The PC and the Mac have many factors that can be compared and contrasted. Walking through the computer store, a shopper can see the two side-by-side and begin to make conclusions. The Mac looks sleek and fancy with all sorts of different colors while a PC may appear to be nothing more than a vanilla-colored box. However, when the shopper looks around the store, it is easy to notice "that Mac titles aren't easy to find" (Kantor). Microsoft's operating system, Windows, is supported by many software developing companies, while only a small selection is made available to Mac owners. Something else someone might notice is that only Apple makes Macintosh computers, while many different companies can make a PC that supports Microsoft Windows. Taking a brief look at the interface of the systems, the Mac looks bubbly and "cute" while the Windows desktop tends to look more corporate or professional (Farmer, Harris, Kantor, Marks).
Let's look a littl...
... middle of paper ...
...list of companies while only Apple makes Macintosh computers. Both Macs and PCs are vulnerable to viruses, so one of Mac's few advantages is actually a myth.
It would seem that a personal computer has many advantages over a Mac. Therefore, it would make sense that PCs make up "95 percent or more of the market" (Kantor). By sticking with the majority, a user has easy access to people who are trained to repair their computer and to hardware and software selections (Kantor).
Due to of the reasons stated, a personal computer is a much better choice than a Macintosh computer for most consumers. People with certain needs may be happier with a Mac. However, the majority of consumers will find reliability and satisfaction in a PC. An educated shopper knows what they are personally looking for, and hopefully those who read this essay can confidently make their own choice.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Im a PC, and Im a Mac In a world where technology is vastly improving every year, It can be difficult to keep up with the latest gear. Most people want the best of the best when they are making a big purchase, so when buying a new computer it is important to remember to look at the facts and pay less attention to the adds. Manufacturers often slander their competitors, making it difficult to make an educated decision on your next computer purchase. Today there are two types of computer that dominate the market, PC (personal computer) and Macintosh (Mac for short).... [tags: operating systems, technology]
1144 words (3.3 pages)
- ... The computer gamers mostly drift towards PCs since they have a vast selection of recreational software for the Windows systems. Mac has expanded its contributions making sure it has the more popular games such as Starcraft, and world of warcraft, etc., yet still cannot compare to the PCs selection of games. Apple products are vertically integrated; the company makes its own hardware, software and accessories, and delivers the product whole to the consumer. Instead of making decisions about what components and software to use and then manually installing them, Mac users can simply power up their computers and use them right out of the box.... [tags: security level, operating systems]
2150 words (6.1 pages)
- According to the article, “ Are Books Better than Films?”, “Films can bring whole worlds to life before our eyes, make characters into living, breathing fleshing blood, but books let you live everything” (“Are Books Better than Films?”). Very often book lovers are unsatisfied with the movie adaption of their favorite book. No doubt there have been great book based movies but that does not take the place of reading the actual novel. Reading books is better than watching the movie. This is better because often the movie tends to misinterpret information, which changes the plot, and lack sufficient character development.... [tags: new images, overlook of materials]
1100 words (3.1 pages)
- Making this Summer Better than the Last-Personal Narrative It was one of those rare summer days when the heat actually felt good. There was only one week left before swim season started, and before Ben would be permanently pre-occupied with his determined attempts to beat the state record for the 200m butterfly. After arming herself with her three secret weapons: Binaca, her lucky tube of lipstick, and some cherry flavored lip gloss, Stacie stuck her "No Doubt," tape in her walkman and took off in pursuit of her goal for the moment, knowing she had no time to waste.... [tags: Papers]
548 words (1.6 pages)
- Rugby is Better than Sex An imitation of “Surfing is better than sex” I USED TO LOOK AT THE SENIOR BOYS PLAYING ‘THAT ROUGH’ GAME rugby and just wonder at the courage that they possessed. Never in my mind did I see myself as a rugby player. It is true I was bigger than many of the people on the team but that did not mean I had half the courage. That was way back in my first years at Budo high school. Then one day, a rugger by the name of Yustus reached out to me. “KESA”, he called out my nickname.... [tags: Personal Narrative Sports Athletics Papers]
2107 words (6 pages)
- Millions of people around the world have been questioning the statement, “Which is better, the individual or the society?” Many people debate this question today and even well known authors who have written novels and short stories about this topic. Many of these authors have proven their beliefs by warning their readers what the world could become if society is not controlled properly. In other words, if people rely on technology and equality too much in the future, then society will face multiple consequences that will affect many people’s lives.... [tags: freedom, equality, preston, bradburry]
769 words (2.2 pages)
- Advice - Is it Better to Give than to Receive. Advice and the language it’s given in can work only if the person in need of it can handle what is being said to them and accept it. Otherwise it just goes in one ear and out the other. Advice to me needs to be spoken in a calm and rational way or I tend not to listen to it. It can be advice from parents, relatives, friends, colleagues, or just about anyone, even myself. Advice given to me when I was younger was a lot different than when I got older.... [tags: Personal Narratives]
502 words (1.4 pages)
- Why Mac is simply better than PC My thesis is to show why Mac is better than PC. The debate has continued Mac vs. PC. Buying a Mac is like buying a Mercedes Benz it is quality and unique. Buying a PC well it’s like buying a bad copy of Mac. If your time has value you should use a Mac. There are hundreds and thosands of PC’s but they all are a waste of time and money. Tell your Windows friends that Windows 95/98 etc is a great graphical user interface, and it ought to be: It was borrowed from the Mac OS.... [tags: essays research papers]
616 words (1.8 pages)
- Windows vs. Macintosh Windows based computers are more practical, easier to use, and more versatile than Macintosh computers. There has always been much debate over which is the better system. There are people who are die-hard Macintosh users, and there are people who are the complete opposite, and naturally people sitting somewhere in between. The fact remains that the majority of home and business users own Windows based systems because of their versatility in all areas. More Practical Windows based computers are more practical for many reasons.... [tags: Compare Contrast Comparison Computers]
1112 words (3.2 pages)
- Prudence Mackintosh, a writer of both novels and magazines articles, was born and raised in Texarkana and now lives in Dallas where she raised her family. Mackintosh went to college at the University of Texas in the sixties. She wrote and still is writing about Texas womanhood and what it is like to be a mother in Texas. Prudence Mackintosh has influenced the world's perception of Texas and the rest of the West through her humorous writing about everyday life in Texas. Prudence Mackintosh has three sons who are grown up now that she raised in Highland Park.... [tags: essays research papers]
917 words (2.6 pages)