“Duncan, let me introduce you to my sister Adaira.”
Adaira raised her head to face the man as he turned towards her and she looked into his deep sapphire-blue eyes. The same eyes which had haunted her dreams since her nightclub hookup.
“Holy hell, Morgan what are you doing here?” Said Adaira.
“Weel, I’m surprised to see ye too Dare. I’m here to meet mah brothers soon to be sister-in-law which appears to be ye.”
“Ye two know each other!” Kendrick said with a look of puzzlement written across his face.
“Aye, we met at a nightclub in Los Angeles while Torin and I were on holiday. I had no way of knowing she’s related to yer Aileana. Her friends introduced her as Dare, and we never got around to exchanging proper names. Yer are aware how noisy clubs are and how easy it is to get distracted with other matters. Consequently, the time just vanished into morning without a trace,” said Duncan with a wicked grin plastered on his smug face.
Adaira wished she could reach over and wipe that stupid ass grin off his face. It didn’t matter if it was a devilishly handsome face that given her plenty of sleepless nights since their encounter. It’s a lot easier to rationalize a one-night stand when the person’s not standing around chatting with your family, looking l...
... middle of paper ...
...atch. Ye know Gordon Ramsey is Scottish.”
“I didn’t picture you as someone who would cook, not that I didn’t think you could.”
“I like to eat, and I live alone when I not working. So I taught myself.”
“Look over there in the surf, see there is a raft of seals.” She pointed to a group near the quartzite pillars. They seem to enjoy the area near the rocks, I’ve noticed them swimming there quite often. No wonder Seanmhair always had tales of Selkies when I was younger, she has a rather active imagination with and a flair for storytelling besides, a perfect view of the seals local hangout. She kept my sister and I entertained every night before bed. I always wanted my own Selkie for a playmate, but with age come reality and of course it never happened.” She smiled and watched the seals graceful maneuvers in the water as they continue their play and mock battles.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Natalie wakes up to a blaring alarm which alerts that another terrible first day of school has begun. "Nat come down for breakfast. I wouldn't want you late to your first day of high school," her mother Nicole said from the kitchen sipping on an orange bliss smoothie. "Mom I'm up and besides I don't think my first day of freshman year is really as important as your making it sound. I already know how the days events are going I'm the lucky 13th which in our long line of history remember I can tell the future." Nat says with a sort of teasing smile her mother can't see from the kitchen.... [tags: Chanting, Demons]
518 words (1.5 pages)
- I start to jack off Todd when Diggie slaps my ass again I moan out. It stings but it also feels so damn good. He separates my cheeks and then dives his tongue into my hole. I let out a loud high moan as he invades my hole with his tongue. He immediately pushes his tongue into my ass making me moan. I try to move my ass away from his tongue but he grabs onto it and doesn’t let me move. He slaps my ass again making me moan and whimper again. “Keep sucking!” Todd moans and shoves his dick back into my mouth.... [tags: Fuck, Profanity, Debut albums, 2006 singles]
1738 words (5 pages)
- ... All of you should know that love’s enemy is hatred. When love gives so many benefits, hatred gives bad results. One of the different results is love makes peace while hatred can cause a war. All people should know the fact that hating other people is bad, but why many people still hate each other. To love others is not a piece of cake, before humans can love others they need to love themselves, and before they can love themselves rightly they should love God (Matthew 22:37-39). Therefore, the key of loving others is by loving God wholly.... [tags: glorigying God, Jean Valjean]
1219 words (3.5 pages)
- Not long after this, I remember I was hanging out with some friends and as I was getting ready to leave someone asked me, “Where are you going?” Before I could answer, one of my friends who knew about the married girl, said, “To Hell, if he does not change his ways!” We all just laughed, but that actually hit me pretty hard, because in my mind, I knew he was right. I mean I had walked down the aisle a couple times as a kid and asked Jesus to come into my heart, but I had never let him in. I never repented of my sins.... [tags: Christianity, Jesus, Repentance, Holy Spirit]
1117 words (3.2 pages)
- The short story novelist, Kate Chopin, enlightens her readers about the reality of many married women during the 1800s. Chopin 's story revolves around Mrs.Mallard who drastically loses her husband in an accident. Throughout the story, Chopin expresses the various emotional changes that her character Mrs.Mallard undergoes. Initially a humble housewife, Mrs. Mallard evolves into a confident women when exposed to freedom. Kate Chopin launches her short story by introducing the main character, Mrs.... [tags: Marriage, Short story, Husband, Wife]
1180 words (3.4 pages)
- Short Stories What is a short story. A short story is a fictional piece of writing that can range from 1,000 to 20,000 words. Unlike a novel, he reader should be able to read a short story within a short amount of time. Because the length of a short story is shorter than a novel, it usually has one main character (minor characters can be added in limited amounts) and focuses on one plot, setting, and central theme. Why do we write short stories. The answer is simple, they’re practice. Almost all of the best writers started out writing short stories.... [tags: Short story, Fiction, Character, Essay]
1087 words (3.1 pages)
- Short Story Re Do writing quiz Theme and stereotype Thesis statement The short story the Test and the frill both deal with the theme of how by human human being have predictive and stereotype other individuals and groups that is based on ignorance and limited educational experience . The driving instructor in the short story the Test is a stereotype of typical old fashioned Archie Bunker who is stubborn in his old fashioned views on race and sex . who has a old fashioned attitudes . The driving instructor is a stereotype of a white man who believes that whites are more educated and knowledgeable than African Americans .... [tags: Short story, Fiction, Human, Guy de Maupassant]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- Critical Analysis of Short Story “A &P” In the short story “A & P” by John Updike, the main character Sammy shows a sense of growth from the story’s opening to its conclusion. This certain change in him started taking place after the visit from the three girls, where he starts to ponder the future of his life. Sammy develops as a more prominent character both by the voice and the mood of the story, suggesting his vast change from rather flat to someone with more personal features and attributes.... [tags: Short story, John Updike, John Cheever]
1269 words (3.6 pages)
- In the short story “Girl” by Jamaica Kincaid is a story that everyone can related to. The story is about a mother telling her daughter what to do, what not to do and how to do things. Kind of like society or parents or a friends of what to do. There has also been always been expectations of what to do and how to do things in life regards of gender, nationality or religion. The male has he’s duties and the female has different duties. However, in the typical society today, a person is supposed to graduate from high school and go straight in to an Ivy League university, to get a degree in a field of study that makes lot of money.... [tags: Short story, Tell, Family, Marriage]
1060 words (3 pages)
- Synopsis On an afternoon, in the quarters of the sakadas, Mang Sixto is playing a guitar with the chords of an emotional song, "Walay Angay", while her daughter, is playing outside the quarters. They were indifferent of each other for a while, but there is a sudden change in the mood of the two. The daughter of Mang Sixto finally notices the chords that her father was playing and along with the music is her father's very emotional presence. They were then engaged in a sudden conversation. The daughter interrogated her father of the about the sad song he was playing along with his guitars.... [tags: Short Story]
1037 words (3 pages)
- The Discrimination Of Black People By Harper Lee
- Steganography Analysis : Steganography And Cryptography
- Influence Of Culture During High School
- How Stress Affects People Physically And Psychologically
- Tobacco Companies Regulate The Dietary Decisions Of Citizens
- Japanese History : Japanese Education, Nationalism, And Ienaga Saburo 's Textbook Lawsuits