The most important factor of Sun Tzu’s philosophy is moral ethics, or in other words Tao. Tao, which stands for ‘philosophy’ or ‘the way’, is the essential core of Sun Tzu’s philosophy. This factor forms unity of an army. When thinking strategically moral ethics is the key factor to further success. Sun Tzu said, “We can form a single united body, while the enemy must split up into fractions. Hence there will be a whole pitted against separate parts of a whole, which means that we shall be many to the enemy’s few” (Sun Tzu's Art of War in English Illustrated). Towards war, moral ethics causes an army to be in complete accord with their ruler, so that they will follow, regardless of their lives, and undismayed by any danger. An army utilizes their abilities as a whole unit instead of several individuals. Similarly, in a business environment moral ethics plays a major role. It allows co-workers to work as a team to get the job done. It helps serve the requirements of people that have the business mission centered on them. Moral ethics helps attract employees, customers, supporters, and other associating allies towards a business.
The second factor of Sun Tzu’s philosophy is clima...
... middle of paper ...
...utiful. Web. 11 Dec. 2009. http://www.chinapage.com/sunzi-e.html.
Cantrell, Robert L. "Understanding Sun Tzu on the Art of War." Preface. Understanding Sun Tzu on the Art of War. Arlington: Center For Advantage, 2003. Web. 11 Dec. 2009. http://www.artofwarsuntzu.com/1stChapter.pdf.
"SONSHI.COM | Sun Tzu Biography and Introduction: Sun Tzu The Art of War and Strategy Site by Sonshi.com." Sonshi.com | Online resource for your Sun Tzu Art of War book. Web. 11 Dec. 2009. http://sonshi.com/why.html.
"Strategies&Tactics SunTzu and The Art of War Applied to Portfolio & Risk Management." Portfolio Management and Risk Management Consulting. Web. 11 Dec. 2009. http://www.strategies-tactics.com/suntzu.htm#Contents_Anchor.
"Sun Tzu's Art of War in English Illustrated." About Sun Tzu's book - The Art of War. Web. 11 Dec. 2009.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- What does it mean to be a hero in an exciting fantasy adventure. The bigger question is who would not want to be the hero of their own story. In the fantasy genre, these heroes are given the typical heroic tropes that go beyond the gender norm of saving a damsel in distress and fairy tale archetypes. For students, this could be known as “The Heroic Cycles” that are often found in the fantasy genre (Thomas 60). The hero “is usually an orphan, disposing of inconvenient parental monitoring. He or she is sent on a great quest of great importance… He or she meets up with a wise person, reflecting the desire of students for guidance.... [tags: harry potter, hogwarts, wizard world]
1741 words (5 pages)
- Jacques Ellul is one of the most influential philosophers who observed propaganda from an altered viewpoint. Ellul believes that technology is governing man’s purpose. Mass media continually modernizes and updates, therefore it knows exactly how to target people’s interests. Ellul emphasizes a few different types of propaganda in Chapter 3 of his book “Propaganda: The Formation of Men’s Attitudes.” He believes that propaganda is founded on more than one part of science and that it changes with science, shares its achievements, and realizes its flaws.... [tags: Influencial Philosopher, Propaganda]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- George Washington Classical Sun Tzu Strategist and Master in the Art of War The American defeat of the British during the Revolutionary War was a direct result of George Washington's incredible leadership and generalship which epitomized the greatness of Sun Tzu's "Art of War" Introduction The key to the success of the American Revolution was the George Washington himself. Faced with a near impossible task of defeating a tremendously powerful enemy, Washington was required to defy the odds.... [tags: Papers]
1772 words (5.1 pages)
- A Great Philosopher Pico della Mirandola was an Italian Philosopher and a humanist. A lot of people would consider Pico della Mirandola an ideal man of the Italian Renaissance. Pico really helped the Renaissance, he made a huge impact on a lot of other philosophers, and a lot of other philosophers influenced him. Pico della Mirandola once stated,“Whatever seeds each man cultivates will grow to maturity and bear in him their own fruit. If they be vegetative, he will be like a plant.”(BrainyQuote).... [tags: Italian philosopher and humanist]
1182 words (3.4 pages)
- Anaxagoras was an ancient Greek Philosopher, in His early stages of life he settled in Clazomenae , Ionia. He was blessed with the infatuated of knowledge and the support of a wealthy family nothing was known much of His early life , however he did realize the love of science. He was the concept of philosophy to the Athenians. As well as , he was also involved of the predictions of how the moon phases worked Anaxagoras was a very perspicacious man and did incredible things. Anaxagoras played a huge role in scientific and cultural developments.... [tags: Earth, Sun, Moon, Astronomy in medieval Islam]
710 words (2 pages)
- The Leader as a Strategist Report Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Redmond, Washington, United States that develops, manufactures, licenses, and supports a wide range of products and services predominantly related to computing through its various product divisions. Established on April 4, 1975 to develop and sell BASIC interpreters for the Altair 8800, Microsoft rose to dominate the home computer operating system market with MS-DOS in the mid-1980s, followed by the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems.... [tags: Microsoft, Operating system, Computer software]
2570 words (7.3 pages)
- Sun Tzu's The Art of War The translation of the “Sun Tzu: The Art of War” ancient Chinese text has been given by many different writers. Samuel B. Griffith, Brigadier General, retired, U.S. Marine Corps; is a proven strategist that studied the English commandoes war fighting skills as a Captain. As a Major, Griffith was hand picked to serve as Executive Officer under the command of Lieutenant Colonel Merritt Edson of the 1st Raider Battalion, one of the battalions that perfected the amphibious landings during World War II.... [tags: Sun Tzu Art War Essays]
2159 words (6.2 pages)
- Heroic Slave Rebel in Delaney's Blake or the Huts of America and Douglass' Heroic Slave The fundamental element of a successful slave rebellion is a heroic slave rebel. Madison Washington of Frederick Douglass' The Heroic Slave and Henry Blake of Martin Delany's Blake or the Huts of America serve as models of that rebel. First, he must possess a will to stay and fight-he must not be content to just run away and gain individual freedom, abandoning his family and friends. Second, he needs intelligence, and preferably education as well, to be able to organize large, complex plans of rebellion.... [tags: Douglass Heroic Slave Essays]
1544 words (4.4 pages)
- Giambattista Vico and the Pedagogy of 'Heroic Mind' in the Liberal Arts ABSTRACT: Vico's concept of the Heroic Mind forms the pedagogical basis for his view of the liberal arts in university education. It is also the key to understanding his humanist critique of Cartesian epistemology. This essay studies Vico's Heroic Mind concept as revealed in his 1732 De mente heroica Oration, discusses the nature of Vico's challenge to Descartes' view of the human person and of knowledge, and points out the development of Vico's ideas on mind, education, and knowledge from his earlier works.... [tags: Vico Heroic Mind Essays]
3117 words (8.9 pages)
- The Sun The sun is the largest object in the solar system. It is a middle-sized star and there are many other stars out in the universe just like it. Even though it is only a middle-sized star it is large enough to hold over 1 million Earth’s inside if it were hollow. The temperature on the sun is far too much for any living thing to bear. On the surface it is 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit and the core is a stunning 27,000,000 degrees Fahrenheit. But don’t worry we are over 90,000 million miles away, the sun could never reach us, at least not yet.... [tags: Sun Solar Power Solar System Essays]
1656 words (4.7 pages)