The topic I found most interesting to research is about Christianity and Satanism. I may sound bias because I grew up going to church and praying to God. I would go to church every Sunday with my family, we would do rosaries on special days and we would attend some of the events at church. My mom used to read in the alter and my dad used to be part of the choir. Now that I have grown I began to question things. Growth gave me the ability to make my own decisions. I started asking myself about the existence of God or how God created everything and how science is believed to be false every time it contradicts the bible.
My job is not to rip you away from your beliefs. You believe in what you want to believe in. Do not let anyone take that away from you. My job is to get people to look at things in another’s perspective. I am choosing to compare and contrast Christianity and all its forms with Satanism. Is Christianity really all that good? Is Satanism really all that bad? Why do we even still have religion? How does religion affect people’s choices and thoughts? Let’s imagine a world where family and region doesn’t affect your choice in religion or let’s imagine a world without religion. How would the world be? Will it be better or worse?
Fighting over religion will never resolve anything. There is no right answer but the answer you choose to believe in and this answer only applies to you and yourself only. Every single person has their own beliefs and people that don’t agree should respect that person’s beliefs. I hate seeing people on social media making fun of a religion or a group of people showing up at my doorstep telling me that I need to believe in God or else I am going to hell. I don not want to hear anything ab...
... middle of paper ...
...ll rights the Constitution provides. A woman has destroyed a display of an angel falling into the pits of hell in Florida because she thought it was “not right.” This woman wa a Catholic. People were not mainly upset on the fact that his women vandalized a display but the process people had to go through just to get access to having the display. "The state can 't give itself the authority to decide whether certain religious messages are 'offensive ' — it needs to allow everyone 's speech or no one 's speech.” (Christian post).
Although people are protected by the constitution, they are not receiving the rights they deserve. People need to be set more aware that people should not be looked down on based on religion. Religion makes people into who they are and they should be shown deference. We have to learn to live together and acknowledge that we are not the same.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... The position of Jesus in Christianity, however, is different from that of the one he holds in Islam. An example is that of prophecy. As much as both religions believe in the messengers of God, some are given more importance than others. In Christianity, Jesus is believed to be the son of God, and therefore given more importance than Moses, but in Islam, Jesus is simply another prophet. An important prophet, yes, but not one that was loved more by Allah than Muhammad. In Christianity, it is also believed that Jesus is the light or the way which leads people to the right path.... [tags: belief, teachings, rituals, practices, word]
1238 words (3.5 pages)
- Christianity and Islam are two religions that grew from the same central idea of one divine being; they also originate from Jerusalem. However, the two religions bear great disparity but they also hold a few similarities. Both Islam and Christianity believe in Abraham as the forefather of both religions; they believe Him to be the founder of the two religions. The two religions have a holy book; Islam uses the Quran while Christians use the bible. Even though the two books do not bear the same teachings they are considered sacred in both religions.... [tags: religious beliefs and practices]
739 words (2.1 pages)
- This essay will take different excerpts from the narrative and compare the differences and similarities of Thompson’s Christianity and the natives religion. This essay will compare the creation stories of the two religions as well as the guardians and finally ending with the belief of afterlife. Although the religions are quite different, they are much more alike than one might expect. This narrative includes thompson’s first hand experiences with the Natives so there could be some bias toward his Christian views..... [tags: God, Christianity, Religion, Judaism]
1469 words (4.2 pages)
- “It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world. If we are to respect others’ religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world’s religions is a sacred duty” - Mohandas K. Gandhi While Christianity and Islam are two of the largest religions in the world, and as a result they are the most controversial. When the reader finishes here they will know the differences and similarities between the religion and the sacred texts.... [tags: religions, text, sacred, fight]
778 words (2.2 pages)
- Christianity and Islam Religions are what man or woman makes out of them. The difference between religions and faith are how people perceive it. For instance, religion is defined as a conviction. Anybody can have religion, but it takes faith to establish the religion. Furthermore, some religions started in the 19th century and were closely related to the older religions, such as Buddhism and Hinduism (Fisher). While some people believe in different and numerous gods, many believe in God, such as Christianity and Islam.... [tags: monotheistic religions, similarities, differences]
1787 words (5.1 pages)
- Echoing off what popular historian Michael Grant once said, Christianity and Islam are, “one of the few revolutions in the world’s history that have lasted” (Nardo, 1999, p. 12).Christianity and Islam are currently the world’s two largest religions. At first glance, Islam and Christianity appear to be very different. However, these two religious movements share similar origin, concepts and values. It is important to note now that Christianity and Islam share similarities mostly because they were both technically derived from Judaism.... [tags: Christianity, Jesus, Muhammad, Islam]
1373 words (3.9 pages)
- Christianity and Buddhism, two of the world’s largest religions, each have primary figures perhaps as big as the religions themselves. Jesus Christ, the primary figure in Catholicism, and Gautama Buddha, the founder and key figure of Buddhism, share many similarities as symbols of their respective religions, but generally have stark differences in their roles for each institution. Followed by billions across the world, the teachings of Jesus and Buddha have a profound global impact, even thousands of years after their lives on earth.... [tags: Christianity, Jesus, Trinity, Buddhism]
1036 words (3 pages)
- Christianity expanded throughout the western world at the end of the Roman empire appealing to slaves, the poor, and women. A man born named Jesus Christ from Jerusalem, Israel, preached the word of God gains followers which threatened the Roman Empire. This led him to be crucified under the local government. After his death, Paul, an apostle, set the foundation of the Church, which would influence the western world greatly throughout history. Another prophet named Muhammad also gained followers through his visions of God in the East.... [tags: Christianity, God, Jesus, Bible]
1708 words (4.9 pages)
- Islam and Christianity are two major world religions, which have several significant differences, however, there are also many key similarities which allow the two religions to meet on common ground and develop interfaith cooperation. These similarities are in the doctrines and rituals, and their important roles in the settlement of Australia. Catholicism and Islam are also facing many current issues today. These include stereotyping, living between two worlds and a decline in followers. A better understanding of Islam will make it easier to move beyond the stereotypes, helping Australia to become a more culturally diverse society.... [tags: Islam, Christianity, Jesus, Muhammad]
1343 words (3.8 pages)
- SATANISM When people think of Satanism or anything to do with that subject, they think of evil. People who sacrifice animals, do all sorts of drugs, murderers etc. But Satanism is completely different from what people may perceive it as. Satanism is actually a religion based on finding yourself and following a moral code other than the one society has made. Satanism goes back to ancient times before the birth of Jesus Christ any of the Gods that people worship today. The religion is spreading and is gaining popularity, not just as devil worshippers, but also as a religion.... [tags: essays research papers]
507 words (1.4 pages)