My initial interest in primary teaching sparked while volunteering in a summer play scheme run by a local charity for children aged 0-8 in the summer holidays of 2009. I found it extremely rewarding to see the look of satisfaction on a child’s face as they completed a piece of artwork, or took part in a group activity knowing that I helped give the children the confidence and ability to do so. Working closely with both the children and the parents greatly improved my confidence, and by the end of the play scheme I found myself singing along to the songs and joining in with the games with as much enthusiasm as the youngsters.
Through my local primary school I have been able to shadow a teacher of a mixed class of year one and year two pupils for two days. I was able to help the children with reading one-on-one, which I really enjoyed. I was patient and understanding while listening to the children read, and helped them with words they found difficult. I also took part in a maths lesson where the children were weighing different classroom objects. I enjoyed having the responsibility of supervising the children while learning, and interacting with different children. I had the responsibility of a group of children at playtime, in which I was required to keep the children entertained and maintain discipline. This experience gave me an insight into the running of a classroom, and reinforced my desire to teach.
In July 2008 I completed a week’s work expe...
... middle of paper ...
...n A*and my school’s Award for Outstanding Attainment in ICT. I have carried the subject on to A level, accomplishing an A grade at AS level. I have often helped my two younger cousins who are both primary aged to use the computer, teaching them how to word process documents and how to surf the internet. I love helping them learn new things, and have played a role in their understanding of numbers, letters, colours, reading and writing.
It would give me great pleasure to play a memorable role in the growth of many children. I understand that teaching is a taxing and tiring job, but I am more than willing to do whatever it takes to reach my goal of becoming a head teacher. I would be thrilled if I was ever able to achieve this, as I believe I have the personality, confidence, organisational skills and ability to become a resourceful, dedicated, appreciated head teacher.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- T.R.K.D. T.R.K.D. four applications that stand for Toontastic, Remind, Kidblog, and Duolingo. These four applications are excellent tools for teacher instruction. Toontastic is an educational application geared towards students in K- 5th grade. This application is a fun innovative learning tool that teaches storytelling skills through the creation of cartoons. Remind is a communication tool that helps teachers connect readily with students and parents by sending easy and fast messages online or to any of their portable devices.... [tags: High school, Education, Linguistics]
1728 words (4.9 pages)
- All children need an excellent education since they are growing up. This is just a known fact. What isn 't so appear concrete however, is how you would want to provide that important education to your kids. Can you rather have your son or daughter attend a public school. Or how about a school which is privately run. Or perhaps you might have confidence in homeschooling children would be the answer you are looking for. Even though many children actually enjoy all of that a public school offers, such as an active environment and several peer pressure, other children wouldn 't actually benefit as much from this.... [tags: Homeschooling, Education, Teacher]
780 words (2.2 pages)
- We all remember our teachers and for different reasons but an outstanding teacher, ones that we truly remember and cherish that memory have in some way moulded our lives. Outstanding teacher really can change lives. We often hear people say they were inspirational, they made me love school/a subject, I love being in their lessons… Whilst writing this section I reflected on my time as a primary school pupil and three very different teachers in three very different schools immediately came to mind… and probably have never been too far from my consciousness.... [tags: Education, School, Teacher, George Bernard Shaw]
930 words (2.7 pages)
- My goal as a teacher is to improve my student’s education and help them grow knowledgably. I like to see students at different levels develop with each other and learn. I want to challenge the students and watch them grow to their highest level of education. Therefore, having the students in groups is the best educational strategy I like to use a lot. I want my students to have freedom with whatever creativity they want, and to allow them to express themselves at any time. With this freedom students will be able to experiment with likes and dislikes and be able to figure their weaknesses and strengths.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Student]
1097 words (3.1 pages)
- Everyone that crosses our path in life has a purpose, they bring with them a lesson or blessing. Their lessons are valuable, helping us make sense of certain situations we may meet. As for teachers, they influence our lives greatly. Teachers have the ability to sculpt bright futures out of even the most disengaged or careless students. Our experiences with them effect our future and make us who we are today. Various people have taught me that anything is conceivable. However, the one genuine individual that has made me really trust this is my freshman biology teacher Ms.... [tags: Education, High school, Teacher, 2008 albums]
1133 words (3.2 pages)
- There are many characteristics and qualities that go into making a world class teacher. Some important things to look at are a teacher’s actions, mindset, and the way they run their classroom. A world class teacher to me is an educator who deeply cares about their students and wants them to do their best in all areas of learning and life. Providing students with the knowledge and tools in life to succeed are the components that go into an excellent education. The best teachers are able to be active learners along with the students to help them learn as much as possible.... [tags: Education, Teacher, History of education, Want]
1328 words (3.8 pages)
- Writing the first sentence of an essay has always been an obstacle for me in writing. I just don’t know where to start. And this ties with organization of my essay, where do I go after my first sentence and then where for my second paragraph and so on. I have trouble deciding or knowing which supporting paragraph should go in which order. Or when I have a sentence that seems to fit in two paragraphs but I don’t know which one to put it in. I have so many problems when I’m writing an essay not just the one’s in my introduction paragraph.... [tags: Writing]
797 words (2.3 pages)
- From 1988 California has established an assessment for teachers as indicated by Lynn Larsen. Many teachers are assessed so the California districts know the quality of the teaching of the teachers. Without assessment, teachers are given tenure after two years of teaching at schools. This protects them from being fired over misleading comments by students, parents, and staff. Though, at many times this tenure is taken advantage of when a teacher has poor teaching skills or the lack of effort. For the reason of certain teachers not trying to teach their classes with the right effort and dedication, teachers should be given their tenure according to their evaluation.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Assessment]
1110 words (3.2 pages)
- I am proud to be a teacher, and I work to strengthen and improve the teaching profession by training other educators. I do this because I believe that the quality of a child 's teacher can be the most important factor in determining his or her success. Therefore, I train and support veteran teachers, new teachers, and student interns who are pursing education as a career. I strengthen the teaching profession by strengthening teachers. As a mentor teacher in the Montgomery County Public Schools, I support new teachers as well as student interns from the University of Maryland.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Profession]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- Decision-making Model Based off of the decision making model in section 8.1, I am currently in the process of gathering information, assessing the outcome, and taking action. I have spent countless hours gathering information on my career choice, from learning the basics of teaching up to the required education and classes. My chances of becoming a teacher are fairly high because I am eager and passionate towards this career, however, I have also thought about the possibilities of failure. If my goal does not go as planned, I still plan on proceeding towards a career that allows me to care and interacts with others.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Employment, School]
1091 words (3.1 pages)