Radiology technology is a science of using radiation to produce images. There are many jobs you can perform in diagnostic imaging usually a radiologic technologist will oft...
... middle of paper ...
... a patient down when they are scared. I know this career will not always be an easy one because you will come across some patients that can be combative, grumpy or scared and being able to learn how to communicate with them will make the process more smoothly. There will come a time when you come across a patient that will pull at your heart, as hard as it is I will have to keep my emotions in control but not so much so that I forget how to be gentle and caring with the patients because you may never know what their stories are.
Once I have completed my schooling and clinical courses, I will need to have completed a state board exam. Write a resume and gain interviews with reputable companies.
"O*NET OnLine Help: OnLine Overview." O*NET OnLine. National Center for O*NET Development, n.d. Web. 24 Nov. 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Radiologic Technologist Bright, flashing red and white lights and sirens racing down the road has been my entire life the past few years. Racing to the hospital in an ambulance volunteering to take care of people in need, doing the best I can to help them is the greatest gift I have received in life. Growing up I always wanted to start a career in nursing, more specifically, a registered nurse working in the intensive care unit. However, I started college and started my prerequisites towards a nursing degree and I realized nursing might not be the best health care career for me.... [tags: Health care, Nursing, Healthcare]
771 words (2.2 pages)
- The career I have chosen to pursue is radiologic technology. I have been interested in x-ray for quite some time. At first, a simple picture of a broken wrist sparked my interest. It was beautiful. The advanced technology that allows us to see the inside of the human body without exploratory surgery for a diagnosis amazed me. As I looked further into this career, I found out just how fascinating this field is. Not only are the pictures helpful in finding loose fragments and setting a bone back in place, x-ray pictures can show pneumonia, cancer, and even heart failure.... [tags: Career Research ]
1139 words (3.3 pages)
- Have you ever considered being a Radiation Technologist. Their primary job is to take x-rays and to help read and clarify the x-rays as well. They perform other duties such as cat scans, ultrasounds, and radiation therapy. Radiation technologists have specific duties and, if a person is really great in a certain area, you can specialize in that area , this is called occupational specialties. Radiation technologists must pay attention to detail and have exceptional communication skills. There are many educational and training opportunities available to those that are interested in the field of radiation technologist.... [tags: x-rays, cat scans, ultrasounds]
1466 words (4.2 pages)
- Radiology Technologist have been around for almost a century. “Radiology Technologist works in various places taking diagnostic imaging examinations for patients, which are x-rays, magnetic resonance imaging, and mammography.” (eHow) This job is one of the few in the world that can give the risk of cancer to the rad-techs. And is stilled one of the most needed in the medical field. Radiology Technologist needs to understand computers and what the x-rays show, and how to set up a patient for and x-ray to be taken.... [tags: x-ray, imaging examinations, ]
1045 words (3 pages)
- Ideal Career Overview My ideal career would allow me to do something that interests me. I enjoy working with words and with numbers. I've also had success in the areas of technology and customer service. I'm looking for a stable workplace environment. I would prefer to work for an established company – one with developed rules and procedures. I like having coworkers, someone with whom to brainstorm and to discuss successes and failures. In a team, I want someone else to be the bold innovator, the explorer, the creative force.... [tags: personal narrative]
620 words (1.8 pages)
- After visiting an X-ray department to get simple x-rays done of an extremity, a lot of individuals think that the person taking the x-ray’s are classified as button pushers. Some people believe taking x-rays is as simple as taking a picture. Would you like to know what radiologic technologist do besides taking simple pictures. Radiologic Technologist performs simple x-rays, helpful in assisting in surgery procedures, and uses fluoroscopy exams for difficult procedures. Today I will inform you on some of the different aspects that radiologic technologist are utilized for.... [tags: X-ray, Radiology, Surgery, Radiography]
896 words (2.6 pages)
- As Radiologic Technologists, you will come in contact with patients each day. Your job will not be limited to positioning the patient to get the view on the x-ray you want, but will actually be dealing with a person. You will need to know how to properly interact with your patient, including the guidelines to communication, the skills needed to communicate, and to stay professional during your time with them. You will also need to know the rules that go along with knowing HIPAA, such as: what is considered confidential information; who can know the information.... [tags: Health care, Patient, Health care provider]
1385 words (4 pages)
- Everyday life in a hospital is complete and absolute chaos. There are doctors and nurses running everywhere to treat patients, ambulances coming through every so often, children and patients crying, and surgeons telling a family that their loved one did not make it. However, outside of all that craziness is an operating room (OR). A place filled with pressure, intensity, high hopes, and stress. There to help control the environment is a surgical technologist. While preparing patients for surgery, surgical technologists manage the equipment and operating room, follow the instructions of the surgeon, and ensure the safety of the patient.... [tags: Career Issues]
1022 words (2.9 pages)
- ... Then we have the Mammography equipment. This can view the breast area of the patient. The main use for this type of equipment is the discovery of breast cancer. Finally, we have the Fluoroscopy equipment. This type of equipment can allow technicians to view the body in very detailed images. However, to keep these pieces of medical equipment up and running, they must take solemn practices of sanitizing and cleaning of the materials. The next part of my research I am discussing will be the salary.... [tags: career choices, professional opportunities]
922 words (2.6 pages)
- Career of a Medical Laboratory Technologist Choosing which career path to follow is one of the most important decision people take in their lifetime. Considering that this decision will affect the entire future life, it is very important to be sure that it is the right one. It is one of the most important steps in order to successfully find a job that would satisfy personality needs and guarantee a steady income. If he or she is passionate about their job, hard work is simplified and high salary helps to concentrate on results.... [tags: career choices]
1124 words (3.2 pages)