For the strategic opportunities analysis of Walmart, they are mainly about expansion and improve its business practices. Those opportunities are linked to the federal government, global economic situation and also technology. In this portion of the analysis, we have created a table that briefly summarized the opportunities and solutions that Walmart need to take action in order to receive benefits.
• High Stability of Political
• Political Support for Globalization
• Work with government on policies and tax benefits for support of future global expansion.
• Stability of major economies
• Continued growth of developing countries
• Global Strategy Development
• Focusing on business in developing countries in Asia
• Increasing business automation
• Business analytics or big data
• Increasing mobile device usage among customers
• Implementing customer big data analytics
• Improve the accessibility of mobile applications
• Improve the functionality of the website
Walmart is the beneficiary of billions of dollars every year from government subsidies. According to the report from non-partisan, the estimation of collectively profit for Walmart is nearly $7.8 billion dollars per year from government subsidies and tax breaks. Therefore, federal government is definitely an opportunity that Walmart need to work with in order to receive huge benefit from it. Walmart need to analyze the government policies that are related to its business like laws for tax, labor and some other policies that may affect the operation of Walmart. According to the Walmart Ana...
... middle of paper ...
...cked software and business intelligence software from Oracle and HP. Walmart could outsource its IT system to those companies in order to reduce costs and become more decentralized.
Another serious issues for Walmart is that there is a disconnection between Walmart and customer that caused by the defects of information system. As I mentioned before, customers could not find what they expect to buy in the supermarket or on the Walmart.com. The best way to solve the problem is to improving the current existing information system so the potential solutions include implementing customer big data analysis based on online CRM, implementing on Walmart’s mobile application which is more accessible to users, utilizing online social media marketing strategies such as blogs to reinforce the value of its brand online advertising and build Walmart IT’s customer focused agenda.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A marketer doesn’t just have a plan. Marketers have now opened up to a wider strategic plan and it’s based on steps that balance out what the market is offering consumers. These marketers must analyze their production with these steps, then make a portfolio of the growth and even their down falls, therefore this keeps these marketers to continuously innovate and create even a greater amount of value for their customers. Marketing management functions are discussed along with the marketing mix and strategy.... [tags: Marketing, Strategic management, Strategy]
935 words (2.7 pages)
- 1. Strength: a. Walmart is the world’s largest general retailers that operating supermarket, department stores, and grocery stores. I see a strength in it always provides the lower price to its customer every day by its operations. Because of its efficient and effective planning and distribution operations, such as improved logistics system, and introduced new data analysis tools for distribution network efficiency, it can reduce the operating cost to provide customers a lower price. b. Walmart’s vertical integration and acquisition made it takes competitive advantage on suppliers and other competitors.... [tags: Wal-Mart, Pricing, Supermarket, Grocery store]
867 words (2.5 pages)
- 2. S-W-O-T Analysis 2.1 Strengths • Walmart is the largest retailer in the world operating in various formats worldwide (including; discounts stores, supercentres, neighbourhood markets and Sam’s Club), with 3,615 stores today. Leading to consumer awareness and customer loyalties. • In pervious years, Walmart has integrated an e-commerce aspect to their operations. The strength of this aspect is the vast physical advantage when compared with any online retailer. • Due to the convenience and numerous locations of stores, the service of the walmart.com results in an attractiveness to customers, and a way for Walmart to eventually bring more customers to its stores and increase their purchase... [tags: Financial ratios]
1603 words (4.6 pages)
- ... Furthermore, with globalization, global leadership in terms of cultural knowledge needed to become more acute and require more advanced level of cognitive ability on the complexity of managing the demand of multiple cultures while completing managerial tasks (Caligiuri, 2006, Grosse, 2011). Therefore, the development of global management skills is very important for the global organizations and managers. Only effective in developing global management skills can help the organization reduce the risk of international business and the impact of cultural issues, as well as to build up a good communication bridge with the local employees, customers, suppliers or partners.... [tags: business analysis]
2096 words (6 pages)
- Walmart History: Beginning to Today Wal-Mart is a general merchandise discount retailer, which was incorporated in 1962. Wal-Mart’s history is based on one man, Sam Walton, who changed the course of retailing forever. Sam Walton first entered retailing when he was a management trainee at J.C. Penny Co. in 1940 in Des Moines, Iowa. After serving in the Army in World War II, Walton acquired a Ben Franklin variety store franchise with his brother James Walton in Newport Arkansas, until they lost the lease to the store in 1950.... [tags: GCSE Business Marketing Coursework]
3360 words (9.6 pages)
- Best Buy SWOT Analysis Leading the industry in a particular field relies on a strategic approach to marketing by analyzing competitors’ successes, challenges, or failures establish a baseline for success. Analyses of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) allow companies to identify areas of accomplishment or those in need of improvement. As Ferrell and Hartline (2014) assert, a situational analysis must account for current and future situations or the information gathered for the analysis is unsound and useless for strategic planning.... [tags: Marketing, Marketing plan, Strategic management]
1037 words (3 pages)
- Q 6. (a). Within the topic of marketing plans, define and discuss SWOT analysis and their application/significance in building marketing plans. (b). By using data/Websites such as Value Line, S&P NetAdvantage, and Yahoo Finance, analyze one firm from the 2016 Fortune Global 500 list and discuss its SWOT analysis (see Textbook p. 470 & Figure 14.6). In our textbook, SWOT analysis has a role to document all present and possible future influence on performance, negative or positive. (Best, 2013, p 473).... [tags: Marketing, Brand, Strategic management, Wal-Mart]
1245 words (3.6 pages)
- Walmart’s SWOT Analysis and Talent Management Talent management is an organization’s ability to recruit, keep and train talent within their organization (Business Dictionary). Talent management usually gives roles to recruit and retain members (Business Dictionary). Talent management is known to be a business strategy. This is the case because this management is generally enforced to retain or attract top candidates (Heathfield). On the other hand, there is analysis called SWOT. According to Taylor, a SWOT analysis stands for strengths, weaknesses, opportunity, and threats.... [tags: Strategic management, Management]
839 words (2.4 pages)
- A marketer doesn’t just have a plan. Marketers now open up to a wider strategic plan and it’s based on steps that balance out what the market is offering consumers. These marketers must analyze their production with these steps, then make a portfolio of the growth and even their down falls therefore this keeps these marketers to continuously innovate and create even a greater amount of value for their customers. Marketing management functions are discussed along with the marketing mix and strategy.... [tags: Marketing, Strategic management]
932 words (2.7 pages)
- All businesses regardless of the size require some sort of organizational structure function properly. Efficiency may be jeopardized if businesses do not create some form of organizational structure. This applies to any company manufacturing or selling a product implementing company policies and key basic operational functions. If I were to start a business, I would include these key components and department in hopes that my business would be successful. Starting with a business plan which is critical when describing your business’s future.... [tags: Management, Strategic management, Supermarket]
891 words (2.5 pages)
- The Atomic Cafe Was A Film Based On The World
- How Media Does Not Paint A Good Image Of Someone Being Overweight
- Persuasive Speech : Effective Speech, Interpersonal Role Play, And Small Group Presentation
- Abortion, Education, And Accessibility Of Birth Control
- The Attacks On 9 / 11
- Oppression Of Women During The Middle East