8. How to Choose the Right Translator
With all the variety available, how to choose the right translator to work on your real estate marketing in a foreign language?
In the previous chapter we have discussed the general approach to choosing a translation vendor: A freelance translator or a translation agency, a boutique agency or a large corporation, local or online. But anyway, by the end of the day the actual job of translation will be done by a live person, a translator. In this chapter we will talk over more personal requirements to the translator who will be working for you on your real estate marketing in a particular language pair whether you have found her or him one way or the other - directly or through a translation agency, online or by phone.
Especially it is important to ask questions about the translator who will be working on your project if you deal with the translation agency, because most of the time the agencies would talk to you about the agency’s services only and after getting your job at a particular agreed upon rate per word, they would send your project over to anybody online who is available at the moment and agrees to work for the lowest rate per word to preserve the highest possible margin for the agency.
Here are the major qualities of any candidate to win your real estate marketing project that you should consider carefully:
- Fluency in both languages - the one you are translating from and the one you are translating to. Education, experience and portfolios of the previous writing and translating assignments should be provided by any candidate.
- Specialization in the field of marketing real estate, its set of terminology and jargon. Experience and successful previous works should be demonstrated....
... middle of paper ...
...s of the same English marketing text (a product description) for review, comparison and giving advice on which of the three translators to choose for the future cooperation with the international company in business of selling perfume and expanding into Russia (no translators’ names were provided for the reviewer of course). Two of the reviewed translations were good and almost the same in wording, but nothing impressive in terms of marketing the product, but the third one was quite different and although rendering the major features of the product equally well, the text also made the reader wishing to buy it right away! The last one had been chosen of course.
A summary: To choose the right translator for your real estate marketing is a project by itself as you have to consider all the parameters of the translator’s qualification, pricing and comfort of cooperation.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... 2. Glance at sites that specialize in translation tasks. Whilst you might possibly discover some task sources through the catch-all job panels, like Monster.com, you'll find a wider wide range of available jobs when you glance at sites that only list tasks for translators. 3. Post your resume on a translation website. Some translation task panels enable you to publish your resume. Customers can look over resumes at their convenience and as a consequence can also contact you through the board.... [tags: language, resume, job]
539 words (1.5 pages)
- ... Responsibilities as a Translator Translator mainly produces an initial output of the document. In this project, the author is responsible for translating the section “Quilting” of the source file, which is roughly 400 words, as instructed by the project manager. Based on the agreed group timeframe, a reasonable schedule needs to be planned ahead to have a sufficient amount of time for background searching, translating and reviewing. Moreover, quality is another issue which needs to be guaranteed.... [tags: role, plan, productivity]
542 words (1.5 pages)
- In the novels Brooklyn and The Translator we see the theme of the home prevalent in many different forms. The idea of home, leaving home, and returning home is a very proficient focus point for the paper. In addition, the concept of home means something very different to each character and how issues such as immigration/emigration, exile, and going back home play out in the narrative. From a rainy Ireland to a bustling New York City, or perhaps from the Western part of Sudan to Chad; the people demonstrate the idea of nationalism and a purpose of being.... [tags: Novel Analysis]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- Smart Passive Income With Real Estate By J Devereux | Submitted On October 31, 2011 Recommend Article Article Comments Print Article Share this article on Facebook Share this article on Twitter Share this article on Google+ Share this article on Linkedin Share this article on StumbleUpon Share this article on Delicious Share this article on Digg Share this article on Reddit Share this article on Pinterest Expert Author J Devereux There is a secret to getting smart passive income with real estate.... [tags: Real estate, Renting, English-language films]
823 words (2.4 pages)
- Nowadays, translation and interpretation are professions that are on the rise; this is due to globalization and more especially with the inception of Internet in our daily life. Because of this, there is currently an increasing demand for information and knowledge waiting to be translated into several languages, so the need for translators and interpreters eventually increased and is expected to continue growing in the coming years as people from all corners of the globe are more intertwined as never before.... [tags: Translation, Language interpretation, Time]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- There are many factors you will need to know before you attempt to sell a home in Calicut. You should know the ways the real estate market can work for you and against you. This will not be hard to do as a lot of information about a sell house in Calicut process can be found online. One thing that is important for you to keep in mind about being a seller in Calicut is making the right financial decision. A house sale or apartments sale is common, but you can also sell property or land in Calicut.... [tags: Real estate, Sales, House, Apartment]
1007 words (2.9 pages)
- Is the relationship between the translator and translation technology collaboration or competition. The relationship between translation and technology is a key question regarding the influence of translation in this profession. Now new technologies such as translation memories, collaborative translation management systems and data-based machine translation are influencing the very nature of the translation profession. Roman Jakobson (1960) saw the poetic function of language, which I believe can still remain and co-exist with technology.... [tags: machine translation, online dictionaries]
3003 words (8.6 pages)
- A fast growing trend in today’s rocky real estate market; buy a house, flip it and sell it quickly to earn a lucrative profit. In today’s real-estate market you have to be smart about the purchase you make and do your homework. Choosing the right neighborhood, a home with good bones, a large lot, and quiet street are key factors in producing a profitable investment. Choosing a home in sketchy transitional areas and over improving for the type of market can leave a real estate investor with a property that stays on the market, causing the investor to loose profit and have to lower his asking price below market value.... [tags: Real Estate ]
1884 words (5.4 pages)
- Many Americans today live in conditions of urban blight, stranded in marginalized areas which are not viewed as attractive investments by developers. Yet properties in these neighborhoods can yield immense benefits to the developer’s pocketbook as well as his conscience. All distressed areas have characteristics to recommend them, if one is willing to take risks and reject myopic thinking these appealing aspects can be harnessed to generate profits and revitalize the surrounding community. One city struggling with vast tracts of neglected real estate is Buffalo, NY.... [tags: Real Estate ]
1251 words (3.6 pages)
- Strategies of a Non-Native Translator Non-native speakers of the target language are strongly discouraged from translating literature. I believe this is a very sensible recommendation, for regardless of individual abilities, it is often the case that the texts translated by such translators do not flow well. To be more exact, when I read translated works by non-native speakers, including my own, I often detect a matter-of-fact, straightforward tone, rather too serious, if not downright annoying to read, instead of the subtleties and elegance of the flow exhibited by many native translators.... [tags: Free Essays Online]
3170 words (9.1 pages)