General Purpose: To persuade
Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade the audience to agree that same-sex marriages should not be legal
Central Idea: The audience will realize the vices and social disorders created by legalization of same sex marriages in order to preserve marital norms
I. Same sex marriage is a trending topic if not a trendy one. Countries throughout the globe are pressured with the question of homosexuality being an issue of right or morality. Countries such as Brazil, Canada, some states of the United States and the United Kingdom have legalized same sex marriages while others are still battling with homosexual pressure.
II. Today, I would like to discuss with you the unnatural nature of same sex marriages.
III I have carried out extensive research on the field of sexuality and I feel obliged to educate the public about the dangers of same sex marriages to our society, today and in the future.
IV. So today I am going to discuss three points about this issue.
Number One: why same sex marriage should not be legalized?
Number Two: what are the adverse impacts of same sex marriages in our society?
Number Three: what Measures can be implemented to discourage same sex marriages?
Transition: So let’s talk about why same sex marriage should not be legalized
1. First of all, why should same sex marriage not be legalized?
A. Legally, a same sex marriage is a union between two people of the same sexual orientation in a marital relationship. The United States does not grant the tittle ‘spouse’ to couple involved in same sex marriages. As such, same sex marriage should not be legalized as a natural marital union.
B. Same sex m...
... middle of paper ...
...blarz, (How) Does the Sexual Orientation of Parents Matter? American Sociological Review 66: 159-183.168-171, 2013.
Landau, Z., Verjee, Z., and Mortensen, A., Uganda president: Homosexuals are 'disgusting', CNN, February 25, 2014, retrieved from http://edition.cnn.com/2014/02/24/world/africa/uganda-homosexuality-interview/
Lawrence Kurdek, What Do We Know about Gay and Lesbian Couples? Current Directions in Psychological Science 14 (2005): 252
Paul Ash, What does the law say schools have to do? Lexkington Minuteman, September 22, 2005. Retrieved online at: http://www.article8.org/docs/news_events/parker/paul_ash_letter.ht
Slick, M., Collateral damage effect upon individuals and society as a result of the change in sexual morals,
Statistics on the percentage of the population that are homosexual and lesbian
Statistics on HIV/AIDS and health related issues.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Marriage as generally define is the union between one man and one woman. However a recent debate over same-sex marriage has stirred a nationwide debate reverberating in the halls of Congress, at the White House, in dozens of state courtrooms and legislatures, and is also becoming a speech-making topic for election campaigns at both the national and state levels. As the debate for this controversial topic rages on, the American religious community view on the topic remains deeply divided over the matter and over the morality of homosexuality in general.... [tags: Same Sex Marriage, argumentative, persuasive]
1216 words (3.5 pages)
- Why is gay marriage such a big deal. Why are there so many people against it. Most of the time it is easy to presume where to draw the line when interfering with someone else’s rights. Simply, do not do it. Everyone has the right to get a driver’s license or has the freedom of speech, but why on earth do some people have the right to wed and think that he or she has the right to tell somebody else that he or she does not have that same right. Gay marriage is not traditional, gay relationships are immoral, and marriage is for procreation.... [tags: argumentative, persuasive ]
2150 words (6.1 pages)
- America is said to be the land of the free, which means that every legal citizen is given freedom of speech, and the right of privacy. Among these rights, we are given freedom of religion. If someone is Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, Christian, or even Buddhist, that someone is welcome to practice their own religion however they see fit, and you are welcome in America because this is the land of the free. Or is it. When the topic of Gay Marriage arises in conversation, the main "Anti-Gay" point would be that the Bible does not agree with it.... [tags: Homosexuality, argumentative, persuasive ]
882 words (2.5 pages)
- On June 26, 2015, the US Supreme Court ruled that the US Constitution guarantees the right for same-sex couples to marry. This is additional proof of something we have been taught in schools all our lives. America is the land of the free, which gives each legal citizen the right of privacy, freedom of speech, and freedom of religion. If you are Christian, Jewish, Muslim, or Buddhist, you are welcome in this country. However when the topic of gay marriage arises in conversations, the main opposing point would be that the bible doesn’t agree with it.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Essays]
679 words (1.9 pages)
- There was a pounding feeling in her head as she was carried out of the car. A tickling sensation in her forehead from the blood rushing down her face; it was a small injury that the paramedics easily cleaned up. She heard the cops say the man in the other vehicle was heavily intoxicated and has walked away unharmed. She looks around, but she cannot find who she is looking for. She knows she was not alone in that car and she stands up trying to find her wife. There are people urging her to sit back down unfamiliar with the internal injuries she might have, but as she witnesses a limp body being pulled out of the car she rushes towards it.... [tags: LGBT, Same Sex Marriage, Economy]
1231 words (3.5 pages)
- ... This figure is an intimidating figure because it show the occurrence of death in a crash. In this accident, the leading cause of death is people under the age of 35 years old. Safety belts can prevent death in about half of these accident. B. A seat belt help us by holding us in the car and keep people being throw around and out of the car. Many injury occur when a person inside the car collides with the steering, wheel, dashboard, windshield, the roof or other. (Transition: Let’s take a look on what is the second reason why we should wear seat belt when driving car) II. The second point is can cultivate themselves too not violate government law.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
714 words (2 pages)
- Everyone is aware of marriage. We have heard about it, gone to one, or even been in one. The idea of marriage is something that is bestowed upon us and something that we look forward to ever since we were children, but what about those who what to get married to the same sex. How is that possible. As you know, everything changes at some point or another, this includes marriage. That is why same-sex marriage should be legalized. It has come to a point where the idea or a “normal” marriage has to change in order to fit in with a constantly changing society.... [tags: Marriage History, Same Sex Marriage]
1247 words (3.6 pages)
- I. Introduction A. Attention Getter: Has anyone ever stopped to help you when you were in need. How did it make you feel. B. Thesis Statement: Volunteering in your local community will help those around you and help you feel like you have contributed something positive and it is easier than most people think. C. Speaker Credibility Statement: If we all did our part to help those in need, our community would be a better and safer place to live. By doing this, we can achieve a greater sense of accomplishment.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- General Purpose: Speech to Persuade Specific Purpose: To get my audience to be pro on legalizing marijuana Thesis Statement: Marijuana isn't harmful and should be legalized Organizational Pattern: Cause and Effect To the AIDS or cancer patient, marijuana is the plant that fights nausea and appetite loss. To the nutritionist, its seed is second only to the soybean in nutritional value and is a source of cooking oil and vitamins. To the paper or cloth manufacturer, it is the plant that provided much of our paper and clothing for hundreds of years and produces four times more fiber per acre than trees.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech ]
1717 words (4.9 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience that each individual must take responsibility for his or her own actions. The must not blame guns for problems caused by people. . . Attention Grabber: Gun control isn't about guns, its about control . Body of Speech . I'd like to read a quote by our 3rd president Thomas Jefferson. "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants, they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
679 words (1.9 pages)