Personality is a subfield of psychology. Personality generally refer the total behavior of the person, where in layman’s custom it typically relates to the socially or external oriented facets of behavior and to the way other people is affected, Cervone, D. & Pervin, L.A. (2013). It has been stated that people say to other people that their personality is good or may have said they have an unacceptable personality and to ovoid them. Several people view individual personality and summaries, guides, and keeps them uncheck. Some factors of personality and traits make up individual demeanor. Sex differences are possibly the most voluntarily discernible genetic phenomenon. Each individual inherits the body structure, organ development, and patterns of biological functioning that are appropriate to his sex, although there are variations within each sex pattern. Men tend to be more active, aggressive, adventurous, and object oriented, whereas, females tend to be more passive nurturing, accepting, and people oriented. With mankind research in genetics indicates approximately one half of the inconsistency.
Personality measures one of the dimensions of behavior that man shares with all forms of life is genetic transmission of characteristics of appearance, physical structure, and behavioral tendencies. Characteristics of people in different settings can differ; from people in population to populations. Dissimilarities between an individual and his parents can be explained that each sperm cell combination of genes, as does each of the ova present in a mother. As these two contributions combine, corresponding genes may at times trade places between chromosome pairs, increasing ...
... middle of paper ...
...ge of an individual and the temperamental traits and male to female, Berk, (2010). Culture plays a huge role in the personality development of every single human regardless of where they live or how they live. Up to this point in this discussion, the concerns about attempts to understand and explain personality as a total pattern of behavior and behavior as a whole. Sometime people makes statements like this individual personality is evil and some individual is respectable. Even under such conditions, the basic pattern of personality is seldom altered drastically, although important changes may take place in an individual’s attitudes toward life in his or her interpersonal behavior. Personality is who we are, it adds to how we see things, react, and live in a society of diverse of people. nod behave in social circles, because we are a unique set of people.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- My Personality Theory Paper Erik Erickson’s eight stages of psychosocial development is argumentatively one of the best theories to explain how human beings should healthily develop from infancy to late adulthood. Every stage of the theory must be successfully completed for optimal human personality growth. Stages that are not successful completed may result in reoccurring problems throughout one’s lifespan. Every stage is broken down by a psychosocial crisis, each with a conflicting matter that must be resolved.... [tags: Erikson's stages of psychosocial development]
1611 words (4.6 pages)
- Personality Reflection Paper The test has shown that my personality can be defined as ENFJ type. People who belong to this group are good leaders, organizers and idealists. They are good at communicating with other people, finding common language with others, initiating different projects and organizing the working processes. People of ENFJ personality type possess such traits as responsibility, creativity, openness to the world, self-development and sympathy. Such people are always ready to help others and use their experience for the sake of general well-being and success.... [tags: Psychology, Personality psychology, Leadership]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- Antisocial Personality Disorder Demaree Rodriguez University of Mary The topic that I chose for my human development paper was clients that obtain an antisocial personality disorder while in a secure facility. The age group that I focused my research to was a range from 18 to 26. According to the DSM-V an individual must be 18 in order to meet the criteria for this disorder. Often individuals start performing many of these same characteristics by the age of 15 but aren’t diagnosed prior to the age of 18.... [tags: Borderline personality disorder]
1601 words (4.6 pages)
- Theory of Personality Paper Gordon Allport, a man who is renowned in history for revolutionizing the psychological field of study builds on a very assorted background. Allport enters the psychological field of study at a very young age and pursues his degree in the field that develops further. The life of such a man is one of epic proportions going from a child who was one out of four siblings to a founder of a psychological field. Throughout his life Allport has had to overcome several hurdles which are highlighted through his journey as the inspiration, development, psychological breakthrough and the lasting effects that he has made in history.... [tags: Psychology, Personality psychology, Sigmund Freud]
1118 words (3.2 pages)
- In project one of MBAL 500, research has been conducted and tests have been taken to determine personality types. Personality not only describes someone but also describes their business manners and team work efforts. In this paper, I share the results of my Meyers-Brigg personality test and how the results relate to my everyday life. Through completing this assignment, I have learned about many different personality types, their traits and how to work within the perimeters to maintain a health and effective work environment.... [tags: Personality psychology, Personality]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- Thought Paper: Personality Disorders as it relates to Impulsivity and Brain Activation Personality disorders have always interest me, borderline personality to be exact. Growing up I possessed limited knowledge about the things personality disorders entailed. For several years my stepmother did not reveal her diagnosis of the disorder. She was extremely emotional with inappropriate hostile reactions, as well as impulsive with abonnement issues. She wanted people to need and love her, however her actions showed otherwise.... [tags: Borderline personality disorder, Bipolar disorder]
942 words (2.7 pages)
- 1. Introduction Personality is a pattern of relatively permanent traits and unique characteristics that gives both consistency and individuality to a person’s behavior (Feist & Feist, 2008). For centuries, philosophers, personality theorists and other thinkers have been trying to answer: what personalities are like, how personalities are developed, why different personalities are developed and how personalities can be changed (Pervin & Cervone, 2013). George A. Kelly, an American psychologist born in 1905 in Kansa, is one of those major contributors in the field of personality psychology (Warren, 1998).... [tags: George Kelly, personality psychology]
2235 words (6.4 pages)
- ersonality typing is a tool with many uses. It is especially notable for its helpfulness in the areas of growth and self-development. Learning and applying the theories of personality type can be a powerful and rewarding experience, if it is used as a tool for discovery, rather than as a method for putting people into boxes, or as an excuse for behavior. (http://www.personalitypage.com). The Myers-Briggs Personality test reveals that I am INTJ- Introvert, iNtuitive, Thinking and Judging personality type and have NT- iNtuition, Thinking temperament.... [tags: Personality psychology]
1913 words (5.5 pages)
- This paper is designed to discuss descriptions of my personality type. The specific type will be broken into a four letter type, as well as my two-letter temperament. Various personality types can be reasons why certain behaviors or outlooks take place in the working environment. It can also have an effect on your relationships and personal development. The Jung Typology Test gives you questions that will determine what your personality type is. By studying the results, you can become a better coworker, employee, and manager.... [tags: Personality psychology]
1534 words (4.4 pages)
- Summer Term Reflection Paper As I look back on the beginning of my journey to a better career and life I can remember the weeks and months leading up to the first day of class. I remember visiting the college and speaking with an advisor to decide exactly what it was I wanted to do, and the steps it would take for me to reach my goals. I recall talking with the advisor about the requirements for my General Education credits as well my need to take a preparatory class for algebra because I scored to low on the placement exam to be allowed to take the full college level math.... [tags: Reflection Paper]
995 words (2.8 pages)