The first ad is by Pabst Brewing Company. It depicts two couples bowling and uses a poem to capture the reader’s attention. There is also the Pabst Blue Ribbon logo and the bodies of the people are ribbons. After the poem, there is a paragraph used to sell Pabst Blue Ribbon to the reader by talking about the history and taste of the beer. This ad looks like it was designed to sell the beer to women by using words and images of fun, excitement, and achievement. The picture shows friends out having a good time bowling. There is also a poem that was written in a way to appeal to a woman. It is written about Mrs. Carruthers first time bowling, getting a good score, “applause from the boys,” and playing for a prize. (Pabst) Of course the prize is Pabst Blue Ribbon, with the blue ribbon that people equate to the top prize. There is also a picture of a bottle of beer, a glass of beer, and a bowling ball on the left side of the advertisement. The ad also describes the beer as a blend of “33 fine brews” and “there is no finer beer – no finer blend.” (Pabst)
The second ad is for eve cigarettes. With the name eve and the imagery of a female and flowers, this ad is specifically targeting women. It also features large words and a paragraph about the cigarettes. The images stick out as feminine...
... middle of paper ...
Barber, Benjamin R. "Black Friday...Gray Thursday." Writing and Reading: English 1020 and English 1050. Custom Edition for Terra Community College. Boston: Pearson Learning Solutions, 2011. 390-392. Book.
eve cigarettes. "Farewell to the ugly cigarette." 2014. Microsoft Word file.
Fowles, Jib. “Advertising's Fifteen Basic Appeals,” 2014. Microsoft Word file.
Lutz, William. "With These Words I Can Sell You Anything." Writing and Reading: English 1020 and English 1050. Custom Edition for Terra Community College. Boston: Pearson Learing Solutions, 2011. 398 - 404. Book.
Pabst Brewing Company. "Call it sheer luck…" 2014. Microsoft Word file.
Rushkoff, Douglas. "A Brand By Any Other Name." Writing and Reading: English 1020 and English 1050. Custom Edition for Terra Community College. Boston: Pearson Learning Solutions, 2011. 385 - 389. Book.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- After I read the Women’s Roles in Traditional China Ebrey text, I know that it described women’s virtue and vices. And also the text includes perceptions of women and they can’t participate with the financial problems. For talking about the women’s roles in old China, I associate the Books of odes with describing the women’s figure, one of this odes describe, “ Peach tree young and fresh, plump are its fruits: this girl’s getting married, she’ll do well in her rooms. It depicted that most of girl were the virtuous figure and can do the well household at home.... [tags: Family, Marriage, Virtue, Wife]
784 words (2.2 pages)
The Best Selling Novel Ziglar On Selling : The Ultimate Handbook For The Complete Sales Professional
- Zig Ziglar wrote the best-selling novel Ziglar On Selling: The Ultimate Handbook for the Complete Sales Professional. In his book, Ziglar describes and lists the “tools” necessary for becoming an “effective sales professional” (Ziglar 1991, xi-343). It should also be noted that “All Bible references in this paper come from the” New “King James Version of the Bible, except where clearly noted by the student” (Skorupa 2010). Beginning with the introduction and leading up to the sixteenth chapter, Ziglar gives an in-depth discussion on the elements necessary for successful conversion of “prospects” to “sales” (Ziglar 1991, xi-343).... [tags: Sales, Consultative selling, Selling, Marketing]
1035 words (3 pages)
- The Story of the SECRETS OF SELLING REAL ESTATE TO FOREIGN BUYERS Blog-A-Book Project by Olga Kellen The 2016 Profile of International Activity in U.S. Residential Real Estate by the National Association of Realtors states that the foreign buyers are accounted for more than $100 billion purchases during the last year. The foreign buyers usually purchase more expensive properties, the report highlights. Although foreigners purchase properties nationwide, in New York and Arizona they bought 4% of all properties in each state, in Texas 10%, in California 15% and in Florida 22%.... [tags: Sales, Marketing, Selling, Business]
835 words (2.4 pages)
- Personal selling is any form of direct contact between a salesperson and a customer. The type of personal selling that Lychee Lou specializes in is retail selling. Retail selling is when customers come to a store. Therefore a buyer for Lychee Lou visits a business-to-business salesperson to buy products that will be sold in Lychee Lou. Consultative selling is when a salesperson finds solutions to a customer’s problems by finding products that meet their needs. Lychee Lou salespeople are trained to listen for customer’s problems and use consultative selling to meet customer’s needs.... [tags: Sales, Consultative selling, Selling, Marketing]
1518 words (4.3 pages)
- Selling a car is very different that most things in life there is now way to train for it, sure there is books that will say how the author best did and list of closes. The only way someone learns how to sell a car is by selling an actual car, like anything is simply by doing. Being a car salesman is very different than most careers, because salesmen could have a day even a week a single customer does not come in the door. This poses a problem for salesmen, that are paid on how many cars they sell and the gross on each deal.... [tags: Sales, Selling, Automobile, Want]
1036 words (3 pages)
- Professional Selling – Indebt Interviews In order to get a better understanding of professional selling I have interviewed two professional sales people that sell in the business to business environment. My candidates are Matt Bohon currently running his own company Little River Resources, and Burch Bagget also running his own company called Bagget Financial Group. Matt Bohon received his Bachelor’s degree in Communications from Texas Christian University, with a minor in history. He started his selling career in college, working as a wholesale car dealer.... [tags: Sales, Marketing, Insurance, Consultative selling]
1606 words (4.6 pages)
- Selling an Information Security Policy Network attacks are continuing to rise. It is critical for the organization to have an effective Information Security Policy in order to reduce the chances of becoming a victim. In 2013, experts saw network attacks up to 50 Gbps, which resulted in an average cost of $32,469 per day to businesses. The average number of days to recover was 32 days, which brought costs up to $1,035,769 per attack. Thus far, 2014 network attacks have shattered 2013’s record with attacks averaging 200-400 Gbps in intensity.... [tags: selling security, netwrk attack, crime]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- In selling, there are three different types of selling. They are consultative, transactional, and strategic. The consultative selling process takes place in which the salesperson determines the problem a customer is having by spending time with the person and trying to solve and recommend a solution that will specifically address that problem. This involves meeting customers’ needs by asking specific questions, listening actively and giving feedback, understanding their problems, creating the appropriate solution, creating a sales presentation, and following through after the sale.... [tags: Sales, Selling, Consultative selling, Customer]
1196 words (3.4 pages)
- The Selling of Women in America Beautiful, skin-tight clothing, thin, blonde, long hair, and big breasted women are what people normally think of when they think of television commercials. This is very stereotypical but how stereotypical is it. Look at the media anymore and this is what the audience sees. There may be a change here and there with the hair color and how tight the clothing is but in all honestly this is what the public is seeing on television screens if they sit there and watch the television screens.... [tags: Research Essays]
1668 words (4.8 pages)
- Prospecting - The Lifeblood of Selling Qualifying leads and prospects is an important first step for anyone’s sales process. To be effective in selling one must have a good start and become as productive as possible in identifying qualified leads. Qualifying leads and prospects plays a very significant role in selling. Without a solid prospect list, it will be difficult to build a sales territory. Finding the potential prospects is one of the most critical phases of a salesperson’s work. If a salesperson is not vigilant, he will lose the potential customers to aggressive competitors.... [tags: Selling Marketing Sales Business]
808 words (2.3 pages)