I believe in the Trinity, that God exist as three-in-one
God the father, God the son, God the Holy Spirit
I believe in God, my heavenly father
The all-powerful creator of the heavens and earth in six days
I believe in Jesus Christ, God 's only son
Who was born of the virgin Mary
Who died on the cross for our sins
He took up our pain and bore our suffering
His punishment brought us peace
By his stripes we are healed
He descended into hell
On the third day he rose again
He rose into heaven and is seated at the right hand of God
He will come again to judge all of us
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, our helper
It is Christ 's promise to us as when he ascended into heaven.
For he lives in us and will always be in us.
He is our teacher and our reminder.
I believe we gain speaking in tongues from the Holy Spirit
I believe baptism is the way to show your rebirth in Christ.
I believe all men have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God
I believe all men are created in the image of God
“creator of the heavens and earth in six days”
Personally I believe God created the heavens and the earth in six 24 hour days. That is what I was grew up learning, that God was so great the he could easily create everything with the words he said. I believe that, I believe by just the word out of your mouth and believing that it will happen. In Genesis after he created everything for that day it would say “Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day.” This says to me that there were only 24 hour days because it says there was evening and then morning.
“He took up our pain and bore our suffering”
When Jesus was on the c...
... middle of paper ...
...ike in Acts 2:3-4, “They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.”
“I believe baptism is the way to show your rebirth in Christ.”
I was baptized as a young adult, when I was baptized I felt as if I was showing the world I was a changed person because of Christ. I was taught baptism is a way of burying the old person and being born again. When I was baptized I was wanting to take the next step in my relationship with Christ. I became spiritually hungry for Christ. Baptism was a way for me to show myself that I was a changed person. As it says in Colossians 2:12 “having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.”
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Good morning Brothers and Sisters. I’m excited to talk with you all about a topic that is so applicable to each of us. My talk is based on Elder Dale G. Renlund’s address “Maintaining an Eternal Perspective”. Before I go into my talk I want to pose a question that hopefully you will ponder about throughout the talk and really listen to the promptings of the Spirit, because He’s the true teacher. So the question for each of us is “How can I, as an individual, build my faith in Jesus Christ to have an eternal perspective?” Just remember that question throughout this talk.... [tags: Jesus, God, God in Christianity, Trinity]
2147 words (6.1 pages)
- The Trinity The doctrine of the Trinity, as seen in the Christian bible, is primary to the Christian faith. The word “Trinity” does not actually appear in the bible; it is a theological label meant to summarize certain teachings of certain passages of scripture, and is crucial to properly understand what God is like, how He relates to us, and how we relate to Him. It may also raise many difficult questions including what does it mean that God is a Trinity. While it is difficult for us to fully understand everything about the trinity, it is quite possible to answer questions like this one and come to a solid grasp of what it means for God to be three in one.... [tags: christian bible, teachings]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- Academic Statement: In no more than 500 words please explain why you have chosen to study at Trinity College Dublin, what you hope to gain academically from the courses you chose, and what you can contribute to Trinity during your stay here. My choice of study results from a long process confirmed by internships and summer programs. Overtime, I moved from intuition to conviction and today, I am convinced that getting a Bachelor in business & Management is my path. After having completed this first step, I focused on selecting universities and programs which would match my aspirations both academically and socially.... [tags: Management, Business, Mathematics]
1871 words (5.3 pages)
- I grew up in a Christian home and my parents were very good about instilling Christian dogmas and doctrines into my mind from a young age. That being said, I most likely first heard the word theology from them, but I cannot remember the specific instance since I was only a mere child. If I did not in fact hear it from them first, the only other likely option would be that I heard the term while attending church. My parents played the biggest part in exposing me to theology in my house. Most nights when I was younger they would read me stories from the Bible, they would always discuss with my brothers and I what we learned in Sunday school after church and they played a major role in helpin... [tags: God, Trinity, Christianity, Bible]
890 words (2.5 pages)
- Meaning of the Creed A Creed is a set of guidelines that all of a particular group follows. Creed coming from the word “credo” simply means I believe. Despite that creed and confessions of belief are not interchangeable. While a statement of faith, such as “I believe” only pertains to the person speaking; a creed specifically unites all persons. In a general sense a creed defines the way in which a person or group live out their life, including all of their actions and morals. In this way a creed allows for a sense of personal identity, ergo a way of personal and social morals to be constructed.... [tags: Christianity, Trinity, Nicene Creed, Jesus]
1165 words (3.3 pages)
- As Christians, we have many beliefs that shape the way we live and view life. Doctrine explains the core beliefs of the Christian life. Christian beliefs are also expressed through the Apostles Creed, which is a creedal summary of the Holy Bible. Through the Apostles Creed, we see that Christians believe in the doctrine of revelation from God, the Holy nature and attributes of God, and the unique doctrine of the Trinity. The core beliefs of Christianity provide a foundation to stand firm and a direction in which to run.... [tags: Christianity, God, Trinity, God the Father]
881 words (2.5 pages)
- Finance is a field that had always fascinated me right from my undergraduate college days. What make me interested in this particular field of study are the art of finance and the complexity of investment market which would allow me to employ my personal skills, such as analytical and communication skills, along with my personal characteristics such as dedication and compassion for what I do. As one of the most important sector in the world, I believe it would provide me with a broad range of career options.... [tags: Personal Statement Examples]
548 words (1.6 pages)
- Personal Statement A personal statement is a document required in education programs as well as when one is applying for a job. It is a document that is written to describe a person’s strength or weakness. It is therefore an important document that one must always have ready any time anywhere. Personal statements do not have to look the same. They may be written focusing on one’s interest for example a personal statement written specifically to apply for a specific job. What appears inside is what gives that person credibility on whether to get the job or not.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Statements, Want]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- Personal Statement Please discuss the following items in the order given. Briefly respond to all areas listed. 1. How was your interest in Pharmacy as a career developed. Since my early schooling days, science and mathematics have always fascinated me given that all components of the world are explained on the basis of these disciplines. In this regard, Pharmacy which is based on Chemistry and Mathematics has interested me a great deal as it has direct impacts on our daily lives. The more I have become familiar with the chemistry and mathematics knowledge involved in pharmacy, the more I have appreciated its significance in improving the lives of people in the community.... [tags: Admissions Statement]
1564 words (4.5 pages)
- I have been working as a parent liaison for the past 12 years a parent liaison is someone who works in the school system assisting parents with education in the parental field trying to help with computer skills phone skills and simple thing professional phone skills. I do daily attendance as I work with the school truancy department to make sure that the parents understand the important of education. I also coach college cheerleaders and teach dance. Just to live comfortable and it is very hard.... [tags: Personal Experience]
2255 words (6.4 pages)
- My Journey As A Mother
- Inflammation Of A Tendon And The Sleeve Of Tissue That Covers The Tendon Sheath
- Symptoms And Treatment Of A Health Care Provider
- Lab Report : Low Red Blood Cell Count ( Rbc ) And Low Haematocrit Level
- Adaptive Responsive Net Design Analysis
- The Role Of Advanced Practice Registered Nurses