Generating an adequate and secure income to meet the needs of her family and employees.
Conducting business in both an ethical and fair manner.
Conserving natural resources and maintaining a healthy and sustainable environment.
And also providing an opportunity for her children to join the family business.
Not only did Annette have business goals in place, she also had some family goals. Some of these goals were:
For Annette and Jim to have the ability to spend as much time as possible with their kids.
And also to be able to enjoy leisure time as a family.
A resource is defined as something that is directly useful to a person or has value in some other way. On Annette’s dairy farm there are a number of resources which are vital to the running of her business. Some of the physical resources include:
$1.5 million worth of cows
1000 acres of land (valued at around $9000 per acre)
Skills and resources in employees are also very valuable to Annette, some of these include:
University experience and/or qualifications
Business management experience
... middle of paper ...
...ng to the cows in late summer, e.g. maize.
Various factors contribute to the success of farmers in the dairy system. These factors range from production to management and marketing practices. Annette’s dairy farm is successful for many reasons, this is because she uses diverse production systems and has many measures to control the cost on her farm. She also uses various marketing strategies to source the highest profit level for her milk each year and even season.
On Annette’s dairy farm there are always risks in her day-to-day operations which have to be managed. Some of these include:
Technical risks, for example production and yield risks. Which are affected by climatic factors, diseases etc.
Financial risks. This includes changes in interest rates, ability to meet their debt repayments, their finance availability, and changes in the value of land prices etc.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The organization of a company in this fast paced and changing business world is a critical factor for success. Organization alone will not dictate how successful a company will become but it does speak volumes about the company 's ethics and professional beliefs. This allows employees feel a sense pride in their job and most importantly makes the customer feel a sense of confidence in the company 's ability to perform. Organization is defined in the simplest form by the managementhelp.org website as a person or group of people that are intentionally brought to together to achieve a common goal or set ot of goals (managementhelp.org, McNamara).... [tags: Management, Small business, Business]
710 words (2 pages)
- Northcentral University has many valuable resources that are available for students; yet the most important resource I took advantage of during the first week was meeting the mentors and my advisor. Meeting the Dean of the School of Business and Technology Management as well as other staff members during week one of the doctorate program was inspiring. Seeing the Dean and the NCU mentors face to face and hearing them speak about themselves made me realize they had once been doctorate students too; their wisdom and vision encouraged me.... [tags: Education]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- The most important quality of a married couple is love. Attitudes and responsibilities are some important factors for the development of a good marriage. Building a happy marriage is the result of conscious effort on the part of a husband and wife. A lifelong union, that people bound together by a bond of love, which is spiritual as well as physical, can be considered marriage. Marriage is socially recognized and approved union between individuals, who give to one another with the expectation of a secure and lasting personal relationship.... [tags: Marriage Success]
1932 words (5.5 pages)
- What Accounts for Andy Garafallo’s Success in the Restaurant Business. Andy Garafallo brings his Italian heritage to life in his restaurant- Venetian murals, gondolas, and potted lemon trees stir up fond memories that bring together Garafallo’s passion and business success. Garafallo’s self-confidence is an important factor in his leadership style and his business success. Leadership entails influencing others, and self-confidence helps the leader to believe that his attempts to influence others are appropriate (Northouse, 2010).... [tags: Business Management ]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- When it comes to any type of organization, each organization in order for them to come together and achieve any type of company organization goals it is super important that planning to achieve that goal for the success of the business to takes place. If communicating and coming together to create a plan for the goal doesn’t happen it can be very difficult for the organization to get to where they would like to be. The reason why plans are put into play is for come together and develop as a team a purpose for the goal and directions to head in order to make the goal.... [tags: Customer service, Customer, Personal trainer]
1806 words (5.2 pages)
- Personal Goal My personal goal as a student at the University of Phoenix is to obtain a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management within the next two years. This goal is very important to me because of the impact it will have on my family, work and personal life. In my family it will set a positive example for my daughters, grandchildren, and youngest sister. My family has been a source of support throughout my years in college as I have pursued this degree while maintaining a full time job.... [tags: essays research papers]
843 words (2.4 pages)
- 1. Executive Summary 1.0 Business Concept Northern Sierra Security is the place to go in the greater Sacramento/ Capital area where the well known, rich and petrified can go to get a friendly yet terrifying faces to help secure them. This company is an upscale security company for the neurotic who might be in need of some securing. Our goal is to create an atmosphere that is a safe and sound environment for you, your family, your residence and or place of work. We will provide state of the art private residential, building or personal security, with up to date security devices as well as being able to grant you with uniformed and plain clothes officers.... [tags: Business Case Studies]
1708 words (4.9 pages)
- Success Everyone’s vision of success differs. Wealth, happiness, and fame are all the stereotypical aspirations of the common person’s so-called “American Dream.” My American dream encompasses more of the first two aspects than anything else. Happiness is the most important; without happiness, wealth and fame are useless. Without happiness, success cannot exist; it is your own personal gauge of accomplishment. If you cannot look at yourself in the mirror and evaluate your own life a success, then why should anyone else consider you successful.... [tags: American Dream Essays Papers]
513 words (1.5 pages)
- There are many personal characteristics that can affect a person as an individual and his professional success, namely openness, ability to learn and adapt etc. These personal characteristics can sometimes make a person successful and sometimes doesn’t. As I spend more and more time as a professional, I perceive that there are few characteristics that are essential for professional success: namely ambitious, creative and adaptable. These characteristics come out in many different ways. Have you set your goals.... [tags: success, career, goals]
713 words (2 pages)
- ~~”If one advances confidently in the direction of their dreams, and endeavors to lead a life which they have imagined, they will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” – Henry David Thoreau What is success. Is it the process of doing a task and receiving a positive result, or is it simply achieving ones own personal goals. One’s ability to succeed in life is almost directly related to an image of the perception of what success is. Many of America's most successful businessmen, such as J.P.... [tags: essays research papers]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- Do Cell Phone And Computer Make People 's Lives More Complicated?
- Samsung Electronic Company : A Brand Transformation Within Seven Years Under Leadership Of Chairman Kun Hee Lee
- Constructivism : Teaching And Learning Mathematics
- Media Influence On Adolescents And Adolescents
- Using Apex Data Load Data Loading
- My View On A Railway Platform