Technology has increasingly become a big part of peoples’ everyday lives. Our dependence on these technological products are based on it helping us advance in the medical, financial and social fields. Medically, technology has allowed the human race to defy all odd against deadly illnesses, broken bones and advancements allowing people to prolong their lives. Once of the greatest technologically advancements of history is the space exploration. But, technology can also carry a negative connotation to it, like allowing people to create advance weaponry and also weapons of mass destruction. Personally, technology helps me with my day to day activities like, checking the weather, setting alarms, giving me directions and even keeping in touch with families and friends. IST has always been a big part of my life, many people in my family have either businesses or jobs that involve the technological field. So naturally, I rejected the notion of ever becoming a technology major or having anything to do with IST; as I grew older my relationship with technology went from hate to love. It reminds me of the little things, like teaching my grandparents how to use a word document or my father how to use google docs, or even Gmail in general. IST means more to me than just a major or something I will do once I graduate from college- it applies to a certain type of intellectual level that I crave.
In 2015, technologically the world has made amazing strides creating products like the Apple Watch or the Oxo Barista Brain 12-cup Brewing System making our already convenient lives even more convenient. Along with making strides, the information technology world also has set backs, the Standish Groups’ Chaos report ...
... middle of paper ...
...s that involve technology is Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Microsoft Project and RSS feed, google reader and Web technologies. Other than Microsoft office a more popular and arguably a more convenient method of typing and storing documents is Google Docs. Google Doc is linked with the users Gmail account allowing the person to create a document, PowerPoint and excel spreadsheet within their email. Not only will they be allowed to access it through their own personal email but the user can also collaborate on all documents and google docs automatically saves their work. There are other technology based features like, RSS feeder which is used to keep track of all the news based on a certain subject of interest.
1. "What Is Software?" What Is Software? Web. 01 May 2016.
2. Kasper, Luke. PowerPoint. Penn State Abington, 2016. Web. May-June 2016.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Today, technology has been invading our life. As we are in the twenty first century, technology is becoming more and more reliable for human to be dependant on. The growth of technology innovation is seen increasing sharply over the past few years. With the creation of technology, human now may think less and let the technology do their job. There are pro and cons having technology helping us with our daily life. For example, almost everyone can’t let go of their phone off their hands. When we gather together, almost everyone just stick their face to their smartphone and scroll social media applications.... [tags: Technology, Science, Human, Personal life]
961 words (2.7 pages)
- Introduction As stated in Kitis’ journal ‘Ads- Part of our lives’ (2012), ‘Ads affect us all in different ways.’ (pg. 305). Advertising is reached to us at least one thousand times or more a day, whether we think about it or not. Mobile advertisement is now a huge part of our lives, especially being young adults. With technology on the rise, and every young adult owning and using a mobile phone, companies are taking advantage of the ever-growing trends and apps. Research from SmartInsight shows the average adult in Australia uses their mobile devices 2.8 hours a day.... [tags: Advertising, Marketing, Mind, Thought]
1257 words (3.6 pages)
- In the 80s, technology began its rise amongst society: the first cell phone was introduced to the market, personal computers were being sold, televisions were showing up in homes across the nation, and portable music devices were becoming popular. As time progressed, people have allowed technology to become more prevalent in their lives. Even though electronics have benefited our lives, they also have negative effects on us as well. Technology’s role in our daily life should be reduced because it causes a decline in our reading skills, causes excessive dependency, and weakens social relationships with others.... [tags: Mobile phone, Cellular network, GSM services]
891 words (2.5 pages)
- The influence of the computer technology is mainly manifested on the internet in daily lives. In the 20th century, mass media went through network improvements around the world. Information technology, digital and networked information communication has brought human free, convenience and interaction. The wide application of information technology improves the working efficiency. It not only helps individuals to get relaxed, but also extend the circle of friends; however, this can be problematic for some individuals as well.... [tags: Information technology, Technology]
1321 words (3.8 pages)
- Introduction There are many ways that technology can be used in today’s society. It is important that every business knows how to use technology effectively. With the use of technology businesses can run more smoothly and efficiently. But technology can also create a problem within a business if it is not utilized correctly. This summer my family traveled to St. Thomas for a family vacation. Getting to St. Thomas was not a problem, but leaving the island there were a lot of difficulties with the use of technology that made it almost impossible to leave.... [tags: Technology, Information technology, Employment]
1267 words (3.6 pages)
- Technology has developed into highly useful, effective pieces of equipment and machinery. With various uses, it has molded its way into peoples’ lives and daily routines. Now, technology has turned away from being simply a material object and has become a human’s lifeline and friend. Technology is a drug. It consumes people of all ages and weaves itself into the lives of people and can even become addictive. In 2007, Apple invented the iPhone. The iPhone instantly grew in popularity and began to spread internationally.... [tags: Mass media, Marshall McLuhan, Sociology]
1598 words (4.6 pages)
- Visions of Tomorrow Environment A large area that the twentieth century writers thought would be negatively affected by the advancement of technology is the impact on the environment. One author believes that it is our obsession with power that causes our careless destruction of the world on which we live. We exploit the environment to gain money, which we have determined to mean power. Our greed will lead to the destruction of the planet on which we rely so very deeply to live. Another author says that the use of technology to automate work will not give us more leisure time, but actually destroy the leisure activities.... [tags: Nuclear weapon, Cold War, Leisure, Technology]
1106 words (3.2 pages)
- Technology molds its way into peoples’ lives and daily routines. It has turned away from being a material object and has become a human’s best-friend. From consuming people of all ages and weaving itself into many lives, technology even presents addictive qualities. In 2007, Apple invented the iPhone. The latest version is the future iPhone 8, which is said to be released in September 2017. By learning about the Communication Technologies and Functions of Media in Everyday Life perspectives, one can become more media literate about the upcoming electronic device.... [tags: Mass media, Media influence, Technology, Media]
1034 words (3 pages)
- In this paper I will talk about the topic that technology will eventually destroy the entire civilization, since people are greedy and the revenge of nature. After reading Spiritwalker, the first thought that came to my mind was whether or not humans will be destroyed by technology. Different people have different answers. Technology's advantages and disadvantages are a subject of constant discussion. Those who are against technology have the opinion that technology harms people and will ultimately ruin human civilization.... [tags: Cause Effect Technology]
1723 words (4.9 pages)
- . Technology has changed so many of the ways in which we live our lives, from the invention of the wheel to the advanced systems we use and take for granted everyday. Technology was once taboo in most house holds while people still clung to the idea that life was built on life experiences. Nicholas Carr stated in, Is Goggle making us stupid. "Back in the fourth century, BCE, Plato complained that writing (then a fairly new technology) was destroying peoples memory, yet he wrote dozens of books.... [tags: information age, social media]
885 words (2.5 pages)