The exact nature of my issue is the student service, Campus Escort, which the University of Nevada, Reno provides to its students. This student service is funded by a fee that the students pay every semester and it resembles a taxi except that it can only travel in a two mile radius of the school. This service should have more funding and should change a few of its policies along with its operating hours this way it is more of a convenience for the students and so it can protect them to the fullest.
Currently the operating hours of the Campus Escort are from 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. (“Campus Escort,” Unr.edu.) However, it can only take students to or from buildings that are open on-campus, most of which are closed by midnight. Knowing this we should push back the hours of the escort s...
... middle of paper ...
My solution to the problem is to change the operating hours of the Campus Escort and to change some of the policies they have, one being denying intoxicated students to take it. If we change some minor things the campus escort service can protect the students and use its funds properly. In turn if we provide the student’s with the safety and security they deserve we can make the University have a more positive image and show the country that we have taken action at the cost of Brianna Denison’s life. By adding to the security of the University we can draw in more students and can start other building projects with the help of their funding. We can also receive more funding by asking for a grant from the government for the student’s safety. Campus Escort can impact our University in the most positive way and bury the tragic past that has occurred in Reno.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Technical Escort: Revealed From the creation of the Army’s Technical Escort Unit, there has always been one mission that has never changed; the removal, transportation and disposal of chemical weapons. “The U.S. Army Technical Escort Unit was formed in 1944 and is the longest, continuously active, military chemical unit in existence... The unit was formed as a group of specialist to escort chemical weapons”(Cashman, 2000, p. 104). Although this mission type has not faded, the overall mission of these units has expanded to a larger arena.... [tags: Army's Technical Escort Unit]
984 words (2.8 pages)
- A Proposal to Extend Rapid Service Bus Schedules Problem As a commuter student I spend an average of 16 hours and 25 minutes per week in campus while waiting for my classes to begin or for the first bus to start its route back home. The main problem with Rapid Service from Valley Metro, that connects Park and Rides and Downtown Phoenix, is that has strict schedules. For example, the I-10 East route that begins at Pecos Park and Ride starts the inbound at 5:10 AM and ends at 8:10 AM. The outbound stop location that is closest to Downtown Phoenix campus, in Central & Van Buren, starts at 3:30 PM and ends at 6:15 PM.... [tags: Bus, Public transport bus service]
1222 words (3.5 pages)
- 1) Summary The proposal I have chosen to critique is the “Vancouver Island Eco Initiatives-Request for Proposals VIEI-11-02”. This proposal introduces a way for Camosun Students to earn extra bursaries by means of selling used books, clothing, non-perishable food and random items that are put together on a table and sold for $20 each. Four students will be assigned to each table, to gather items and food for sale. Once a month (the first Monday for Lansdowne Students, and the last Monday for Interurban Students) these sales will be held.... [tags: Proposal, Proposals, Student, University]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- During the last few weeks, I have participated in “Student Friend”, a community service that let me be a close friend of an elementary student’s. Every Monday noon, I, Shuto, Brittany and Gunnard carpooled to Greencastle Elementary School. This school is pretty close to our DePauw campus, so it usually takes only 15 minutes to get there. The school is large and spacious and divided into different areas. Inside there are plenty of rooms such as dining rooms, living rooms and entertainment rooms. There are also some big bulletin boards for the lists of well-behaved children, which are similar to children’s badges in Vietnam.... [tags: Student, International student, Education]
970 words (2.8 pages)
- Throughout their careers, students are asked to complete a variety of tasks. These tasks can vary from homework, to studying for the SAT, being involved in a sport, and participating in community service. The predicament comes into action when administrative faculty are left with the question of whether or not this service should be required to graduate. Although many may argue otherwise, it is clear that community service should be required because it encourages the progress of students at school, gives them exposure to the world, and provides students with knowledge that is inaccessible at school.... [tags: Education, Service Opportunities, Students]
944 words (2.7 pages)
- Study Proposal for a Social Studies and Premedical (Premed) Student As a Social Studies and premedical student, I aspire to lead an international health and development non-governmental organization (NGO). Combining my skills as a physician and practitioner of development, I plan to enhance the health of marginalized, persecuted, and exiled populations. Through direct interaction with government bodies and humanitarian NGOs, I hope to highlight and curb the medical and psychological burdens stemming from human rights violations.... [tags: Study Proposal]
509 words (1.5 pages)
- Washburn Women's Venture Partners: Proposal for Grant Funding: the iRead Common Reading Program Purpose: The iRead common reading program at Washburn University was developed to enhance the educational experience of the students and the greater Washburn/Topeka community. • Common reading programs merge the curricular and cocurricular components of college and reinforce the message that learning occurs both inside and outside the classroom.* • Such programs help students understand that reading, critical thinking, discussion, and other activities are expected in college and contribute to learning.* • Reading can promote more meaningful learning.... [tags: Verbal Proposal]
860 words (2.5 pages)
- It was a hot summer day, the sun floundering every terrace with its burning waves. I was with Sam, at his terrace, playing with those plastic tubes that spread water everywhere as we squeeze them. It was among the happiest moments of my summer vacation, which was not that long, for it was only two Sundays a month, the rest was at the daunting and exhausting mill of my master or patron. Sam and I were bond by a sturdy friendship crowned with the innocence of the early childhood that I miss greatly.... [tags: Creative Writing Essays]
772 words (2.2 pages)
- Champion Services, Inc. - Software Development Proposal Champion Services, Inc., like all other companies, desires to be the best. When it comes to delivering high quality programming and service to the people of the northwest United States, Champion Services, Inc. feels that there is no one better. Champion Services, Inc. currently provides a basic Internet portal for its customers. This portal provides basic information and the ability to request more information by automating an email message.... [tags: Business Proposal Plan]
1647 words (4.7 pages)
- Business Proposal In today’s busy world where time is precious to everybody; getting readymade food at the door steps is everyone’s wish. That’s the precise reason anyone from small restaurant to the biggest have home food delivery service. Everyone have their own choice in foods and eat different stuff at different time. Even In same family someone may want pizza for dinner, someone want subway sandwich, and someone may want Mexican food. In such situation when everyone in family want different stuff to eat at same time; you may end up spending lots of time going through different food menus, calling different restaurants, putting up separate orders and wait to get all orders delivered so... [tags: Business Proposal]
434 words (1.2 pages)