It is amazing how many things we take for granted. We make plans for the day, and don't think twice about how those plans can be taken away in the blink of an eye. I never thought much about it myself, until I was faced with the shock, and undeniable truth of my cousin's death. I don't think anyone really thinks about tragedy until they are actually faced with shocking news.
It was a bright and warm summer morning when I woke from a good night sleep. Nothing prepared me for the dark, gloomy and sad day ahead of me. You see, this was the day that my cousin and childhood best friend passed away in an auto accident.
Bright, intelligent, loving and caring 16 year old, these are words to describe her but let me to you how I seen her. From as early as I can remember her and I we...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I never thought this day would come. I mean, I did know it was coming, but I just never thought it would be this soon. Since birth, Lina has been my older sister, my companion, my confidant, and moreover, my best friend. As years passed, I acknowledged that we were getting older, and that the date of her departure was getting closer, yet, I did not want to believe it. Since last year, she had been in the exhausting process of applying to universities, and by the end of May, the University of New Orleans (UNO) granted her with a generous scholarship.... [tags: Personal Narrative, Personal Experience]
1168 words (3.3 pages)
- Personal Narative- Tough Girl She went to the land of Hollywood with a diamond wedding necklace hanging loosely from her neck like a noose before it gives its snapping goodbye. She went to the land of dreams with pride coloring her shadow; a haughty swing of her thick plait; and why not. Her name was Serina –she was named after a dream. Why not. I thought, though I cried the night before because she got the chance bestowed to her curvy hips, her white Colgate smile, her crystal blue eyes. And what about me.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
1367 words (3.9 pages)
- First thing is that you’re honestly going to be one of the best dads out there and your son should be static to call you his dad. Mr. Hopkins I have received wisdom and knowledge from you to succeed in life in whatever I set my mind to. I am so grateful for your presence. I have never felt this strong of a connection with any other teacher, adult, etc. Every conversation I have ever had with you has made me want to come back and keep talking with you. You have made a huge impact on my life that I will always remember.... [tags: personal narrative]
1600 words (4.6 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Coping with the Loss of a Friend Life always has a beginning and an end. Most people consider the end when someone is in their elderly age or is extremely ill. This is true a lot of the time, but not in the case of my best friend; Ryan “Rufus” Schmidt. Ryan Schmidt was the victim in a hit and run accident which left him in a coma. His family decided to pull the plug and so he died at age 19. This loss of life affected me deeply and was extremely hard for me to cope with. Through the experience of learning to cope, however, I learned a lot about life.... [tags: Personal Narrative Friendship Essay]
1094 words (3.1 pages)
- A Lesson in Saying Goodbye A guilty feeling surged through me as I snuck out of church early, but I could not wait any longer to show my friend, Jonathan, my new Chevrolet Cavalier. As I raced out of the parking lot, I heard ambulance sirens in the distance, and I felt a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach as if butterflies were fluttering around trying to get out. I paid the feeling no mind as I merged onto the interstate at Gray and headed toward Johnson City. Little did I know those sirens would change my life forever.... [tags: Personal Narrative Death Dying ]
1211 words (3.5 pages)
- Touring the World- Personal Narrative Surprisingly by age 50,my lucrative business lost its thrill, and I felt like it was time to move on and experience more of what life had to offer. I had enough of the problems and headaches of mainstream life and decided to sell my business to my husband. With a couple million dollars as pocket-money and a picture of my family, I moved to Jamaica where stress is low and " hakuna matata" is the national motto. I wanted to start my new life fresh. I found a perfect, cozy beach house that overlooked the white sand beach and the clear blue ocean.... [tags: Papers]
384 words (1.1 pages)
- My Holiday- Personal Narrative This was the boarding day itself, the day which I had been dreading for weeks but also ecstatic about. The day started early for me, getting up at four in the morning due to the fact that I couldn’t sleep that night. I felt mixed emotions as I was lying in bed, I was extremely excited for my vacation to Hong Kong since it was going to be my first ever holiday abroad. The fact that I would be flying on an aeroplane as well also made me feel petrified.... [tags: Papers]
722 words (2.1 pages)
- My Friend's Mom Has Cancer It was a beautiful summer day down in Phoenix and the first day of my junior year of high school. All of my friends were waiting for me outside on the wall, which is right outside of BigB’s. The wall on the side of BigB has a mural of the world with every color of peoples skin on it. I was in love with that mural throughout high school because it meant something to all of those who went to Alhambra. There are not any trees out there since it is Phoenix and the gravel always made my shoes look dull every Tuesday when I had to wear my JROTC uniform.... [tags: Personal Narrative Smoking Essays]
1129 words (3.2 pages)
- Being Biracial-Personal Narrative I was late for school, and my father had to walk me in to class so that my teacher would know the reason for my tardiness. My dad opened the door to my classroom, and there was a hush of silence. Everyone's eyes were fixed on my father and me. He told the teacher why I was late, gave me a kiss goodbye and left for work. As I sat down at my seat, all of my so-called friends called me names and teased me. The students teased me not because I was late, but because my father was black.... [tags: Papers]
891 words (2.5 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Meaningful Walk With a Friend It was a warm summer evening. The sun had already set and its brilliance still lingered in the sky, it seemed, much longer than usual. It was a wonderful night for a walk with my friend and our dogs. I waited for him at the usual spot, midway between our houses—the corner of Annesely and Bernwood. He was always at least five minutes late, but he always showed up. Brad emerged over the small hill on Bernwood. His back was towards the sunset, so his face was shadowed in the dusk, yet all of his unique behaviors were clearly visible.... [tags: Friendship Essay]
621 words (1.8 pages)