My sophomore year I started to try and branch out from my comfort zone. I also tried to participate in more activities than just athletics. Once I was old enough I decided that I would donate blood whenever the school held their biannual blood drives. I have experienced multiple surgeries throughout the years and wanted to give back to those that needed the blood more than I do. I was upset this last time when they told me my iron was too low to donate. Donating blood is my way to give back to people that could have possibly saved my life. I almost never have troubles after donating with being dizzy and such so it always made sense in my mind to donate when I was able to. Tell City High School is where I started to come into contact with volunteer opportunities. At the time, I did not realize they were preparing me for better experiences in the future.
I was asked to be an assistant coach for a youth soccer team of fou...
... middle of paper ...
...l; usually, I was told that it was a tragedy that something would happen to a young girl. I could tell she was suffering on the inside like I was. I hope my words gave her the power and courage to become successful despite her imperfections. This is my favorite memory from my experiences volunteering.
As a current senior in high school, I have gained many experiences through my school, my community, and my church. Without these volunteer hours I would not be as vocal and social as I am today. I thank the community for making me feel included in this community. Perry County has many opportunities to become involved. After graduation, I plan on continuing to do service for St. Paul’s Church and the community. This summer will be my third mission trip to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and I am thankful for all the money we have raised and also have been donated to us.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Industry Analysis Pizza came to prominence during the 16th century in Naples, Italy. Pizza was eaten by the poor mostly and was not a serious form of cuisine. During this time pizza was not as fancy as it is now. It was a simple white sause covering the dough. It was not untill centeries later the Italians started the experiment different toppings on the pizza. In the 1889 in Naples, Raffaelle Esposito the margherita pizza was created. The pizza features tomatoes, basil, and mazzarella, it was the first time chesse has been used on the dish.... [tags: Pizza, Pizza Hut, Papa John's Pizza]
1118 words (3.2 pages)
- ... In particular, 2013 saw domino’s pizza experiencing a significant change in business activities with the pizza business growing into “an online digital business that sells pizza where they are the best in their class for digital sales, marketing and execution” (DPE 2013, p.06). 2.0 Compliance When preparing financial reports, it is important that organisations are compliant with laws and regulations as well as recognised accounting standards (Rogers 1996, p.25). An important compliance measure in Australia for financial reporting is the director’s declaration that must accompany the financial statements in accordance with s 295 of the Corporations Act (Cwlth 2001).... [tags: competitors, domino´s pizza, innovations]
872 words (2.5 pages)
- Domino’s Pizza Case Study Domino’s Pizza Company was originally owned by Tom Monaghan and his brother James, first purchased as a mom and pop store in 1960 named Domi-Nick’s. Tom traded his car for the other half of the business in 1961, and changed the name of the store to Domino’s in 1965. Domino’s targets its sales toward middle and lower class customers that are looking to stretch their dollar and feed their family affordably. Although Domino’s has many positive aspects, it also has some downfalls.... [tags: Pizza, Pizza Hut, Calzone, Pizza saver]
1168 words (3.3 pages)
- One of the following is an environment analysis of “largest Pizza chains” in the US and International. In the following sections, we will assess the environment analysis on “consumer satisfaction” and its re-formulated pizza recipe. Within the re-formulating and the expansion of its menu, we will see how they have been able to recapture some of the market with existing and new customers, with customer satisfaction and excellent delivery. Domino’s Pizza, for example, they have re-formulated their ingredients and added new items to their menu, but like Pizza Hut, Papa John’s, and Little Caesar, we will discuss their strength’s and weakness to be able to survive in the Pizza Industry.... [tags: pizza chains, pizzas, pizza industry]
1714 words (4.9 pages)
- Imagine a cheesy, saucy, warm bread melting in your mouth. What is this delightful food. Its nothing more than pizza. Pizza pie is one of the most popular foods in America it can be found everywhere. It is a staple of the American diet as a cheap and easy meal. Pizza is sold in many shapes and variations from barbeque on pizza to chocolate chips. Pizza is served at parties, in cafeterias and in college dorms. Not only has pizza pie make its way into American culture. It has now become American as apple pie.... [tags: Pizza, Naples, Italian cuisine, Bread]
1381 words (3.9 pages)
- The Success Story of Domino’s Pizza, Inc. Domino’s Pizza, Inc. is the true definition of an American Success story. From the humble beginnings in a single store to tens of thousands of stores spanning the globe we will take a look at what it takes to build a $900 loan into a corporate juggernaut that grosses billions in sales annually. Domino’s story is one of perseverance, cunning, innovation and foresight. Thomas Monaghan’s history and methods of accounting practices is one that any entrepreneur looking to get into business ownership can look to for inspiration and motivation.... [tags: Pizza delivery, Domino's Pizza, Pizza, Ann Arbor]
987 words (2.8 pages)
- Sweeping floors, washing counters, and rinsing dishes. As a high school student, these are the three things farthest from the mind on a Friday night. Some stay focused on getting a win at the basketball homecoming game; whereas, others quietly search for the secret parties to attend throughout the night. Even though labored work is not the ideal way to spend someone 's free time, it teaches teenagers the importance of responsibility, initiative, and independence. When I was seventeen, I decided to apply for my first place of employment.... [tags: High school, Adolescence, College, Graduation]
1159 words (3.3 pages)
- Gage Park is number sixty-three of seventy-seven neighborhoods that make up the city of Chicago. According to the Chicago Park District (2014), the Gage Park area received its name in honor of Commissioner George Gage who was a respected prominent business man and attorney in the late 1870’s. Located on the southwest side of Chicago; Gage Park is a community that is known for its cultural history and diversity over the years. Many different races have lived in this community from the time it was developed, and this trend continues to evolve.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Chicago]
1590 words (4.5 pages)
- Introduction Steve Kafka is an American born citizen of Czech origin and a franchisor for Chicago Style Pizza. Steve has decided to open a franchise in the Czech Republic, a place where he has family and friends. Steve has visited the Czech Republic several times and speaks the language very fluently. Even though he has some basic knowledge about the Czech Republic, he still anticipates some difficulties at the new location in Prague. He knows his decision is not without risk but is ready to meet the challenge.... [tags: International Business Cultural Barriers]
1403 words (4 pages)
- The Fast Food Restaurant Industry - Analysis of the Pizza Industry THE RESTAURANT INDUSTRY AND HISTORY Where and when did the fast food concept come into play. Consider the hamburger. While German immigrants brought the first "Hamburg Style Steak" to the United States in the early 19th century, the humble hamburger, "White Castle," became the basis for a new kind of restaurant in 1916 called "the fast food chain". J. Walter Anderson, who sold five-cent hamburgers with french-fries and colas, opened the oldest burger chain.... [tags: Pizza Restaurant Industry]
4620 words (13.2 pages)