Kinesiology: Helping People Live A Healthy Life
Kinesiology is the study of human movement also known as human kinetics. There are many types of careers in kinesiology, they include being a personal trainer, nursing, and coaching. All these jobs consist of helping people get to or get back to a physically healthy state. A personal trainer will help a person usually one on one to build up a healthy lifestyle by working out consistently and eating healthy to give the body the nutrients it needs to live a healthy life. The American Nurses Association states, “Nursing is the protection, promotion, and optimization of health and abilities, prevention of illness and injury, alleviation of suffering through the diagnosis and treatment of human response, and advocacy in the care of individuals, families, communities, and populations” (American Nurses Association). Coaches don’t only teach their players the sport they are playing but work ethic, dedication, and enthusiasm which help throughout their lives even if they don’t follow a career in the sport. People who have studied kinesiology have changed lives for many people, making them healthier, more active, and motivated.
My goal is to become a physical education teacher, preferably in a high school, and either coach or officiate sports, and also be an athletic trainer. Physical education teachers are responsible for the education K-12 in physical activity and psychomotor learning.
“The physical education class was once little more than an organized recess; however, physical education teachers now engage students in much more than game play. Recent developments have steered the physical education curriculum towards the goal of overall wellness and teachers now incorporate...
... middle of paper ...
...cusing too much on academics and not having enough time in the day for kids to have their amount of exercise. These problems are being fixed and hopefully we can have a healthier country so kids can live a longer and healthier life.
Physical education is important, not to just myself but to this entire world. Having the knowledge of being healthy can help every single person. Getting their may be difficult but it would definitely be worth going through that amount of trouble to help children and see them having fun. Teachers have one of the most important jobs in this world, as they are in charge of the next generation and the goal for physical education teachers is making this next generation live long, healthy, and happy lives. Physical education teachers have inspired me to follow their path and my goal is to inspire my students to pursue whatever it is they love.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Helping the Children in My Community My younger brother has proven himself to be a mastermind with Play-Doh. I've only recently noticed that he puts more work into a simple fish than I ever considered necessary when I was his age. I watched him as he developed a plan for a school project, a diorama of a scene from Charlotte's Web. He first thought about what he should do and decided on a depiction of Wilbur gazing up at Charlotte in her web. He gathered his materials and molded a pink pig and a black spider out of Play-Doh.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essay]
777 words (2.2 pages)
- I usually wake up at around 7:00 am. My actual alarm time is at 6:30 am but I always snooze it. In the holidays, I wake up around 12 o’ clock. My friends say that I am the laziest person in the world. The first thing I hear from my mum is, “You are late”. I will then stream downstairs for breakfast. My parents always say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. So I try my level best not to miss it. My mum really loves cooking, so I can have different varieties of breakfast everyday.... [tags: essay about myself, Personal Experience]
1310 words (3.7 pages)
- Silent Tears for Grandmother We wind along the country roads that are flanked by pine trees and freshly planted cornfields. Finally, we rumble up the long dirt driveway to the muted-red house, needing to be repainted and repaired. As the tires roll to a stop, I spring from the car and happily run into Nana’s outstretched arms, where a shower of kisses falls upon my blond-streaked braids. I hug Grampa around his knees, and he pats my head. After Mom and Dad have said their hellos, I hurry to the door that I proudly open on my own.... [tags: Personal Narrative Profile Essays]
2660 words (7.6 pages)
- Please imagine with me the following scene. An overjoyed new father who has just learned his family is being discharged from the hospital. His wife has just given birth to their new daughter a few days before and they are now taking her home. He thinks to himself, a baby girl, how am I going to raise a baby girl. As they are loading their personal belongings into the van, he sneaks a glimpse into his wife's eyes and whispers "I love you" in her ear. Once settled into the van, he decides to ask if they can take new baby Amy to the rink and show her off.... [tags: Personal Narrative, Personal Experience]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Helping Others Declining standards of living and continuing exportation of our jobs have resulted in rising stress levels for all Americans. This results in negative effects on our well being – mentally, physically and emotionally. Some people seek to reduce stress levels by using alcohol and drugs. Some overwork themselves, resulting in mental breakdowns. The pharmaceutical giants pocket billions of dollars a year from sales of tranquillisers, anti-depressants, barbiturates, amphetamines, and other psychoactive medications.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
782 words (2.2 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Joy in Helping the Homeless America's strong heritage with regard to allowing its citizens the right to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" has brought about a mindset that each person should work for his own benefit and personal pleasure. While there is nothing wrong with happiness and enjoying oneself, this route to seeking out joy will usually leave people empty-handed. A recent experience with a homeless man strengthened my belief that true, satisfying happiness comes not from working for one's own benefit but from serving others.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
1809 words (5.2 pages)
- I am a high school softball coach and a high school social studies teacher. The reason why I am coaching softball is because I love softball and would like to teach other people about the sport I love. One day I would like to see the girls I coach love softball as much as I do. Softball is not the only sport, but it is a part of my life and it is the game that I love. The reason why I would like to teach social studies is because social; studies is my favorite subject and I would like to teach my student how many people risked their lives and died forming our country.... [tags: personal narrative]
1571 words (4.5 pages)
- Success takes many different definitions. People have different interpretations of what success really means. For me is as simple as: living well and laughing often. The idea of living well is a very broad statement. Living well, in my opinion is getting success in personal, social and professional life. If I can achieve all of these three levels of success, I believe that I have lived well. Personal success for me is being able enjoy little things that life has to offer. For instance; understanding and appreciating diversity.... [tags: Personal Reflection, definition, narrative]
583 words (1.7 pages)
- ... This passion has stemmed from being an athlete and also seeing the health struggles of loved ones knowing if they had received the proper education; their lives could have been improved. The last third of the marathon I set-off on my final endeavor at Northwest Missouri State University. As time went on, I began to feel the effect of all the miles I had run and began to face more challenges along the way. The support and encouragement I have received from family, friends, teammates, coaches, and my academic advisors has been a huge blessing.... [tags: personal narrative]
1105 words (3.2 pages)
- Initial Reflective Essay When I first thought of what I wanted to do with my life after college, the first thing I thought of was helping people. The next step in deciding what I wanted to do with my life was to exam how I could accomplish this goal. I started pondering and I was thinking about how much I love to take care of my body. Health care and personal hygiene has always been an important factor in my life. So I decided to major in Health Science. With this major, I will be able to further my education in ways to be healthy and possibly learn how to help others.... [tags: College Reflection Personal Narrative]
1375 words (3.9 pages)