The message in the Scent to Bed advertisement simply combined sexual imagery and text into one ad...
... middle of paper ...
...With the Scent to Bed advertisement, French Connection is able to do just that. From this, it is easy to conclude that sex sells and has the most influential effect in teen generations. Additionally, the use of the color white for the text accentuates the advertisement’s naughty image. The models themselves are dressed in a more revealing way, and look a specific way to draw in the young readers. Even the way the models are positioned in relaxed positioned in the photograph reveals hidden and subtle meaning to the advertisement leaving the interpretation of the ad for the reader. In that sense, the allure of sex and of an attractive member of the opposite sex allows the Scent to Bed advertisement to capture the interest of the reader and motivate them to run to the mall, buy a bottle of FCUK Him or FCUK her, and ultimately go home and get “scent” or sent to bed.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Everyday, people are exposed to countless advertisements, whether people see these advertisements on a billboard, a commercial, a magazine, or a pop-up on a computer; advertisements surround modern day society. Because advertisements are found almost everywhere, they are a technique to show people how to live a ‘normal life’, they tell people what their beliefs and attitude should be focused on. People learn subconsciously that if they own a certain product then they will be viewed the same way as the person that was used in the advertisement.... [tags: Advertisement, Commercials, Products]
1448 words (4.1 pages)
- Glamour, Life & Style, Vogue, Elle, Cosmopolitan, and People; what do you see when you open these magazines. Women who are beautiful, young, flawless, sexy, flirty, provocative, fashionable, seductive, innocent, and happy. What do you think as you look at the pages in the magazine. I would like to look like her. What do you say to your self when you see the product. Will this product help me look like her. Magazines play a part in creating the image of sex sells. Advertisers use an image to create an advertisement to sell a product.... [tags: Marketing, argumentative, persuasive]
1775 words (5.1 pages)
- Between 1983 and 2003, the percent of ads using sex to sell products rose from 15 percent to 27 percent according to a study from the University of Georgia found in the article "Why Sex Sells... More Than Ever" by Jeanette Mulvey. As disturbing as this statistic is, almost 13 years have passed since 2003. Therefore, we can only assume the rising pattern of sexualization has continued to be even more present in the advertisements of today 's time. The image portrayed in the advertisement by 7 For All Mankind is outwardly alarming.... [tags: Gender, Woman, Advertising, Female]
778 words (2.2 pages)
- Does sex absolutely sells. Analysis of the sexual appeals in advertisements Introduction According to Courtney and Whipple (1983), sexual appeals in advertisements could be defined as the way to convert the sexual urge into the element tool in the ad, it contains nudity, sexual imagery, innuendo, and double entendre which could be applied in a variety of products. Some experts are of the opinion that sexual appeals in advertisements are all of those contain both sexy male and female models (Batra and Ray, 1986).... [tags: Advertising, Brand, Human sexuality, Male]
1423 words (4.1 pages)
- How do things sell. Where do phrases like “sex sells” come from. Advertisements are all around us on a daily basis. Whether you are driving in your car and pass by a large advertisement on a building, or you see an Ad for jewelry in a magazine. The sole purpose of these advertisements is to reel in the consumers. Hook, line, and sinker. Advertisements help one visually memorize a product, and attract the consumer. They may use propaganda, hooks, repetition, claims, association, bandwagon, and promotions.... [tags: Advertising, Marketing, Beer, Sex in advertising]
805 words (2.3 pages)
- Sex Sells The desire to be desired. High end fashion advertisements are known primarily for their jaw-dropping qualities. Constantly on the verge of crossing the line and being considered culturally unacceptable, these ads individually signify a common message and appeal to young women. They are promoting sexuality and making their image a desirable part of the readers identity. Due to their costly price tags, these advertisements are marketing only to a select few, the elite class, but the identity displayed in the image portrayed is marketed to a large amount of consumers.... [tags: marketing and publicity]
1073 words (3.1 pages)
- Sex Sells During the Superbowl in 2015, I remember watching an advertisement where Kate Upton was in a drive-in theater like in the 1990‘s. Out of nowhere, she started taking off her sweater which reveals too much skin and doing really sexual awkward poses while eating the burger. I didn’t realize after watching it, it was an advertisement for Carl’s Jr’s new Jalapeno burger. This advertisement was an example of sex appeal which is used as an effective marketing strategy to attract attention to a product.... [tags: Advertising, Marketing, Sex in advertising]
1570 words (4.5 pages)
- The gap between female and male gender clichés has been glaringly obvious since the beginning of industrialization. In proximity with the modern era, automobile advertising has hardly shifted its crosshairs from its most original and sought-after target: men. Even from the moment they arrive into the world, infant boys are blanketed with blue, sent home, and decorated with a variety of masculine clothes, toy cars, and other testosterone-suggestive items. Although seemingly sexist, this argument is concrete in its validity.... [tags: marketing, sex and media, sex sells]
1358 words (3.9 pages)
- “Sex sells” has been used as an excuse to exploit and humiliate women through advertising for years. It is seen everywhere: television, movies, magazines, billboards, literally any place that can have an advertisement put in/on it. One company that specializes in advertisements composed of sexualizing women in order to sell their clothes is American Apparel. For years, they have created degrading ads that make the average believe they need to look like these images in order to feel good about themselves.... [tags: Sexuality ]
1139 words (3.3 pages)
- Sex sells a common phrase which turns out to be very truthful and also the title of Rodger Streitmatter's book, Sex Sells. The Medias Journey from Repression to Obsession. It seems like no other human act drives "buying behavior" as much as sex appeal does. Therefore advertisers manipulate this human drive and than offer their products as a path of love, beauty and desirability which is their main purpose of advertising. In other words the main purpose of advertising is to sell products and what advertisers must do to get people to buy these products is to make products desirable to the chosen target consumers.... [tags: Rodger Streitmatter]
1464 words (4.2 pages)