Accounting, which has been called the "language of business", includes different types of economic activities like preparing and checking the records that are related to finance. An accountant’s task is to make sure that the records are written accurately and the taxes are paid timely. Furthermore, the job is to examine the accounting books and accounting systems officially to keep them up to date. Nowadays, accounting is known as a popular business-related major. More and more people decide to become different types of accountants because of the successfulness that the jobs can bring. Nonetheless, a large amount of accounting college students is failed to find a position to work after their graduation. They likely do not know how to have enough qualifications to be accepted in a good accounting company. Accounting has a variety of requirements that they need to know and be eligible for. This field is not as easy as most people think. As a college student with a desire to be a successful accounting in the future, this research will list all of the essential things I need to do for my future career such as which type of degree I need to achieve, how to pass the Uniform Certified Public Accountant Examination, and the personalities I need to have.
First of all, I need to know which type of degree I should gain. I need to study for five years of college education if I want to be a Certified Public Accountant [CPA], which means 150 credit hours are required. It is possible to gain a job with a Bachelor degree; however, most candidates want to get the Master degree before they officially search for a place of work. Therefore, I need to transfer to an accounting university after I finish m...
... middle of paper ...
...join different student organizations or volunteer programs that might help me in my future career. Finding internships in well-known firms is also essential if I want to work there after my graduation. Moreover, I need to take the Uniform Certified Public Accountant Examination and pass it. After finishing all the education and examination requirements, I will be ready to find places to search for jobs, prepare my resume to make it standout from others’, and do my best in the interview. In addition, good personalities are required to practice and enhance when I work in a company. If I can do everything listed above, I am sure that I will be successful in the future with my career choice. Accounting is not an easy major to study because it requires a lot of efforts and times. Nonetheless, the rewards that I will be able to receive if I pass those obsoletes are worth.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Occupation Description Requirements and Education There is not one set path to become a forensic accountant. There are however, two main certifications most forensic accountants hold; the CFE and the CPA. Having one or both of these certifications is the best way to find work in forensic accounting. CPA Many forensic accountants are Certified Public Accountants. It is the most well-known accounting credential and having those three letters after one’s name tells the world you know what you’re doing.... [tags: Certified Public Accountant]
1124 words (3.2 pages)
- Introduction What is the difference between an accounting professional and a professional accountant. It seems that it is just a grammatical difference however the distinction is quite substantial. A professional accountant is an accountant with a designation recognized by the province in which he or she practices. Until recently, these designations were Certified General Accountants, Certified Management Accountants and Chartered Accountants. The three designations have merged across Canada to form a unified designation called Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA).... [tags: Accountant, Certified Public Accountant]
1098 words (3.1 pages)
- There are several requirements that a person must complete to be able to sit for the CPA exam in Missouri. After much research on the NASBA and MSCPA websites, I found that it will take much dedication and will power to become a CPA in Missouri. We will discuss the personal and educational requirements along with the work experience requirement once you have passed the exam. First we will discuss some of the things that you must do before you can sit for the exam. One of the things you must do is complete 150 hours of college education.... [tags: Certified Public Accountant]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- Accounting is a profession that is often overlooked when it comes to choosing careers in business, but it is crucial in keeping the business world turning. Excellent accounting is the lifeblood of any successful business. Accountants keep track of the money coming into a business and leaving a business, as well as debts, expenses, and budgeting. There are several different paths that can be taken in accounting, depending on the sector and field one is in. Some of these fields include tax and auditing, to name two.... [tags: Certified Public Accountant, Accountant]
1358 words (3.9 pages)
- Accounting is the art of recording, summarizing, reporting, and analyzing financial transactions. Many accountants produce and analyze financial reports. A good accountant can develop a system that will capture all of the necessary details to make the business successful, weather it is managerial, projection, analysis, financial reporting and tax reports. In any business, doesn’t matter how big or small, financial statements are very crucial if achieving success is your ultimate goal. Accounting can be a really broad topic and this paper will focus more in tax accounting and the requirements tone must need to reach a good job position.... [tags: certification, salary, career]
843 words (2.4 pages)
- Designing a Computer Based System for an Accountant Ashok Lakhani and Sarjit Desai run a business consultancy firm. They do simple accounts like payroll, tax, national insurance, VAT returns and Tax rebates. They use a manual paper based system to keep records of their accounts. They use a pen, paper and calculator to analyse their accounts. I recommend that they use a few stand-alone computers to make their accounting easier and quicker. (b) Types of processing activity o Calculatingcould be done in Microsoft Excel, which is spreadsheet software where a formula can be used.... [tags: Papers]
822 words (2.3 pages)
- The career that I am interested in pursuing is accounting. This career interests me because accountants perform duties that I feel would be enjoyable. Such duties include examining financial statements, inspecting account books, and organizing financial documents. These particular duties tie in to my personal interests which are; examining and inspecting items of interest, analyzing problems, problem solving, and organizing various things such as files and papers. The experiences that have influenced my interest in this career are my everyday experiences.... [tags: Certified Public Accountant, Accountant]
1549 words (4.4 pages)
- Accountancy is based on an intricate and detail-oriented profession. Accounting professionals deal with numerical figures on a daily basis, and the slightest error could cause major issues within a company’s financial department. Accountants prepare and analyze financial documents. Ensuring a business’s financial records and taxes are paid properly and efficiently is a major part of an accountant’s job. In addition to preparing financial records, an accountant may also perform audits, process monthly payrolls, prepare budgets, and implement new and improved accounting control procedures (“What Does an Accountant Do”, 2015).... [tags: Certified Public Accountant, Accountant, Finance]
1184 words (3.4 pages)
- Every day, many people question my passion for pursuing accounting as a profession and the first answer I think of is that I am good with numbers. However, advancing in the field has made me realize that my passion is not only based on figures. Growing up as a kid, I was privileged to have a piggy account where I would save as little as fifty cents per week. Since my parents rewarded me in monetary value as a positive reinforcement in cases of good behaviour, I was motivated to maintain good manners so long as my savings increased.... [tags: Accountant, Accountancy]
889 words (2.5 pages)
- Introduction Modern information system is now popular all over the world, it also change the accounting area. Instead of the old manual analysis, many companies making effort in developing a fitted accounting information system for themselves, as they realize the advantages that the new technology brings in - more efficient and accurate in processing, integrated data, detailed record etc. However, even though there are so many benefits, the functional system also brings challenges, making new requirements to the accountants and auditors.... [tags: Accountancy, Accountant, Information system]
1216 words (3.5 pages)