... middle of paper ...
DrugFacts: Anabolic Steroids." National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
Web. 27 May 2014. <http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/anabolic-steroids>.
"Performance Enhancing Drugs in Sports Fast Facts." CNN. Cable News Network, 6 Mar. 2014.
Web. 27 May 2014. <http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/06/us/performance-enhancing-drugs-in-sports-fast-facts/>.
Sanchez, Ray, and Adam Reiss. "Alex Rodriguez drops lawsuits, accepts 162-game suspension."
CNN. Cable News Network, 9 Feb. 2014. Web. 27 May 2014. <http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/07/us/alex-rodriguez-lawsuit/>.
Woerner, Amanda. "MLB players' use of performance enhancing drugs comes with serious
health risks." Fox News FOX News Network, 6 Aug. 2013. Web. 27 May 2014. <http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/08/06/mlb-players-use-performance-enhancing-drugs-comes-with-serious-health-risks/>.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Athletes taking PEDs is just like sitting in school taking a test and not be able to figure out and answer to a question and seeing classmates cheating,taking out their phone,looking at others paper, and having cheat sheets. Most people have had this happen in their lives just like athletes most athletes are hard workers but you come across a few so called athletes who use performance enhancing drugs to improve there game which are illegal. The use of performance enhancing drugs is an unlawful shortcut which helps body muscle grow faster without effort and it also helps with muscle endurance.The use of this substance is increasing instead of decreasing.... [tags: Performance Enhancing Drugs]
1177 words (3.4 pages)
- Performance enhancing drugs or PEDs have become all too prevalent in sports today. It seems like every time Sport’s Center or any sports program airs there is all something mentioned about PEDs. Some people say that they make the game more exciting and some say that it is cheating. Performance enhancing drugs have always tainted modern sports due to the types of steroids, athletes that use them, and widespread use. Performance enhancing drugs are drugs that do exactly what they sound like. They enhance people’s performances.... [tags: drug abuse, dna, sports]
1560 words (4.5 pages)
- ... These drugs do have some medical uses but are carefully controlled when used for medical reasons and are illegal unless used in accordance with a prescription. Efforts are being constantly being made to ensure that sports can once again be played with true sportsmanship spirit. It is for countries and Participants to help in jointly maintaining the pride of participation and competition. Pressure is placed on athletes to perform better. The fierce competitive nature of the real sports world in with the peoples excellence has caused athletes to seek alternative means to enhance their performance.... [tags: football players, spirit, performance]
740 words (2.1 pages)
- ... There are several possible effective solutions to prevent future use of PEDs in professional sports. The first possible solution is increased use of blood testing as opposed to other testing methods such as urine tests. Blood testing has been introduced to professional tennis and has been shown to be much more effective than urine testing and has been able to catch more doping cases as well (Robson). Blood tests are known to be the most efficient testing method for catching PED users (Robson).... [tags: performance enhancing drugs, doping]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- People talk about the great players that have played before, Lawrence Taylor, Babe Ruth, Muhammad Ali, Wayne Gretzky, and Michael Jordan. These players were amazing athletes who played the game they loved every day. These legends would give one hundred and ten percent every time they stepped onto the field, into the court, or onto the rink. One thing we do not associate with these players is the use of any illegal substances to boost their level of play. But today we have gold medalists being stripped of their Olympic medals, players facing a lifetime ban, and every day another athlete being suspended for a shorter period of time.... [tags: Professional Sports, Athletes, Steroids]
1438 words (4.1 pages)
- The topic for my stakeholder research paper is performance enhancing drugs. My research is the affects of performance enhancing drugs on athletes and how it affects society. The stakeholders for the research paper are the professional athlete, the college athlete, governing bodies and the fan. The effects of drug use on the professional athlete can cost them their career and also their lives. The college athlete wants to become the fastest or the biggest and nevertheless don’t view performance enhancing drugs as dangerous.... [tags: performance enhancing drugs, athletes, ]
487 words (1.4 pages)
- Since the dawn of the twenty-first century, performance enhancing drugs have become a religious practice in “the lives of some sport figures.” The use of these supplements have given athletes an edge to perform at maximum capability. Most major athletes all agree on the fact that the competitive drive is intensely fierce. Despite all, most athletes have high hopes of attaining prestigious awards, a full ride college scholarship or the once in a lifetime opportunity to play for a professional team.... [tags: Performance Enhancing Drugs, drugs, Athletes,]
928 words (2.7 pages)
- Since the dawn of the twenty-first century, performance enhancing drugs have become a religious practice in “the lives of some sport figures.” The use of these supplements have given the user an edge, an edge to perform at maximum capability. Most major athletes all agree on the fact that the competitive drive to win can be quite intense. Besides the satisfaction of personal accomplishment, athletes commonly pursue high hopes of attaining a medal, a college scholarship or the once in a lifetime opportunity to play on a professional team.... [tags: Performance Enhancing Drugs, steroids, sports, ]
1042 words (3 pages)
- It is NFL Sunday and you are ready to see some of your favorite athletes to go head to head on the grid iron. However, you notice something a little different your favorite athlete seems to be more aggressive and his body has changed substantially. That famous athlete that you know and adore was caught for taking performance enhancing drugs that was the reasoning for your unanswered questions about his odd transformations. Bigger, better, stronger each professional athlete tries to achieve that when they are preparing to compete in their sport, but there are some that get a little help to be better, bigger, and stronger.... [tags: athletes, nfl, illegal substance]
2029 words (5.8 pages)
- Opening day isn’t even here yet, and already we have enough controversy to last us the whole season. At a time when we’d much rather be thinking about the smell of fresh cut grass, hot dogs and pennant dreams, we’re forced to deal with a far darker issue. Now more than ever, there is alarming suspicion concerning apparent steroid drug use in Major League Baseball. As an avid baseball watcher and player of the game for twelve years this scandal is of great concern to me. In the time to come I will be informing you of how steroid use has tarnished baseball’s image, allowed for more records to be broken unfairly and the harmful effects it has on your body.... [tags: Baseball Performance Enhancing Drugs]
747 words (2.1 pages)