Industrial and technological mechanics are used to power the world. In order to do this, fossil fuels have been the sole source for most of these mechanics-such as buildings, vehicles, electricity, etc. However, as mankind progresses in these advances, the demand of power sources increases with each given year, thus the world’s fossil fuel reserves are depleted at an alarming rate. In addition, the continuous use of these non-renewable resources results in deadly implications. Although fossil fuels are a suitable source of energy, renewable resources are essentially a better form of energy because it is renewable, it is eco-friendly, and it brings economic benefits.
Fossil fuels have been used as a source of energy since the 19th century, in forms of coal. However as technology progressed so did the form of fossil fuels. In the 20th century, mankind started to implement natural gas and petroleum into daily lives to power auto mobiles, produce electricity, and heat homes. Despite alternative energy sources, Fossil fuels are still the primary source to power the energy grid. Fossil Fuels are in fact incredible in regards to a power source. For instance, it is extremely low on cost; obtaining fossil fuels in a refined form is a lot cheaper in comparison to other energy sources such as solar power and wind energy. In addition, fossil fuels are easily accessible. Due to the improvements and technological advancements in extraction procedures, oil companies find it easier to extract fossil fuels. Take into consideration the huge oil exploration boom in South Texas (otherwise known as the Eagle Ford Gas Exploration). Previously, the State of Texas was aware that there was reserves of oil...
... middle of paper ...
...tudy done on job gains as a result of investments in green energy has predicted that “roughly 2.5 million new jobs will be created overall by spending $150 billion on clean-energy investments [thus reducing] the unemployment rate in today’s economy by about one full percentage point, to 8.4 percent from current 9.4-percent levels” (Robert Pollin J. H.-P., 2009).
In essence, as mankind progresses in advancements, the need of a dependable energy source becomes very important. Fossil fuels have been proven to be an adequate and reliable source of energy. However the continuous use of fossil fuels results in the depletion the resource and the derogation of the environment. Thus, the question arises: Should individuals invest in renewable resources? Absolutely because this source of energy it is renewable, it is eco-friendly, and it brings economic benefits.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Cover Letter Dear, Mrs. Tannehill The experience I had writing my enviromental paper was a good one. I learned a lot about solar energy and solar panels how much of a positive it can be for our world as a whole. At the beginning of the paper I picked the solar panel idea because I did not know much about them, but I have seen ads on how beneficial they are. The most interesting part of the paper was finding that solar energy is actually cheaper than the energy we use. The initial cost of solar panels scare people away but it was interesting to find that over time and monthly they actually save you a significant amount of money.... [tags: Renewable energy, Fossil fuel, Photovoltaics]
1480 words (4.2 pages)
- In chapter thirteen of our book, Environment by Raven and Berg, it shows us just how important renewable energy sources are. Currently the United States of America thrives on the use of fossil fuels and nuclear power. The main problems with these types of fuel are that they are both limited and can be extremely harmful to our environment. They cause global warming, air pollution, acid rain, and oil spills (Environment), and not only that, but in the grand scheme of things, these sources really aren’t even that cheap of a fuel source.... [tags: Renewable Energy, ]
697 words (2 pages)
- Our country is currently suffering energy-wise, we have been powering with inefficient sources for years now and the harm that it is doing to the country has started to become apparent. Renewable energy is the only way to stop, or at the very least set back the inevitable downfall of our ecosystem. I think that the next big breakthrough for renewable energy is implementing off-grid communities that use renewable sources as their main sources of power, so that we can potentially escape the energy rut that we got ourselves stuck in.... [tags: Renewable energy, Wind power]
1403 words (4 pages)
- Most of the energy sources used today are not renewable and are therefore not sustainable in the long term. Also, the method of burning fossil fuels is harmful to the environment due to the release of carbon emissions which leads to detrimental climate change. Finding an efficient and renewable source of energy to eventually replace fossil fuels is necessary in order to reduce the contribution to the buildup of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, which has many implications on the biosphere. Some of the promising alternatives to non-renewable energy sources are biofuels.... [tags: Photosynthesis, Carbon dioxide, Renewable energy]
1830 words (5.2 pages)
- When I grow up I’ll be black, a decedent from those who built America, but where punished with the strap. A hard earned pride comes with that. Shut up kid. Wonderful. Black. Let me tell you the facts. Oh…look it’s the neighborhood druggie Crackhead Carl; stumbling down the street with his crackhead snarl. You were gonna tell me, how wonderful it is to be black when I’m older. Wonderful. That’s a crock. I hate my life and I smell like Satan’s cock. Wake up kid. Take it from me, And old mutha fuckin G, Growing up Black this is what you’re gonna see. Let’s start with school, that would be best, Where else should you develop your inferiority complex.... [tags: White people, Black people, Profanity, Race]
1866 words (5.3 pages)
- ... Why would they spend the money obtain and transporting fossil fuels when they could produce safe, simple, and renewable energy. It is obvious that the U.S. should be spending more money towards the use of alternative energies. All the pollution currently be released into the atmosphere could be prevented by switching to the alternative energies listed above. This has been looked at by experts and they believe it has the capability to be reached by 2040 if the U.S. government and the people of the U.S.... [tags: solar, wind, geothermal, biofuels, hydogen]
688 words (2 pages)
- "In 2015, the average annual electricity consumption for an U.S. residential utility customer was 10,812 kilowatt-hours (kWh)." Based on the population of the united states verse other countries in the world, we use a vast amount of energy per person. As the population grows we need more energy such as renewable and nonrenewable energy. What is renewable and non-renewable energy. Renewable energy includes: solar, wind, geothermal, bioenergy, hydropower, ocean energy, hydrogen/fuel cells, and green power.... [tags: Wind power, Renewable energy, Coal, Fossil fuel]
1715 words (4.9 pages)
- The United States currently relies on coal, oil, and natural gas to run our everyday lives. These different types of fossil fuels are nonrenewable and will eventually dwindle over time, becoming too expensive or too environmentally damaging to retrieve (Renewable Energy World.com, 2015). Different types of renewable energies are being discovered to better our world today. These renewable energies are also called green energy, and come from natural sources such as sunlight, wind, tides, and plants (Stephanie Rogers, 2012).... [tags: Renewable energy, Wind power, Fossil fuel, Energy]
1397 words (4 pages)
- Renewable resources between the good and the bad When we turn on a light, or when we cook, or when we drive our cars we are using energy, but have we ever thought from where this energy comes from?. Energy is the primary force in the universe, all life forms, from a single-celled microbe to elephants, exists in a continuous cycle of energy consumption. Humans work in the same way as other species. Human communities’ uses energy to survive, some of this energy can only be obtained for period of time before it is completely depleted.... [tags: renewable energy, non-renewable energy, power]
1963 words (5.6 pages)
- With a growing population around the world, the need for more energy increases as well. We are accustomed to using fossil fuels as our central source of energy for everyday exploiting. Fossil fuels are a natural matter that is found in the ground of the Earth that is formed in a previous time period millions of years ago and are nonrenewable. Fossil fuels are burned in order to fabricate energy. When nonrenewable resources have been used, they cannot restock themselves or be used again. Renewable energy is a supply of energy that can be used as many times necessary and does not necessitate a compound made from the Earth.... [tags: renewable energy,]
1608 words (4.6 pages)