Essay PreviewMore ↓
It was a beautiful sunny day in the summer; it was my mother’s birthday. There was a lot of people and food. My mother was turning thirty nine. She works for home health aid agency as a homemaker. Taking care of disable and old seniors at their house or one of the homes that the state provides. Also she’s stylist, doing peoples hair, nails, and waxing.
August 2006, my mom asked me if I wanted to go to a sickek house. I’ve said to her okay. A sickek person is someone that is born with natural, spiritual gift that can read cards, hands and tell your past, present and future. Next day in evening we were driving to that person’s house. When we arrived there was a huge house on my right hand side and a tree in front of it. The house looked hunted that’s being there for decades. When we entered inside the house it was so nice and neat, the decorations were perfectly matched with everything. In the spiritual room was full of statues all around, and there was a lot buckets of flowers and roses, also many candles of different colors. As soon as I entered into the room I felt such a peace and a funny feeling that is unexplainable. After few minutes later a men comes in and introduces him self to us, he started talking to my mom I step outside of the room so she could have her privacy. Half hour later she comes out with a smile in her face and says to me “wow he knows a lot”, then she said is your turn now go in. When I went in he started telling me things that only me and god knew such as struggles in my childhood, emotional feelings that I had towards my father that I didn’t grow up with. He also told me that I was going to a medical school and I was going to be certified as a nurse. At the time I had a job working in a milk company as a clerical assistant, I wasn’t thinking of going to school because I just wanted to work. He kept talking to me and telling that everything in my life was going to change but I just looked at him and said yeah whatever. After the consult I was so comfortable that I felt like I knew him all my life.
How to Cite this Page
"Story of a Foreigner's Education." 123HelpMe.com. 28 Jan 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Inadequate Secondary Education in the United States ‘Tis education forms the common mind; Just as the twig is bent the tree’s inclined. Pope – Moral Essays Two years ago, I used to work at a photo shop in downtown Philadelphia. Except for me, the only foreigner, there were five Americans working there. Once, we talked about the American life in the beginning of the twentieth century. To support my opinion, I used an example from a short story called “The Gift of the Magi” by a famous American writer O.... [tags: Educational Learning School Essays]
923 words (2.6 pages)
- All parents in the world understand well that the children need to be educated in proper way and as soon as possible, especially in childhood and school age. Parents are the first and the most important teachers for children beside the teachers in school. As we known, the behavior and attitude of children in future is a result of education from their parents. I had a friendly talking with some foreigner parents in past, and I have found some main different points of the way to educate the children between the Vietnamese parents and Foreigner parents.... [tags: Learning, Education, High school, Want]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- ... Due to his rootless behavior, the impression gathered by other characters that came in contact with him in which June remarked: “There is something strange about you Something distant. I guess that when people are with you they don’t feel like they are with a human being. May be it is an Indian characteristic but I have a feeling you’d be foreigner anywhere”(5) And Sheila told him sometime after he came to India: “You are still a foreigner, you don’t belong here”(6) Sindi Oberoi leaves an impression on any of the characters with whom he is coming in contact that he is alien.... [tags: indian english novel, suffering of mankind]
1379 words (3.9 pages)
- A Different Foreigner We have talked about the typical foreigner: Someone living in a country other than their own, having a different culture and different beliefs than everyone else around them. But can one be a foreigner in their own country, their own city, or their own town. If one has different beliefs than those of his/her friends and/or family, can we call that person a ‘foreigner’ if they are going through the same things that Julia Kristeva describes in her book. In today’s culture, the same aspects that apply to foreigners, such as loneliness, separation, and the need to fit in, apply to many teenagers, whether they grow up in a town they have lived in all their lives, or if... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1317 words (3.8 pages)
- Michaela (Mica) Martinez EDUC 165 Essay 2 On Discrimination in Schools and its Threat to Minority Students The social structures that are K-12 institutions play a pivotal role in the development of young people in America. Young students who are obligated to attend school arguably attain most of their understanding of the world within this system due to the influence of both their educators and their peers. Unfortunately, this influence has proven to be as bad as it has been good in many cases.... [tags: Education, School, Education in the United States]
1099 words (3.1 pages)
- Innovation – A Step by Step Solution to Improve Education This week the media was full of stories about the outrage regarding the severe cuts California is undergoing in the area of public education funding. California currently ranks 49th out of the 50 states in public school performance K-12. Most people are understandably perplexed about how we will improve school performance and close the achievement gap if we keep cutting the funding. A bit of a chicken and egg dilemma. The failing of our public schools across the US and particularly in urban areas has been a rant of mine for a long time.... [tags: Educationi]
1038 words (3 pages)
- A foreigner’s view of China The Chinese are an extremely clever people and unlike the old USSR, saw that communism failed everywhere it was tried. They therefore changed their economy to a capitalist one, but kept the communist party leadership. Those who think a revolution is in the offing fail to realize that just about every person in China might not love the system they live under, but would fight to the death to defend it. No anti-war protests, they’d lose 500 million and not even blink – and if it ever comes to it, they would.... [tags: Communism, Capitalism, China]
766 words (2.2 pages)
- Magic Realisim in Foreigner, Egyptian Cigarette, and Enchanted Bluff Sarah Orne Jewett's "The Foreigner," Kate Chopin's "An Egyptian Cigarette" and Willa Cather's "The Enchanted Bluff" are all stories that contain Magic Realism Magic Realism is typically defined as a construct of many writers from Third World countries. This style of writing realistic fiction wherein the extraordinary occurs and is not thought of as unusual has been described as a way of breaking away from the constraints of linear time and hierarchical thinking: in other words, as a way of escaping the patriarchal modes of writing that have dominated these often post-colonial countries.... [tags: Comparison Compare Contrast Essays]
1719 words (4.9 pages)
- Deaf Education1 Coping with and Understanding the Deaf Student What is deafness. There are many definitions to the word "deaf." According to Stephen P. Quigley and Peter V. Paul in their book Language and Deafness (1984), "a child is considered deaf if hearing impairment is so great, even with good amplification, that vision becomes the child's main link to the world and main channel of communication." This is a general and relatively vague definition. Other definitions are based on the degree of hearing loss in terms of decibels (dB) ranging from mild to profound hearing loss.... [tags: Teaching Education]
2408 words (6.9 pages)
- Educations Importance An Institution of Thinkers Education is one of the most important things in modern America, but the reasons why learning is so important today is un-clear. Every modern country has a state run education system, which carries children in to there mid to late teens. The systems around the world are all quite similar, focusing on writing, math and reading, with other courses often being a second language and art. Though the systems are alike people from country to country and from town to town differ on the reasons why education is needed.... [tags: Teaching Education]
572 words (1.6 pages)
- Tracing The Development Of Theme In The Way The Crow Flies
- Treasure Island - A Mirror Of Robert Louis Stevenson’s Childhood?
- Trinitarian Symbolism In Tennyson's The Passing of Arthur
- Troilus And Criseyde And The Book Of The Duchess
- Materialism in Society
- Truth, Knowledge And Reconciliation in All the King's Men
In October, I received a letter thru mail from a medical school. Next day I called to talk to a representative to get some information about the courses and hours. The information they gave me was great if I wanted to go to school I could attend at night and the classes will start in December. Following week I went to register to go at night as a medical assistant, it was one year course. One year later I graduated and took a national exam so I could become a national medical assistant. While attending school I started dating the sickek men Duany. We started going out to restaurants, spending more time together, talking a lot more on the phone. He’s a truck driver, works for a big company Regengy Distributors. He’s being working there for 4 years.
March of 2007, we decided to get an apartment together. We moved to a nice small town in New Jersey. The apartment was comfortable, it had two bedrooms, one bathroom, living room, and kitchen. Two weeks later I received a phone call from a medical office for a job opportunity to set up an interview. Everything went fine and I got the position they were offering as a medical assistant. Unfortunally, after eight months of working I found one of the doctors having an affair with another doctor in one of our location. Next day when I went to work my manager “Gloria” tells me I have leaved the office that I wasn’t no longer an employee. I asked her why? What did I do wrong? She said that I was making to many mistakes and I wasn’t doing my job right. I’ve said to her that wasn’t true because I always did my job right and I was on time to work everyday. When I was picking my things up she comes close to me and says “you know what Yesenia I always loved your work, but I can’t do anything when it refers to doctors”. She said Dr. Budd called me this morning at my house and told me to fire you. When I was living at the door I’ve said to her, thank you for the opportunity and I’ll keep it in touch.
Since my fiancé and I move together there were a lot of maps around the house and every time I used to take a look at the map it was open in the same page with directions to Texas. At the beginning of the relationship he told me he’s plans were moving to Texas later on. Three months later he tells me that he wanted to moved to Texas. I’ve said to him “no” because the first thing the came in to my mind was my family. I always live with my mom, and two brothers, and I knew not leaving around them was going to be really hard for me. They are the most important thing in my life.
May of 2008, we were going thru ruff times in life. The economies in our society were going up, such as rent, food, ect. At the time I wasn’t working it was just Duany paycheck paying everything. One night he asked me again to move to Texas to start a new life and I said to him okay. I’ve told him that I wanted to reach my goals in life. I wanted to attend to college and get an associate degree as a register nurse.
On May 31, 2008 we packed our clothes and the important things that were necessary and took our savings started driving to Texas. It was night time, it was raining and foggy you can barely see a thing. We put our mind positive saying that everything was going to be all right. Before leaving the house we checked how long was going to be the trip it was going to be twenty seven hours. On our way driving we stop to take some rest at night but most of the hotels they don’t accept pets and if the accept them you have pay for the animal. First night we went to three different hotels, first one was at comfort suites there were full, second at the holiday inn they didn’t accept pets, Third one was sleep at night there we had to pay $134 in order to bring up our cat with us. That was our routing every day, driving during the day and sleep at night till we have arrived to Texas. We didn’t say anything to nobody till we arrived to North Richland Hills, Texas. We started looking for an apartment and found one right crossed the street from college. Once we got the new apartment I call my mother and told her that I moved out state, she never agreed with it. She started telling me that I was an unravel daughter and that she didn’t want it to talk to me. A month later I called her we had long conversation and she understood that I’m a grown and married women. Also she knew that I moved to Texas for a better life.
Our cost living here in Texas is so much easier. My fiancé now has a new job at J.B. Hunt as a truck driver, he loves it. He’s being working there for four months now. And I’m not working right at this moment but I’m collecting and I’m attending at Tarrant county college as a full time student. Therefore, I’ll set my goals to own a nice house become a register nurse and also have kids to have a happily ever after life with my new family.