In 1973, the Supreme Court decision based on Roe v. Wade opened the door to legalize abortion nationally. However, the Constitution does not mention abortions, so therefore, this issue belongs to the states. This has been a serious controversy for 38 years.
According to statistics, Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA or PP) conducts the greatest number of abortions in America. After doing careful research on both sides of this issue, I believe that abortion is still morally and ethically wrong. (Advance Slide)
ARGUMENTS IN FAVOR OF ABORTION
Some people believe that an abortion is, and should continue to be socially and morally acceptable.
Abortions are legal and necessary for some people to continue their job/education/career/standards of living. They do not consider adoption as a choice.
Some people believe that an abortion is nothing more than a “blob” of tissue in the earliest stages of human gestation. (Advance Slide) Planned Parenthood’s site refers to “emptying the uterus” without ever stating the word “baby.”
Legal abortion i...
... middle of paper ...
.../or regretted having the abortion. Negative reactions may be delayed for 10 or more years, when a woman feels with her pain and doubts all alone.
True equality for all involved with a pregnancy should also include the father’s right to choose life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for their baby, who received chromosomes from both parents. If Roe v. Wade is in the future overturned by the Supreme Court, then all decisions on abortion can be returned to the individual states.
Fifty-six years ago, an unmarried college girl became pregnant. She had a decision to make. She delivered a baby boy and then chose a mother and father to adopt him. Her decision changed the history of the modern world. This baby boy was given the name (Advance Slide) Steve Jobs. His birth mother made the right decision and chose life. I hope that all of you would do the same.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Suppose your mother was not planning on having a child when she was pregnant with you. Suppose your father was abusive to her. Suppose she was not even ready to be a mother or prepared to have a baby. Aren’t you still glad that she didn’t put her right to choose what goes on within her body before your right to life. Ronald Reagan once said, “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born” (qtd. “Quotations about Abortion”). Because a fetus is a human being from the moment of conception, aborting is murder and therefore it should be just as illegal as taking the life of a grown human is.... [tags: Argumentative Essay, Persuasive Essay]
1568 words (4.5 pages)
- TOPIC Why we should use seatbelt when driving a car SPECIFIC PERPOSE To persuade my audience to use the seat belt in car. CENTRAL IDEA There are three reasons why we should use seat belt when driving which are preventing death when an accident occurs, cultivate themselves too not violate the law and protecting our passengers. INTRODUCTION I. Seatbelt is a very important component when we all drive a car or other vehicle. The main purpose of seat belts is to provide greater safety to the driver when driving car but at the moment, people do not care about the importance of wearing seatbelt.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
714 words (2 pages)
- TITLE: The Morning-After pill. I. Introduction: Attention getting opening: "People have a basic human right to decide the number and spacing of their children and the right to obtain the necessary methods to do so", this was stated by the General Assembly of the United Nations World Conference on Human Rights in 1968 (Mattar). But not all methods are applicable in the countries of the world. Thesis Statement: It is a very sensitive and controversial issue, that's why I’m talking today about the morning after pill.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
682 words (1.9 pages)
- ... That is a tiny helpless and innocent life that just wants a chance in life. When killing that little life you are saying that a human life is not important and you do not care about God’s plans. He created that life, He had a plan, a purpose, and you threw it in the garbage. Matthew 7:12 says, “Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.” So if you are willing to kill a human life, do you mind if someone kills you.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Murder, Childbirth]
1550 words (4.4 pages)
- Persuasive Speech: Same sex marriages General Purpose: To persuade Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade the audience to agree that same-sex marriages should not be legal Central Idea: The audience will realize the vices and social disorders created by legalization of same sex marriages in order to preserve marital norms INTRODUCTION I. Same sex marriage is a trending topic if not a trendy one. Countries throughout the globe are pressured with the question of homosexuality being an issue of right or morality.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1282 words (3.7 pages)
- ... The district court held that the Texas abortion statutes were void as vague area for over broadly infringing the nineteenth and fourteenth amendment rights of the plaintiffs. The does lost, however, because the district court ruled that injunctive relief against enforcement of the laws was not warranted, The does appealed directly to the Supreme Court of the United States and Wade cross appealed the district court 's judgment in favor of Roe and Hallford. Abortion- the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, most of them performed during the first twenty eight weeks of pregnancy.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Roe v. Wade, Miscarriage]
1276 words (3.6 pages)
- For decades, the topic of abortion has been a heated debate. In 1973, in the Supreme Court case of Roe vs. Wade, the court concluded that a woman may terminate her pregnancy for any reason up until the point where the fetus becomes “viable”. The Court determined that “viable” meant that the fetus is capable of living outside of the mother’s womb. According to Merriam Webster, the word viable is defined as something being capable of growing or developing or capable of working, functioning or developing adequately.... [tags: Abortion, argumentative, persuasive]
977 words (2.8 pages)
- Fetal abortions can cause major physical harm to the patient’s body; and those who are lucky enough not to be physically harmed by abortion, are emotionally and mentally scarred by them. However, there are people who support this harmful and immoral act of life taking. Their views and reasons however, do not change the fact that abortion is immoral and should be made illegal. When a pregnant woman puts herself in the position to have an abortion, she is putting her life in danger, as well as her physical being.... [tags: Abortion, argumentative, persuasive]
885 words (2.5 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience to stop the witch-hunts Character: Concerned citizen of Salem just before the hanging of Rebecca Nurse and John Proctor Concerned citizens of Salem, if it were a good mornin' I would bid you that, however it is not. This mornin' a grave injustice is looming like the grey clouds before a storm. This morning we will bear witness to yet another brutal and senseless murder of two innocent Christians, Rebecca Nurse and John Proctor. Ladies and gentlemen, for four long months the very court that proposed to protect us from all evil has deceived us and in fact perpetuated the evil doings running rife throughout our fair town.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
1069 words (3.1 pages)
- General Purpose: Speech to Persuade Specific Purpose: To get my audience to be pro on legalizing marijuana Thesis Statement: Marijuana isn't harmful and should be legalized Organizational Pattern: Cause and Effect To the AIDS or cancer patient, marijuana is the plant that fights nausea and appetite loss. To the nutritionist, its seed is second only to the soybean in nutritional value and is a source of cooking oil and vitamins. To the paper or cloth manufacturer, it is the plant that provided much of our paper and clothing for hundreds of years and produces four times more fiber per acre than trees.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech ]
1717 words (4.9 pages)