Has a member of a family would you like to lose your relative because someone was texting? Would you like to be hit by another car just because the driver was distracted talking to someone on the phone? Has a citizen would you like people dying in the country due to others using their phone? I suppose not. This cause can be avoided by approving everywhere a law which stops using the phones while driving. The opponent of this law will argue that accidents happened because of reasons, such as alcohol and drugs. Furthermore, more than five million people use their phones without having accidents. Although it is true, I believe that cell phones while driving should be banned for the following reasons.
One of the primary cause of accidents on the road is the distraction, which can be caused by texting while driving. “In Pennsylvania, more than 13,7900 crashes were caused because the drivers were distracted texting and driving” (...) at the same time. Despite the protest of some citizens that were for the use of cell phones while driving, this state incorporated a law that prohibited driver to use their cell phones when they are driving. Years later, it was proved that the number of accidents on the road decreased. Drivers distracted using their phones does not just put others in danger, but it further put these drivers ' life at risk too.
The distraction caused by driving and using cell phones at the same time was not the only reason why the law mentioned above was incorporated. Speeding is another reason why this law was be enacted in States like New York, Pennsylvania, etc. Police officers had noticed ...
... middle of paper ...
...hones were never the cause of tragedies.
In conclusion, people have different opinions about if there should be a law restricting drivers from using their cell phones while driving. In my opinion, this law should take place in order to prevent accidents caused by distracted drivers; drivers emerged in emotions caused by news received; and drivers who speed because they were more concentrated using their phones. People who disagree argue that these arguments are not strong enough because other factors can also cause accidents on the roads. Such as looking something outside the car while driving. I acknowledge that nowadays people have relevant information on their phones. Hence, being without their phones make them feel desperate. However, would you not like to have a law that eludes you a tragedy because you were driving using your phone?
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Cell Phones While Driving People are distracted enough as it is without have their cell phones attached to their ears while driving. The topic of using a cell phone while driving has been debated for many years, because there are two types of people with two different opinions. On one hand people have things that require their attention at all times, and on the other people cannot give their full attention to the road and fellow motorists if they are using their cell phone while driving. First of all, there are times when a person is driving and an important matter may require their attention.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Automobile, Police]
1175 words (3.4 pages)
- Using a cell phone behind the wheel of a vehicle can be one of the most common distractions while driving. If you choose to use a cell phone and drive, you are not only risking your life, but also the lives of those around you. According to statistics, 13% of drivers from the ages of 18-20 admitted to using their cell phones at the time of a car accident (Texting and Driving Statistics). Many believe they can safely use a cell phone while driving. If one looked at the different statistics involving drivers using their cell phones it can be seen that this is untrue, and these drivers are putting the lives of others in danger.... [tags: using cell phones while driving]
1343 words (3.8 pages)
- Cell phones have become a huge part of modern life.. Cell phones play a large role in our society from keeping track of the kids to calling for help in emergencies. As the popularity of cell phones increase, concerns over hazards and car accidents they cause has increased also. A law should be passed stating that all cell phone use be illegal while driving. Talking on a cell phone while trying to drive a car puts the driver, other drivers, and pedestrians in danger. The risk of a passenger, another driver, or a pedestrian being killed by a driver using a cell phone is 1.5 in a million per year.... [tags: Law Legal Cellular Telephone]
627 words (1.8 pages)
- Experts predict deaths by cell phone use will grow four percent each year. Nearly every person in our country has a mobile phone and almost everybody uses it. Not everyone knows not only how they work, but the negative effects itself has. Also, some people do not know everything about the technical details and they were not told about them. On top of that, according to the Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association, as of 2010, there was more than 303 million subscribers to cell phone services.... [tags: Mobile phone, Mobile phone radiation and health]
1206 words (3.4 pages)
- Distracted Driving: One Text Or Call Could Wreck It All There is a high percentage of people that spend a majority of their day sitting behind the wheel of a vehicle. Whether it is commuting to work, taking the kids to school, running errands, or simply going out to eat one may feel that their car has become a second home. With so much time spent behind the wheel, drivers become comfortable and incorporate distracting activities while trying to remain focused on the road. Our inability to put our cell phones away while driving is inexcusable.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Cellular network]
2024 words (5.8 pages)
- Each day in the US, over 8 people are killed and 1,161 injured in crashes that are reported to involve a distracted driver (National Center for Statistics and Analysis, 2015). As the world becomes more connected electronically; visual, manual, as well as cognitive distractions can endanger a driver and others. Texting while driving is especially dangerous because it combines all three types of distractions (US Department of Transportation National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 2014). While most of the texting while driving decreases as Americans grow older, literature on the subject suggests that there are substantive differences in the reason and behaviors of those who use mobile d... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, United States]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- Abstract Today schools are changing to integrate the 21st century. Therefore, it is imperative that educational administrators are aware of the legal framework facing the issues in schools. There are many issues the administrators will face and they must know the constitutional rights of individuals and the school. The Constitution contains the laws of the United States. Discovering the Relationship between the Law and Your School There are no references to education in the Constitution, but it does speak of the operation and management of the schools and the protection of the students’, faculty’s, and staff’s individual rights.... [tags: public school, private school, Education]
923 words (2.6 pages)
- ... In addition, technology in cars is also being built to address the issue of texting and driving behind the wheel. There are apps being made for today’s modern phones preventing the use of phones behind the wheel. The “Teen Safer” app can detect that a phone is in a moving car, and thus blocks non-emergency calls, routes incoming calls to voicemail and stores incoming texts. Another useful technology is the “Key2SafeDriving Key”, it includes a sensor such as a signal jamming key that prevents mobile phone reception when the ignition is engaged.... [tags: driving while using smartphones]
1248 words (3.6 pages)
- Many places in society are setting policies on digital device. The principal at my school has also set policies on banning cell phones in school. Students should not be permitted to use cell phones in school. Using cell phones during school allows students to cheat. Students will be more distracted by cell phones and pay less attention to the teacher and to the lesson. Students have a higher chance of getting in trouble if they use cell phones in school rather than if they are not allowed to use digital devices in school.... [tags: Banning Cell Phones, Schools, cell phones, ]
516 words (1.5 pages)
- Author; Matt Sundeen Wireless telecommunication technologies are rapidly becoming a significant concern in regard to highway safety. Almost 90 million people subscribe to wireless telephone services, and 85 percent of those subscribers use their phones while driving to conduct business, report emergencies, stay in touch with loved ones, call for assistance, and report aggressive or drunk drivers. It's not just phones on the road anymore. In 1999, two major auto manufacturers -General Motors and Ford- formed agreements with telecommunications companies that will enhance wireless features in even more vehicles.... [tags: Cell Phones]
1407 words (4 pages)