... middle of paper ...
...ted sins, he or she will be cleansed of them, and only then will they be enter heaven. This is one of the very few beliefs between Islam and Christianity which might not be so different. Most of the time, even the similarities contain differences.
In conclusion, a comparison can be made between any two or more religions. With Islam and Christianity, however, it is possible to make a comparison that can illustrate similarities and differences in many different ways. For example, even in some of the similar practices, there might be differences. Even in those differences, though, similarities such as the purpose and belief behind them may still remain. Sometimes it remains to be either similar or different. This situation does not occur between many religions and the reason why it occurs between Islam and Christianity is because of the Abrahamic roots they both share.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Although Islam and Christianity are two different religions they have many things in common and the differences they do have are also similar. Both religions believe that there is one god in the universe and they also each have similar prophets that they believe in. Muslims believe in their god referred to as Allah and one prophet that they as a religion believe in named Mohammad while Christians believe in their god that they refer to as God and prophets such as John the Baptist along with other prophets that the Islam faith, along with others, believe in as well.... [tags: Christianity, Islam, Religion, God]
870 words (2.5 pages)
- Essay 2 Christianity and Islam are most dominant religions worldwide. Statistics show that thirty-three percent of the population is Christian and twenty-one percent is Muslim. Thought they share many similarities in origin and mirrored images in their sacred texts, the two beliefs hold several key differences. Both Christianity and Islam mirror Judaism. From Judaism, Christianity and Islam took hold of the concepts of monotheism, prophecy, resurrection, and a belief in the existence of heaven and hell.... [tags: Islam, Christianity, Qur'an, Jesus]
1399 words (4 pages)
- In earlier lessons, it was perceived that religions sided towards worshiping numerous gods which is known as polytheism. However, Judaism began to rise, which believed in one mighty God and from it Christianity and Islam originated. Due to these three religions being monotheistic and developed from Judaism, they possess an excessive amount of similarities, yet on account of them being different religions there are also major differences between them. For example, “as opposed to Jewish faith, which was founded on a common ethnic identity, Islam opened its arms to any and all comers – a feature it shared with Christianity” (Sayre 295).... [tags: Judaism, Christianity, Religion, Islam]
1304 words (3.7 pages)
- In earlier lessons, it was seen that religions sided towards worshiping many gods which is known as polytheistic, however, Judaism began to rise which believed in one mighty God and from it Christianity and Islam originated. Due to these three religions being monotheistic and developed from Judaism, they possess many similarities, yet since they are different religions there are also major differences between them. For example, “as opposed to Jewish faith, which was founded on a common ethnic identity, Islam opened its arms to any and all comers – a feature it shared with Christianity” (Sayre 295).... [tags: Judaism, Christianity, Religion, Islam]
1281 words (3.7 pages)
- Islam and Christianity are two of the largest religions that are practiced in the world. They are characterized by their beliefs and practices. These doctrines both have similarities that interlock, and differences that separate them. Learning about these faiths from a historical perspective allows people and myself to be knowledgeable of these religions, and its modern day members. It allows me to evaluate my shallow view of certain religions and interact without misinformed prejudice.... [tags: Christianity, Jesus, Islam, Bible]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- Christianity and Islam are two religions that grew from the same central idea of one divine being; they also originate from Jerusalem. However, the two religions bear great disparity but they also hold a few similarities. Both Islam and Christianity believe in Abraham as the forefather of both religions; they believe Him to be the founder of the two religions. The two religions have a holy book; Islam uses the Quran while Christians use the bible. Even though the two books do not bear the same teachings they are considered sacred in both religions.... [tags: religious beliefs and practices]
739 words (2.1 pages)
- Echoing off what popular historian Michael Grant once said, Christianity and Islam are, “one of the few revolutions in the world’s history that have lasted” (Nardo, 1999, p. 12).Christianity and Islam are currently the world’s two largest religions. At first glance, Islam and Christianity appear to be very different. However, these two religious movements share similar origin, concepts and values. It is important to note now that Christianity and Islam share similarities mostly because they were both technically derived from Judaism.... [tags: Christianity, Jesus, Muhammad, Islam]
1373 words (3.9 pages)
- Islam and Christianity are two major world religions, which have several significant differences, however, there are also many key similarities which allow the two religions to meet on common ground and develop interfaith cooperation. These similarities are in the doctrines and rituals, and their important roles in the settlement of Australia. Catholicism and Islam are also facing many current issues today. These include stereotyping, living between two worlds and a decline in followers. A better understanding of Islam will make it easier to move beyond the stereotypes, helping Australia to become a more culturally diverse society.... [tags: Islam, Christianity, Jesus, Muhammad]
1343 words (3.8 pages)
- Christianity and Islam are two religions that have things in common and also have differences. Every religion has their own way of doing things and believing in what they believe in. Each one has the right to live the way they want to, thinking what they want to think happened. There was a lot of information about these two specific religions in the readings, that were provided. There are plenty of differences, but surprisingly there were a lot of common interests as well. When thinking of different religions, it is expected that they are all different and have totally different beliefs, but not in the case.... [tags: Islam, Christianity, Muhammad, Religion]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- West Africa represent rich platform for numerous indigenous religion across multiples territories and populations for many centuries. However, the influx of popular and organized religions such as Christianity and Islam had modified the overall concept of African primitive spiritually and the interpretation of religion. Even though major religions like Islam and indigenous African religion differs in beliefs system, religions like Odinani of the Igbo people, Dogon and the Maguzawa all have similarities that can be traced back to Islam.... [tags: Religion, Islam, Christianity]
1447 words (4.1 pages)