An accountant makes sure that the Nation’s firms are run efficiently, the public records are kept accurately, and that taxes are paid properly and on time (“Accountants and Auditors”). Accounting is the study of how a business tracks their income, assets, expenses, and many other things for a period of time. They also do many other things like quality management, tax strategy, and health care benefits management (“Welcome to Careers in Accounting”). An accountant is crucial to the success of a business, without one the business tends to fail.
The job environment for an accountant would be mostly done in a typical office setting (“Accountants and Auditors”). Some people may be able to work from their homes, or if the business has more than one facility they might have to travel to the different facilities (“Accountants and Auditors”). The typical hours for an accountant depend on what type of accounting they do. The normal hours for a week are between 40-50 hours, but a tax & financial and auditors may put in 70 hours in a week (“Welcome to Careers in Accounting”). Individuals would also be working as a team with others on an important account or on financial statements (“Welcome to Careers in Accounting”).
Some qualifications fo...
... middle of paper ...
... degree in accounting. I think that family members have also been a big influence on my decision to pursue a career in the business of accounting. Accounting is something that I have come to enjoy and seem to know a great deal about and like to continue learning and doing.
"Accountants." WISCareers. University Of Wisconsin System Board of Regents, 2009. Web.\ 20 Nov. 2009.
"Accountants and Auditors." U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. U.S. Department Of Labor, 18 Dec. 2007. Web. 20 Nov. 2009.
"Welcome to Careers in Accounting." Accounting Jobs from Careers-in-Accounting.com. Ed. Phil Drake, Randy Beatty, and Howard Bunsis. 2009. Web. 20 Nov. 2009.
Mrs. Perry. Personal Interview. 17 Nov. 2009.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The career that I am interested in pursuing is accounting. This career interests me because accountants perform duties that I feel would be enjoyable. Such duties include examining financial statements, inspecting account books, and organizing financial documents. These particular duties tie in to my personal interests which are; examining and inspecting items of interest, analyzing problems, problem solving, and organizing various things such as files and papers. The experiences that have influenced my interest in this career are my everyday experiences.... [tags: Certified Public Accountant, Accountant]
1549 words (4.4 pages)
- As a junior at Elizabeth City State University, I think a lot about what want to do after college. Questioning my plans after graduation and the type of career I hope to get. My goal is to graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, plus, to get an accounting job in six months. In that same year I plan on taking my boards to become a Certified Public Accountant. Some of the jobs I hope to consider is to become an Accountant Assistant, Staff Accountant, Accountant II, and a Chief accountant.... [tags: Accountant, Certified Public Accountant]
1136 words (3.2 pages)
- Every day, many people question my passion for pursuing accounting as a profession and the first answer I think of is that I am good with numbers. However, advancing in the field has made me realize that my passion is not only based on figures. Growing up as a kid, I was privileged to have a piggy account where I would save as little as fifty cents per week. Since my parents rewarded me in monetary value as a positive reinforcement in cases of good behaviour, I was motivated to maintain good manners so long as my savings increased.... [tags: Accountant, Accountancy]
889 words (2.5 pages)
- Why to pick a Major in Accounting The reason I decided to pursue a career in accounting is because I have always been interested in the business world and accounting is considered a basic tool of business. I have worked for small and large business firms; also in private and public sectors which helped me develop a strong linking with the industry as a whole and solidified my interest in accounting. Pursuing the degree in accounting would definitely open up the doors for me. It can prepare me for advancement and give me the foundations to become a CPA, to pursue a career in finance or corporate management, to work in government, or become an entrepreneur.... [tags: Certified Public Accountant, Accountant]
1019 words (2.9 pages)
- An accountant’s main job is to observe and create the financial records of companies. They make sure that the company they work for pays their taxes promptly, and accurately. Having an accountant is key to the efficiency of the company. Without them, financial records and reports could be sloppy, incorrect, and misleading. I chose accounting as my major because there is multiple factors about it that spark interest in me. One of the more interesting things about accounting is dealing with numbers.... [tags: Accountant, Certified Public Accountant]
974 words (2.8 pages)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE After one year 's work experience as an accountant in Viet Nam, I want to return to academic study. I am applying to Northeastern University for admission to Bachelor 's Completion program. I am interested in Finance and Accounting Management. After graduating with a first degree from Academy of Finance in Viet Nam; I was an accountant in a taxi company and one restaurant for one year. In that time, I learnt many things from my senior colleagues and my chief accountant. They helped me to gain experience and develop further skills in accounting.... [tags: Bachelor's degree, Academic degree]
782 words (2.2 pages)
- Often times, I can’t help but wonder what my life would be like if I haven’t been exposed to the world of business; a wonderful career that changed my life completely. I have taken interest in business career because I love calculating numbers and interacting with people; But most importantly, my fascination in business came from my grandfather. He taught me many valuable tips on how to be a successful person, and most certainly how to run a business. He was not only a successful businessman, but also a respected individual.... [tags: career, business, ]
1362 words (3.9 pages)
- I am a freckled, Caucasian, red-haired, Lutheran and Catholic mix, small town, and middle-class girl. My mother’s side shows their traditional Catholicism by attending church every Sunday in classy, elegant attire. My father’s side is loud, supportive, and flamboyant. I was raised on old-fashioned family values and the idea of money being a tool to help achieve goals.” My father’s family was generally lower class his whole life, and now he is always working very hard to give my sister and me endless opportunities.... [tags: culture assignment, career choices]
657 words (1.9 pages)
- The state of Texas has two agencies established to the maintain the standards and requirements of the accounting profession. These agencies are The Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants, also known as the TSCPA, and The Texas State Board of Public Accountancy, also known as the TXBPA. The main purpose of these agencies it to oversee the accounting profession in the state of Texas and ensure all rules and principles are followed and enforced and the public is guaranteed competent professionals.... [tags: Certified Public Accountant, Accountant]
1041 words (3 pages)
- Accounting opens numerous doors for careers in the business world; so there is consistently room for opportunities. For example, after I get my accounting degree, I plan on getting my certified public accountant (CPA) license. This is a test that will qualify me to practice public accounting. Acquiring a CPA license will pay dramatically higher, whereas regular accountants (on average) make 25% less than CPA’s. Being an accountant will without a doubt be a well-suited career for me, as it is supported by evidence through my detail-oriented personality and my aptitude to succeed in this field.... [tags: Accountant, Certified Public Accountant, Finance]
1170 words (3.3 pages)