single one of their catalogs, and if you hover the IKEA app over the catalog page, you then can superimpose and see what that couch or that table is going to look like in your house before you even buy it.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Instant messaging]
1556 words (4.4 pages)
- The Greyhound came to a stop. I walked out in the cool fall night. I looked around and saw the sign “Little Havana”. Twenty-four hours of travel but I was not ready. I thought I was but when I stepped out, all I felt was anger. I saw all these unfamiliar faces. I walked around and searched desperately. I was tired and all I could think about was her and how I would react. It’s been five years since I last saw her. I was eight years old and all I can remember was her saying “I’ll be right back”. Unfortunately, that was the last time I saw her.... [tags: Debut albums, High school, 2007 albums]
778 words (2.2 pages)