One of the more supportive beliefs in the effectiveness of positive psychology finds its basis on the fact that it builds up people’s strengths, allowing them to find more happiness than what they may h...
... middle of paper ...
...w what true happiness consists of if they do not know or have known the feeling of sadness to compare it to. These people believe that the positive psychology technique completely ignores certain feelings that they find quite necessary for a person to understand and know what it means to have joy.
To conclude, psychologists’ views all tend to differ when it comes to what they consider to be the correctness or incorrectness of positive psychology. Many believe it is the only way, while others believe it is completely wrong. The concept has both perks and downsides, and those for, against, and in between the argument on positive psychology provide accurate and agreeable. Over time, psychologists will most likely continue to change their strategies until they find an effective strategy that tends to the needs of everyone, not just the suffering and not just the happy.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In today 's world, people are struggling to find happiness. From the people with most money to those who are struggling make end meet, everyone is on this quest to be happy. For some people, it could be playing basketball or going out drive to make them happy. Each people have the own thing to make them such as money. People think money can bring them happiness, but it can but its how you used it. The essay A Balanced Psychology and a Full Life and If money doesn 't make you happy, then you probably aren 't spending it right has the same ideas of pleasure, engagement, and meaning.... [tags: Debut albums, Happiness, Meaning of life]
1397 words (4 pages)
- ... The emphasis rests with fluctuating cognitions to create a positive outcome in one’s behavior through a goal-oriented, time-line systematic process. Treatment and Strategies The main treatment within the cognitive-behavioral approach is cognitive-behavioral therapy. Cognitive-behavioral therapy is a general term used for similar therapies within the cognitive-behavioral approach. Most cognitive-behavioral therapy depends greatly upon the cognitive model of emotional reactions. Cognitive-behavioral therapy also has the individual focus on inductive methods, which leads the individual to look at one’s thoughts as a hypothesis that can be tested.... [tags: psychodynamic, cognitive-behavioral, humanistic]
1853 words (5.3 pages)
- There are two exclusions to achieving happiness through solitary commitment and social dedication. The boundaries of each ought to be kept moderately. Happiness is obtained, through deep thought, and diligence finding out what one desires out of life. Some solitary, social happiness is often risky to the psychological state of being if not used with self-control and balance. The authentic analogy of the two kinds of happiness, social, solitary from completely different aspects. each of those is chosen counting on the comfortability, emotion, and also the rapture of pleasures one receives while looking for happiness.... [tags: Positive psychology, Psychology, Mental disorder]
1316 words (3.8 pages)
- Personal History: - I will briefly discuss how I was raised and how it possibly changed my personality over time. -I will briefly discuss how getting married and divorced at a young age affected my personality. -I will briefly discuss how my recent pregnancy losses might have affected my personality. -I will briefly discuss how my recent failed relationship (engaged and suffered pregnancy losses with him and now left to be a single mother because he doesn’t want to be around anymore) might have affected my personality.... [tags: Personality psychology, Psychology, Personal life]
1553 words (4.4 pages)
- In life, we get the chance to create our own destiny. The way we view life and how we handle situations, controls the success of the relationships we create throughout our life time. Everyone has different principles, but in order to be effective we must learn to understand others. With these four important understandings, Coney teaches us lessons we should endure in order to become a great leader not just in your workplace, but also on a person level. To be proactive, think win-win, become synergistic and to sharpen the saw allows you to think about life in a different perspective and not making it only about yourself.... [tags: Psychology, Personal life]
975 words (2.8 pages)
- In today 's world, people are struggling to find happiness. From the people with the most money, to those who are struggling to make end meet, everyone is on this quest to find happiness. For some people, it could be playing basketball or going out for a drive to make them happy. Each people have the own thing to make them happy such as money. People think money can bring them happiness, but it can but it’s how you used it. The essay A Balanced Psychology and a Full Life And If money doesn 't make you happy, then you probably aren 't spending it right has the same ideas of pleasure, engagement, and meaning.... [tags: Happiness, Meaning of life, Debut albums]
1403 words (4 pages)
- Understand Psychology While I was growing up I had to deal with my older sister that had emotional outburst and I always questioned why and what was going on in her head, Because of this, I had a fasciation in the study of psychology. I would say that I relate more with humanistic and Cognitive approach out of the four historical approaches. I do like to know the mental processes in other, but I rather get to know the whole person. I found myself for interested in learning more humanistic psychology.... [tags: Psychology, Maslow's hierarchy of needs]
1164 words (3.3 pages)
- Psychology in Everyday Life I never noticed how much psychology could be incorporated into everyday life. But really, any decision or action you take is related to it. I have personally been extremely interested in social psychology: why people do things because of social norms, what people do in order to look socially acceptable, etc. Others topics I also find interesting are sensation and perception; how past experiences can influence how you perceive the things around you, states of consciousness; how things that have happened in your day can be transferred into a mash of events in your dreams, motivation and emotion; what makes a person do something or what makes a person start or stop... [tags: Psychology, Personality psychology, Sociology]
840 words (2.4 pages)
- Balanced Scorecard Companies need to determine whether they are meeting the mission, strategy, and objectives. Many businesses use a balanced scorecard to weigh performance against the enterprise’s strategic components. The human resources (HR) balanced scorecard will have to determine if the internal performance meets the firm’s strategic plan and mission. In the following describes what a balanced scorecard means to an organization and HR, and what the HR balanced scorecard will assess for Best Buy.... [tags: Strategic management, Balanced scorecard]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- Single sex education is schools that its students are only girls or boys. It is a school with single gender sharing ideas in education and social life. Many people in our days argue about if wither the government should prevent single-sex schools and make all schools mixed or make all schools in a single-sex way Single-sex education is a controversial topic. I believe that mixed schools is much better than single-sex schools. As in mixed girls and boys have the ability to share many ideas in social, educational and political life.... [tags: pros vs. cons, social life]
626 words (1.8 pages)
- Communication Is A Process By Individuals Through A Common System Of Symbols, Signs, Or Behavior?
- The Struggle Within The United States
- The Banking System Of Panama
- Interviewing A Veteran Teacher At St. Agatha Catholic School
- God 's Amazing Grace And The Righteousness That Comes By Grace Through Faith
- A Interview At Cholla High School At Amy Mcdonald And Cindy Mady