Solar energy can be used as an alternative for fossil fuels because it is non-polluting. Solar power does not emit harmful gasses like other sources which release oxygen, nitrogen, and carbon dioxide; therefore, the environment is reduced from the risk. When fossil fuels are burned, they release carbon dioxide, which affects the climate because carbon dioxide may create “greenhouse effect” in the environment, and cause global warming. Therefore, this increases in the weather conditions like hurricanes, but in solar energy there is not any combustions that impact the environment. Moreover, solar energy can produce electricity without fuel, so people can avoid the problems of transportation of fuel. This will not make the air in the environment healthy and clean, but it can reduce further pollution.
In addition, solar energy is produced during the day, and cannot be produced at night since the sun does not rise at night, so people can use it during ...
... middle of paper ...
To sum up, solar energy has so many advantages, which might help the environment from the pollution because solar energy is clean and non-polluting, can be used in remote areas, and many devices can be charged by solar energy. Solar power is useful for the environment because it does not pollute carbon dioxide, and people can use it during the day to recharge their devices. Also, some houses might does not have a power or an electricity, so solar energy can solve this problem by reaching the sunlight to these houses with solar panels. Batteries and calculators are using solar energy to recharge rather than electricity. In the future, solar energy will become more popular than now since to fossil fuel has some effects on the environment. Many people like solar energy because of the advantages, but does solar energy has disadvantages in the environment?
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Solar energy is one of the useful resources, which do not impact on the environment. Today, some consumers use fossil fuel, which is nonrenewable and cause pollution, rather than other sources. Fossil fuel can make the air unhealthy by releasing carbon dioxide; therefore, solar energy is great because it is renewable energy and it is replaced. Solar energy as the same other sources has many uses, some of them can be dangerous especially if consumers use it in a wrong way and some of them can be useful and helpful for the environment; therefore, there are environmental advantages of solar energy.... [tags: Photovoltaics, Solar cell, Fossil fuel]
1008 words (2.9 pages)
- The Alternative Energy Source to Oil Introduction 1.0 “Renewable Energy” is the term used to describe those energy flows that occur naturally and repeatedly in the environment, e.g. from the sun, wind and the oceans, and from plants and the fall of water. It also refers to the energy available from wastes and to the emerging clean technology of fuel cells. There are wide ranges of renewable energy sources/technologies, varying in technical and commercial viability. These include: • Solar Power (Photovoltaic) • Hydro – electric Power • Hydrogen Fuel Cells • Geothermal • Wind Power • Nuclear Power 1.1 The modern drive to harness renewable energy began in t... [tags: Renewable Energy Solar Power Essays]
1922 words (5.5 pages)
- ... At 100 feet (30 meters) or more aboveground, they can take advantage of the faster and less turbulent wind. Turbines catch the wind's energy with their propeller-like blades. Usually, two or three blades are mounted on a shaft to form a rotor. (renewableenergy.com) Wind power has become affordable enough to compete with fossil fuels. Around the world utility services are offering wind-generated electricity at a premium of 2 to 3 cents per kWh. A household that uses wind power for a quarter of its electrical needs, the cost would only be $4 or $5 dollars per month for it and the price is still dropping.... [tags: wind turbines, sources of energy]
630 words (1.8 pages)
- Alternative energy is energy that is generated in ways that do not harm the environment or deplete natural resources, often by avoiding using fossil fuels or nuclear energy. There are many benefits to using alternative energy other than just being better for the environment. It is renewable, which means that the Earth can naturally replenish it and it can be used again, as long as it does not get used faster than it can be replenished. It is also sustainable, which means it can be used without risking the availability of it for future generations.... [tags: Fossil fuel, Energy development, Solar energy]
1066 words (3 pages)
- Alternative energy use is rising in the United States. Oil and gas have been the major sources of electricity for many years and is still used today. Now with advanced technology and new developments there are different ways to produce electricity. A few of the new alternatives to energy is wind, geothermal, and solar. Wind produces energy using a windmill this is compared with the energy produced when pedaling a bike. The geothermal energy is produced by heat produced by the earth. Solar energy has many benefits from saving money, provides electricity during power outages, and it is environmental friendly.... [tags: Photovoltaics, Solar cell, Sun, Solar energy]
1193 words (3.4 pages)
- Solar energy is more environment friendly. This alternative source does not rely on the incineration of carbon substances to produce energy in contrast to the commonly used fossil fuels and therefore, does not aggravate the air and water pollution issues that the world is currently facing. Solar energy also has only a few detrimental effects to society and these can be easily eradicated by modern technology and strict regulation. During the energy production process, solar factories release toxic chemicals; however, these chemicals do not pose a threat because there are already solutions that can remedy this situation.... [tags: alternative sources of energy]
647 words (1.8 pages)
- What are the Environmental Advantages of Solar Energy. Solar energy is one of the useful resources, which do not impact on the environment. Today, most people use fossil fuel, which is nonrenewable and cause pollution, rather than other sources. Also, fossil fuel can make the air unhealthy by releasing carbon dioxide; therefore, solar energy is great because it is renewable energy and it is replaced. Solar energy has many uses some of them can be dangerous and some of them can be useful and helpful for the environment; therefore, there are environmental advantages of solar energy.... [tags: Photovoltaics, Solar cell, Fossil fuel]
988 words (2.8 pages)
- ... Here in lies a paradox, in the current process, these chemicals have a chance of tainting the drinking water that is being produced. The reason that could happen is because the chemicals are being churned so rapidly which creates a rise in fluid levels. With high fluid levels, these toxic chemicals can easily seep out of the pump and spill out into the surrounding area. No one would want their family or friends’ drinking water that contains high amounts of traces of lethal chemicals that can kill if enough is consumed.... [tags: hydraulic pumps, solar power]
979 words (2.8 pages)
- Alternative Energy Sources “In United States around half of million deaths each year are attributed to air pollution. It is estimated that air pollution each day kills three people in the city of Hong Kong. Air pollution also contributes to soil and water pollution. More than 15,000 people in the world die each day because of water pollution” (pollutionfacts.com). With these statistics, it is no wonder people are coming up with alternative energy sources. From energy to gasoline, there are many different ways to reduce these statistics.... [tags: Energy ]
902 words (2.6 pages)
- Every day, many fossil fuel consuming contraptions spew out gases that pollute the environment. However, when the fuel supplies for these devices run out, they will grind to a halt. To prevent this, the United States needs to find an alternative to unstable and polluting energy sources before it’s too late (Rouge). It also needs to advance in technological status in order to stay above advancing third-world countries, and retain its current level of hegemony (Glaser). Space Based Solar Power Satellites, which are satellites that collect the sun’s energy and beam it down to the Earth, solve for all these concerns (Rouge).... [tags: Energy]
1311 words (3.7 pages)