I had gone to a wedding the month of October. I had gone to plenty of Hispanic weddings before but this was my first “white” wedding. I was in a location with people I had never interacted other than my coworkers as well as an environment I was unfamiliar with. I didn’t realize this setting was going to be the event I would use for my final project.
The wedding was on a Sunday to begin with. Traditionally, weddings are done on Saturdays. I didn’t know whether this ceremony would end early or late. I had no clue what I was going to do since I always went to weddings with my family. Normally these weddings would be loud and full with music and I was completely aware that this wedding would be something different due to the mixed cultures between the bride and groom.
The ceremony was to be Brittany’s and Marvin’s wedding. Brittany is white and her new husband is Brazilian. The ceremony didn’t start until 3 and the church was going to be at a hotel and the reception at a restaurant. I work with Brittany at Islands and she only invited maybe around 10 people from work to go to her wedding. I got ready at my friend Lexi’s house. She had asked me in advance to get ready at her place. I had a couple other co-workers get ready together at each other’s houses. I’m assuming girls my age getting ready together for an event is so they feel accompanied and don’t worry about looking like a loner when they arrive. Lexi and I got to the hotel and we walked in to the wedding together. People showed up in groups. I didn’t see a single person who walked in on their own. There were mostly dyads at the event. It was mostly couples with no children. My manager, George, and his wife had gone together. There was also a couple sitting in front of u...
... middle of paper ...
...gement. At Islands if there’s ever an issue, it’s best to get the managers and have them figure out whether the guest gets a free meal or a gift card for their next visit.
The similarities between my two examples are that people help each other out and feel better when they do so. This is due to conformity. Whether it is getting ready together or cleaning at work together, communication and interaction between people is important. Better results come from working out together as a team. Sometimes, we need someone to help us better our self-esteem and do something to make us appreciate the things they do for us. They’re will be times, we’re someone’s more important or more of a favorite but then again it all depends on the role we are doing. Our actions determine our behavior. The nicer you are, the more people will help you out and take you as a consideration.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I’ve always been fascinated on how popular culture glorifies credit cards. What fascinates me about credit cards the most is that they are so powerful that they can turn you life around and help you live the life you had always dreamed of. Credit cards appear to be an insignificant piece of plastic, but they are more powerful that what they appear to be. Owning a credit card opens up doors to different worlds, especially when you own more than one credit card. Marketers always announce the glories, convenience, and safety issues of owning a credit card, but what they never tell you is that you must be vigilant on how you use your credit card/s because you may end up stuck in a world you wis... [tags: Finance]
1785 words (5.1 pages)
Chapter Excellence Survey Results : How Can Your Position Help Your Council Position With Other Competing Obligations?
- 1.) Please list all positions you have held in Kappa Delta, both past and present, including appointed positions, committees and council. • Shamrock Committee 2.) Based on the chapter excellence survey results, how can your position help the chapter improve in the three lowest-ranked chapter excellence areas. 3.) Council members are held to a higher standard. If you were to assume a council position, how would you hold yourself to that higher standard throughout your entire term. • If I were to assume a council position, I would continue to hold myself to the standard of striving for that which is honorable, beautiful, and highest.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Better, Sacrifice]
904 words (2.6 pages)
- w did you feel during the Bafa Bafa activity when you visited the other culture. The experinece that I had during that class gave me some perspectives about how different culture can exist together harmoniously. One of the most efficient way is to develop the communication methos between the one and the other culture. Through Bafa Bafa activity I had a chance to recognize that we really need an efficient way to overcome the differnces such as languages, customs, and cluture. At that time I was very feeling uncomfortable to talk with someone who used weired languages in order to trade some numbers between me and others.... [tags: Culture, The Culture, Patient, Medicine]
717 words (2 pages)
- ... As a result, CPS Energy decided to implement the “Magellan Program,” which included the deployment of smartphones amongst staff. This initiative assisted CPS Energy in many ways, it helped to speed up the purchase order process, there was faster order times for supply chain buyers, the supply chain management was more proactive, there was a decrease in time spent to close purchasing and procurement deals, inventory levels were reduced, employee and customer satisfaction levels increased and time spent on service calls was decreased, leading to happier customers.... [tags: better communication, customer relationship]
1486 words (4.2 pages)
- 1. Identify and describe in detail at least four areas that you have improved in your informative speech from your other speaking opportunities (you have all improved in many more than four areas – identify at least four). RESPONSE 1: One major area that I have improved in my informative speech was the voice. After evaluating my presentation, I noticed that I used a vocal variety which add a great impact to my speech. Another area I improved was the pace during my speech. In my pass presentation, I would start off slow then fast, slow then fast, and then repeat that same process repeatedly.... [tags: Better, Improve, Nonverbal communication]
882 words (2.5 pages)
- Do you like making your own decisions. Or would you like to be healed instantaneously when you get hurt. Throughout history, technology has advanced so much ad allowed people to learn a lot more then what they could before we had all this technology. Some of those advancements have allowed to cure diseases, promote healthier lifestyles, and even opened up more jobs. There have also been some advancements that have led to death and disaster. So the movie transcendence, is trying to show that with the use of technology anything is possible.... [tags: Thing, English-language films, Emotion, Feeling]
1075 words (3.1 pages)
- Where education philosophy is headed There has been a lot growth in types of schools that are offered to children. One of the newest ideas is called a free school. With the growing number of open minded adults wanting to foster a more creative community, schools have begun adopting similar attitudes. There are free schools around the nation that help kids become more creative and embrace their imagination, this reminded me of Piaget. Piaget touches on this topic, “As he said in the interview, “You cannot teach concepts verbally; you must use a method founded on activity.” He favored education based on cognitive processes rather than cognitive products.” (Hopkins, 2011).... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, History of education]
1600 words (4.6 pages)
- “I really wish we didn’t have to take a math classes in college,” said Eva. “The ideas are all hard for me to understand. It’s like my brain doesn’t work that way.” Eva is like many college students, woefully unprepared for college math and classes that involve math. Many teachers witness this struggle within their classroom and students, requiring future changes to be made. However, the field of education is constantly evolving. Whether it is because of the introduction of new technology or even new ways of teaching itself, teachers need to be innovators.... [tags: technolgoy, innovators, science]
677 words (1.9 pages)
- All Children Matter No child can be given a better opportunity than the other, each and everyone of them deserves the same amount of opportunity. Low income students along with their parents have been stereotyped and have been expected to make less progress in school than middle or upper class students. All students need an equal amount of attention, motivation, and comfort in a classroom to be successful academically. However, often low income students may be denied the attention they may to be successful.... [tags: Education, School, Stereotype, Teacher]
1043 words (3 pages)
- Love and Hate in "Since there's no help, come let us kiss and part." "There's a thin line between love and hate" describes the theme of Michael Drayton's sonnet "Since there's no help, come let us kiss and part." Unlike most love sonnets, which talk about the many intricacies of love, Drayton's poem discusses the end of love and its possible recovery. This Shakespearean sonnet consisting of 14 lines can be subdivided into 3 parts. In each part, the poet uses a different voice. He uses 1st person in the first part, 3rd person in the 2nd part and 2nd person in the last part.... [tags: Since there's no help come let us kiss]
2252 words (6.4 pages)
- Stephen Ambrose's To America: Personal Reflections of an Historian
- Taking a Closer Look at Reaction Rate
- Kuwait Oil Tankers Company
- Reaction to an Exception in the Norm: A Personal Experiment
- Modern Ways to Bully Others: Cyberbullying
- The Role Governments Had in Developing Technologies in the Asia Pacific Countries