The value of a new product should be its main purpose not necessarily how much money it rakes in. If the person’s needs are met, it is a good day. In order to market a new product there are several things that must be done to get it out there to the public so that they can benefit from it. The Meal Creator App is the new mobile app software that will be discussed in this paper. There are many nutrition and diet apps out there but as explained a little later, there is no other app like it on the market.
The strategic planning process involves a situation analysis, creating a mission statement and an objective, the value proposition, and various strategies to get it off the ground (Tanner, Jr & Raymond, 2012, pg. 25). The situation analysis process is retrieving intel on the external environment and the internal environment and within those realms they analyze their strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT). Tracking the different apps that are out there that provide similar meal creations to The Meal Creator App is an example of getting information from the external environment. Knowing who, what, how, and the why of the competition is critical in the formulation of any product. The internal environment is finding out the capabilities of the product creator to see if they have the necessary means to go forward with the project.
Knowing what the mission is for the product is essential. Is it strictly for money purposes or is it to truly help other people have a better life? The Meal Creator App is being created to help create “time” in a sense. It also takes the thinking out of the equation when it comes to meal planning. Having an objective is knowing, within a specific time frame, what the end...
... middle of paper ...
... main concern for most people. Encrypting the software would be a must so that no one else would be able to retrieve private information from the user. The user does not need to see ads while using the app so there would not be any. Spamming would not be an option because there would be no email requirements upon getting the app. The payment for the full app would strictly be with PayPal and they have encryption with strong ethical and legal principles. No one would be able to find out what that person put as an app requirement. It would solely be for that person. The only thing that would be transferred over the internet are the various recipes based upon the user’s requirements.
The Meal Creator App is the next big thing in recipe apps. Anyone can use it and it is based upon personalized settings used in a safe and fun environment. Let’s see what meal is for dinner!
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In order for an organization to increase its value over a period of time it uses what is often referred to as strategic capability. With this process, businesses use competitive strategies to reach targets. (Hartman, n.d.) As competitive strategy goes hand in hand with strategic capabilities, the Business Directory defines competitive strategy as a “long term action-plan that is devised to help a company gain a competitive advantage over its rival.” It goes on to state that these strategies are useful in relation to discrediting another organization’s products or services; as such, they are a main part of advertising campaigns.... [tags: Marketing, Strategy, Management, The Return]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- New product development is the process of introducing a diverse product in the existing, emerging or new market. It can originate from new technology or new market opportunities (Eliashberg, J., Lilien, G. L., & Rao, V. R. 1997). Literature defines product development as exploiting an untapped market opportunity and turning it into a value product for customer satisfaction. Development and introduction of a new product requires extensive research on understanding customer needs, market structure, emerging trends and analysing the internal & external competitive market environments.... [tags: Marketing, New product development]
1953 words (5.6 pages)
- emerging or new market. It can originate from new technology or new market opportunities (Eliashberg, J., Lilien, G. L., & Rao, V. R. 1997). Literature defines product development as exploiting an untapped market opportunity and turning it into a value product for customer satisfaction. Development and introduction of a new product requires extensive research on understanding customer needs, market structure, emerging trends and analysing the internal & external competitive market environments. To evaluate customer satisfaction previous researches provide strong relationship between customer satisfaction and product quality, product features and value for money.... [tags: Marketing, New product development]
1713 words (4.9 pages)
- In order to be successful, there are specific questions that must be asked for each of the categories of the 4Ps: Product- involves the way the product is designed. Below are some of the questions that should be answered: What does the customer want from the product. It is important to identify key features that will appeal to the consumers. These features should be able to address the needs of the consumers. What is it to be called. The name should be memorable, simple and easy to remember by the consumer.... [tags: Marketing, Price, Pricing, Distribution]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- Launching a new product always comes with certain risks as well as significant financial impact. The design and development of the product, marketing the product and implementing processes to produce it all incur costs even before the product can be produced and sold to customers. It is essential to mitigate risks so all the up-front costs do not go to waste. The team at Interface has assessed common risks associated with product launches to proactively address and mitigate those risks for the launch of the World Woven collection.... [tags: Marketing, Management, Project management]
1546 words (4.4 pages)
- New product development is an essential key for a company to survive or stay competitive in the highly changed business environment nowadays(Annacchino, Marc A, 2003). Although technology plays an important role in the development of new products, the role of marketing should not be underestimated. A result illustrates that companies with a marketing department which has strong capabilities and skills are more likely to be more successful with their new products(Drechsler et al.,2013). Hence this essay will investigate the role of marketing played in the different stages of new product development and launch.... [tags: Marketing, Product life cycle management]
1437 words (4.1 pages)
Nordstrom : A Market Segment, Targeting, Managing The Crm, And Identifying New Product Development Opportunities
- Milestone Three consists of the following: identifying your market segment, targeting that segment, managing the CRM, and identifying new product development opportunities 1. Divide your target market into segments. Address how the markets will be segmented and how the CRM will allow you to retain your segmented markets. Nordstrom segments are broken down into preference segments. There are three segments that Nordstrom has containing the following: homogeneous, diffused, and clustered. Homogeneous is a market with no natural segments.... [tags: Marketing, Mobile phone, New product development]
982 words (2.8 pages)
- Value Added Tax Final Oliver Wendell rightly said - “I like to pay taxes. With them, I buy civilization.” True indeed. With the practice of paying taxes, you not only show yourself as a responsible citizen towards country, but you are contributing some portion of your income towards the betterment of the nation.Government has various policies and to get them operational in the system funds are required. These financial resources are earned in the form of taxes from the residents of the country. Hence taxes come into being and they are classified into 2 basic categories, i.e.... [tags: Value added tax, Tax, Indirect tax]
773 words (2.2 pages)
- 1. Introduction 1.1 High Value of Skin-Care in China The skin-care industry is worth a whopping $24 billion in the $160 billion dollar beauty industry (“Pots of Promise”, 2003). In China, the Chinese place a high value on beauty and skin-care because they fear ageing (Lin, 2013). Because of this and the growing incomes of the Chinese in China, the skin-care industry is doing extremely well in China where ‘skin care represents 40 per cent of the cosmetics and toiletries market’ (Mobius, 2013, para.... [tags: beauty, Nivea, Europe, market, anti-aging product]
1688 words (4.8 pages)
- Product Life Cycle A new product progresses through a sequence of changes from introduction to growth, maturity & decline. This sequence is known as the “Product Life-Cycle” & is associated with changes in the marketing situation, thus impacting the marketing strategy & the marketing mix. Introduction Stage In the introduction stage, the firm seeks to build product awareness & develop a market for a product. The impact on the marketing mix is as follows: • Product :- Branding & quality level is established & intellectual property protection such as patents & trademarks are obtained.... [tags: Business Marketing Product]
1514 words (4.3 pages)