“Every day in countries around the world, animals are fighting for their lives, these are mutilated and confined to tiny cages so that we can kill them in outdated product tests for cosmetics, personal-care products, and household-cleaning products. These animals are burned, blinded, poisoned, electrocuted, strangled, and tested on all in the name of “science”’ stated by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (1). Animals are abused and mistreated on a daily basis. They are poked and prodded during tests to find out information to find out if products will be harmful to us humans. Animals should not have to go through test that harm and hurt them, the way they are treated is inhumane. Although animals have some similarities to human’s does not mean they will have the same reactions. The test performed on these animals are not very accurate of what will happen when humans take that tested product. There are alternatives that we can use to put an end to animal testing.
Animal testing has been going since the 1920, many large corporation but not all have banned the use of animal testing. “Some corporations still force substances into animals’ stomachs and drip chemicals into rabbits’ eyes. These tests are not required by law, and they often produce inaccurate or misleading results—even if a product has blinded an animal, it can still be marketed to you.”(PETA 1) I also states in the book “Thanking the Monkey” written by Karen Dawn When running cosmetic tests on these animals “animals are shaved and doused with products to see how much it takes to make their skin burn and blister” (Dawn 240). Think about all the products that we consumers buy and use that have been tested on animals. All of those animals have been forced to e...
... middle of paper ...
...ronment for them”(PETA). We as people have the power to save animals from this malicious treatment and suffering that harms them. Be an informed consumer, don’t buy makeup and cosmetics that are tested on animals if you are opposed to animal testing. Together, we can make a difference and save all the suffering animals live and give them better places to live.
Dawn, Karen. Thanking the monkey. United States: Basic, 2008. Print.
Clemmitt, Marcia. “Is the treatment of animals improving?: Animal Rights. 8 January 2010. Volume 20. Issue 1. CQ Researcher
Clemmitt, Marcia. “Do animals think?: Animal Intelligence. 22 October 2010. Volume 20. Issue 37. CQ Researcher
Knight, Andrew. Review on recent clinical trials. May 2008. Volume 3. Issue 2. P86. Academic search complete
Peta. Animal testing. 10 April 2014. Peta.org. internet
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Animal testing has been practiced since ancient times. The ancient Greeks killed and dissected animals for scientific and religious purposes, as well as performed experiments on them to discover the functions of living organisms. Through animal testing, human life has been extended and improved. Many great feats have been accomplished using animal based testing. Animal testing has brought us vaccines for polio, TB, and meningitis, as well as, insulin, and asthma inhalers. It also added in the eradication of smallpox, and continues to assist us as cancer survival rates continue to rise.... [tags: Animal testing, Animal rights]
763 words (2.2 pages)
- Libby, who had been rescued by PETA from a laboratory which used more than 200 animals solely as experimental subjects, had been affected in such negative ways as a result of being utilized as a variable in multiple experiments. Libby had been tattooed a number in her inner ear by the laboratory for identification, the lonely dog was noticeably undernourished and abnormally thin. She had been infected with hookworms, tapeworms, a vaginal infection, and was too afraid to do anything more than crawl on her stomach desperately in need of affection (Life After the Laboratory: Libby 's Story, PETA).... [tags: Animal testing, Animal rights]
777 words (2.2 pages)
- Many companies around the world test Cosmetic and medicinal related products to make sure it is safe for human consumption. Most branded cosmetic or medicinal companies have testing labs working every day. Animals are very similar to humans biologically, and are accepted in many households as pets. However companies have tested products on animals for many years. Medicines like insulin were discovered directly from the experimentation on dogs. Although testing on animals has helped humanity by providing medicines, the cosmetic testing is unneeded, and with alternatives available for both medicinal and cosmetic testing the testing on animals must stop.... [tags: Animal testing, Testing cosmetics on animals]
711 words (2 pages)
- Why do we as humans feel as if testing on animals will somehow lead us to great findings and advances in medicines and cosmetics. As if an animal has the same DNA as us or the same genes. What if the animal on the testing table was your beloved dog or cat. Would you then think differently about the products you 're buying. The human race is nothing like the animals we test on. It is selfish of us to use animals for our own personal reasons. Although there are many reasons we as humans test on animals there are also many more reasons we should not.... [tags: Animal testing, Human, Animal rights]
1563 words (4.5 pages)
- Animal testing : Why are animals being tortured. An English philosopher Jeremy Bentham once stated his question about animals “Can they reason?Can they talk. most importantly, Can they suffer?”(Peter Singer) Are animals born to be experimented . In fact,95% of animals are not protected by Federal Animal Welfare act[AWA] in experiments(The Hastings Center). Some people think animal testing is unjust because of how they treat animals and use animals. which is just cruel and inhumane. I mean why are scientists using animals when we can use humans for more reliable information.... [tags: Animal Testing Essays]
884 words (2.5 pages)
- Ricky Gervais, an English comedian and actor, once said, "Dear intelligent people of the world, don't get shampoo in your eyes. It really stings. There. Done. Now f***ing stop torturing animals." (Gervais). Although people may receive Mr. Gervais’ words as harsh, his message contains truth, that people need to stop testing on animals. Animals need to stop being the center of laboratory and farm experiments, or at least given more rights to protect their general welfare and life. Scientists started using animals in testing in 1851 as a part of learning in the classroom at universities (ProQuest).... [tags: Animal Testing Essays]
3099 words (8.9 pages)
- At this moment, millions of animals know cold cages in laboratories as home, but why. Some of these animals are subjects for medical research purposes, while others are used out of pure curiosity and to test different products. Majority of these animals are used in painful experiments and are left in agony. While many of them die, a few animals survive, but these unfortunate ones wish they could be put out of their misery as well. Although scientists have resources they could use to lower the pain each animal endures and even alternatives of their test subjects, millions of innocent creatures are still suffering.... [tags: Animal Testing Essays]
1354 words (3.9 pages)
- Every year, animals are subjected to cruel and unnecessary experimentation. According to the USDA, “between 1990-1997 research labs registered with the USDA reported killing at least 12,895,885 dogs, cats, primates, guinea pigs, hamsters, rabbits, bears, armadillos, squirrels, wild rodents and other species. This doesn't include non USDA registered labs” (“Wikianswers”). Lab animals are cut up and tortured to death all in the name of science. How can we as fellow animal species continue to allow this to happen.... [tags: Animal Rights]
807 words (2.3 pages)
- Speech: Animal Testing Introduction: Rows of rabbits wait in cages, their heads tightly clamped in stocks to prevent movement. The lower lids of the rabbits’ eyes are pulled back. Technicians drip nail polish remover, mascara, shampoo, and astringent into their eyes, where the chemicals stay for three to 21 days. The chemicals burn and often blind the animals. Rabbits’ sensitive corneas make excellent subjects for this procedure—called the Draize test—because they cannot cry to wash away the toxic chemicals.... [tags: Animal Testing]
872 words (2.5 pages)
- When it comes to animals and their rights, there is a definite line between our needs and our taking advantage of those species that we consider inferior. As long as man has existed he has been carnivorous, and the same holds true for many other species of animals. Animals are a necessity to humans for survival, whether it be for food, clothing, etc. However, the unnecessary torture of animals through testing is not a necessity for human survival. When it comes to the needless torture of animals that we claim to benefit, the animals lives need to be taken into consideration.... [tags: Animal Testing]
1951 words (5.6 pages)