In order to accomplish my personal development project with my partner, many skills are preformed and included in the plan. One of the many skills that were used is perception checking. Perception checking is a tool for helping you understand others accurately instead of assuming that your first interpretation is correct (Adler & Proctor, 2014). This was an extremely important skill that needed to be used, because it is essential when trying to understand different perceptions. We both have completely different perceptions, and occasionally we have acted on our first reaction to a situation. When I applied this skill it felt robotic and not natural, but I have really improved on my way of integrating this skill. On countless occasions I used this skill when trying to find a solution, and most times it was successful. I used perception checks frequently to effectively communicate with my partner, and I was able to influence h...
... middle of paper ...
...attitude or rough tone with my boyfriend. I am realizing it is not fair for him or to myself to continue ignore my actions. I have also realized how much easier it is to communicate with each other when our moods are not effected by external factors. As I evaluate my development throughout the semester I am pleased with the current results, and with overall achievement. I feel we have to change together, and that is my true goal. I will continue to work on reactions and perceptions because I am aware that can cause great amounts of stress. Using specific skills such as the perception check and “I” statements will continue to give me a chance to gain a full understanding of the situation, and will allow me to choose my reactions wisely.
Adler, R. B., & Proctor, R.F. (2014). Looking out, looking in (14th ed.). Boston, MA: Wadsworth Cengage Learning.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction The purpose of the report is to meet work objectives to improve performance for future career development with realistic personal development plan that fits with our own preferred learning styles. Developing professional practice focus on the importance of continuous personal and professional development through self learning and reflection enables to enhance the skills required for their professional as well as personal effective management. Report enables to identify the personal swot analysis accordance with chosen career and to make a personal development plan to work out to achieve the career skills.... [tags: Customer relationship management]
705 words (2 pages)
- Customer Relationship Management it is a strategy used to learn more about customers behaviours and needs in order to improve strong relationship companies use to manage and analyse customer interactions and data throughout the customer lifecycle, with the goal of improving business relationships with customers, assisting in customer retention and driving slaes growth(Wu & Lu, 2012). CRM systems are designed to compile information on customers across different channels or points of contact between the customer and the company which could include the companys website, telephone, livechat, direct mail, marketing materials and social media.... [tags: Customer relationship management]
2152 words (6.1 pages)
- Innovative customer relationship management software (CRM) can become a robust tool to assist sales teams, customer service agents and other customer facing employees at your company. The challenge here is to choose the right one matching the specifics of your industry and business model, so that employees could use it as an automated personal assistant, benefit from getting an overall view of customers, sales pipeline and other necessary dates to help close more deals. CRM solution is the best tool a company could use to stay ahead of competition by providing exceptional customer service – it won’t let you forget to send a contract for signing, issue an invoice, or send a presentation to th... [tags: Customer relationship management]
1062 words (3 pages)
- Introduction Personal Development Plan (PDP) is a specific plan for your future in short-term of six months or twelve months. It is necessary that you have objectives set up for yourself, and plans and actions to be taken in order to achieve those objectives. Following PDP is a good way to improve yourself, and to acquire skills and knowledge. Therefore, it is advisable to continue doing PDP one after another. Also, PDP includes your CV, so you can update it with new experiences or skills acquired.... [tags: Personal Plan]
1400 words (4 pages)
- Considering the fast-paced global economy, and the dynamics of the modern day church, effective leadership practices are essential to the healthy growth of an organization (Blanchard, 2013). In addition, effective leadership practices are also conducive to creating passion amongst employees and customer devotion; thus, there is a direct parallel between the quality of an organization’s leadership, and whether or not an employee or customer remains loyal to an organization (Blanchard, 2013, para.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Leadership development]
1179 words (3.4 pages)
- Ethical behavior and development are traits and skills that are always improving. Although the skills are improving the basic make up remain the same. The ability to incorporate character, morals, and values encourage a person’s ability to enhance the ethical behavior of an individual. This paper will define the ethical system used to best develop a person, discuss the potential effect that can become beneficial to the corporate environment and explain why organizations need ethics within the company.... [tags: Business Ethics]
1060 words (3 pages)
- A close professional relationship with students has important, positive and long-lasting implications for students’ academic and social development. Improving students’ relationships with teachers well not solely produce gains in achievement but will attain higher levels of achievement than those students with no close relationship with teachers. When a student feels a personal connection with a teacher, has frequent conversations with a teacher, or even receives more guidance and praise, then that student is more likely to become more trustful of that teacher or show more engagement in the classroom or rooms.... [tags: academic and social development]
600 words (1.7 pages)
- Personal Development Plan This report is a personal development plan that shows an evaluation of current skills and knowledge that includes my strengths and weaknesses. Development is a lifelong of nurturing, shaping and improving an individual's skills, knowledge and interests to ensure my maximum effectiveness and adaptability, and to minimize the obsolescence of my skills and my chances of redundancy. It does not necessarily imply upward movement; rather, it is about enabling individuals to improve and use my full potential at each career stage.... [tags: Papers]
1162 words (3.3 pages)
- Improving the Inventory Process Abstract MMAS manufactures and distributes high-accuracy metering products to the North American utility, sub-metering and industrial markets. The company recently revamped its procurement processes, switching from offshore to domestic parts suppliers for some components to provide more flexibility in its supply chain. Workers at its 100,000 sq ft manufacturing and distribution facility were bogged down with a paper based, manual inventory management process. All inventory moves were written down and key entered into MAPICS on stationary desktop PCs, a time-consuming process that made it difficult to manage the company’s inventory of parts and finished prod... [tags: Automation Technology Business]
1946 words (5.6 pages)
- Relationship marketing is recommended as a strategy to overcome service intangibility (Berry 1983) and may be appropriate for "credence" services, that is, services that are difficult for customers to evaluate even after purchase and use (Zeithaml 1981). Many professional and financial counseling services are in this category. The buyer may have a relationship with a firm itself and/or a specific contact person, but personal relationships are believed to result in greater commitment (Liechty and Churchill 1979).... [tags: Business, Customer Service]
1204 words (3.4 pages)