I would like to submit my application for the Online Campus Dean position at the Chicago School. I have more than 13 years of higher education experience while leading enrollment units at a variety of institutions, most recently working with online adult learners. I am interested in your position because I believe in access to quality higher education for all students, and I have dedicated my career to the values of education, service, and community. My experience as a change agent has positively impacted the culture of admissions and enrollment teams through my ability to build cohesive groups, solve problems, think critically, maximize technology, collaborate with diverse constituents, and make tough decisions. I find myself in a unique position having developed and executed strategic recruitment and enrollment plans at uniquely different colleges while serving adult learners, under-represented minority populations, and traditional high ability students. Thriving as a leader in higher education, I enjoy collegial environments that promote innovative and entrepreneurial systems to create undergraduate and graduate program access to a wide audience of students. At the Chicago School, you are looking for an agile leader to develop long-term strategies for your online campus enrollment goals, and I have direct admissions and enrollment experience to develop a plan. My passion is serving a diverse student body, and I believe that my enrollment experience in higher education will allow me to be a valuable asset to your team.
Most recently I served as Assistant Vice-President of Regional Locations at University of Maryland University College, where I managed a P&L budget of over $2.8 million while directi...
... middle of paper ...
... recognized score optional admission policy. I planned nationwide recruitment travel for the admission’s recruitment team of professional staff and volunteers. As Director, I also co-chaired the file review committee alongside the Executive Director of Admissions, where I was responsible for the file review of over 15,000 freshmen applications.
I have led teams with competence and vigor at each institution I have served; I increased the profile of the freshmen class at Norfolk State; at George Mason I worked closely with a diverse, competitive, high-achieving body of students; moreover, directed a student-centric advising staff at UMUC, while also increasing hybrid and online student enrollment. I hope to gain the opportunity to interview and engage in conversation as to why I’m the right candidate for the Online Campus Dean position.
Kevin M. Holmes
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In an era of declining regard for education among the general populace, I see the position of Associate Dean in the KSOEHD as an opportunity to make a difference in improving programs for our students and, in turn, reversing some of the negative sentiment our profession is experiencing. The application guidelines include the following expectations for the position: • A prior record of successful development and implementation of programs or special projects involving multiple constituencies • A creative thinker and consultative communicator with excellent problem solving skills • Demonstrated ability to link effectively with P-16 colleagues • Ability to promote opportunities for faculty and... [tags: Personal Statement]
1229 words (3.5 pages)
- Research Methods To learn more about the evening daycare issue, I used a variety of resources. A preview of the sources I used is listed below. 1. Interview with Carol Garcia, Dean of Student Services at Sheridan College. 2. Survey Sheridan College students that have daycare aged children. 3. Research requirements for an on-campus daycare 4. Research other community colleges with evening daycares. Each task is further explained below. Task 1: Interview with Carol Garcia Carol Garcia is the Dean of Student Services at Sheridan College.... [tags: College, University, Day care, Community college]
2053 words (5.9 pages)
- In today’s society, with all of new technological advances and new electronic devices, traditional brick and mortar classrooms could be considered obsolete within a decade or more. Public and private universities are offering online education options, with classes anyone can take from anywhere in the country without being restricted to a college campus. However, from prior knowledge relating to online classes, I realize that traditional instructors may not believe in the potential that online education can provide to students.... [tags: Education, Higher education, University]
1339 words (3.8 pages)
- In today’s society, with all of the new technological advances and new electronic devices, traditional brick and mortar classrooms could be considered obsolete within a decade. Public and private universities are offering online education options, with classes students can take from anywhere in the country and world for that matter, without being restricted to a college campus. Some professors are applauding the online education system as a way towards educating our individuals, while others believe that online courses do not adequately keep a level of education needed for jobs in the workforce.... [tags: Higher education, Education, Adult education]
1338 words (3.8 pages)
- Some weeks ago I overheard a debate of two high school graduates on their learning in the college or going directly to the business world for earning money. The first guy argues that, nowadays, if he doesn’t have a college degree, it is difficult for him to get a job with a reasonable salary. He must spend four years in the college to pursuit his dream: “becoming an engineer.” The other guy replied that his family is getting a difficult economies situation, so he cannot spend four years at a college to get a degree.... [tags: Higher education, High school, University]
1154 words (3.3 pages)
- Today, more and more colleges are offering courses to students that are entirely online. Students who are drawn to online courses include students working full-time jobs, students who would prefer a private study environment or students who find that online courses are easier than traditional courses. Most people have very busy lives, thus not leaving much time for anything else. Many of these people would like to have the time to return to school for different reasons (i.e. earning a higher degree, taking a class on something they enjoy, etc.).... [tags: Virtual learning environment, E-learning]
1063 words (3 pages)
- Hello All, I visited the Fremont High School campus in Sunnyvale today as they were having their Flex period. I was fortunate to have the principal, Bryan Emmert, walk me around the entire time and talk about the process; I then met with a few teachers afterwards to get their insights. I’ll just jot down a few things for now to get the conversation going … -They use the TeachMore software for the student ID cards; and based on the website, it looks like San Mateo Union also uses them, but I am not sure if Aragon does.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Rooms]
1092 words (3.1 pages)
- Today there are many options available for schooling. There are plenty of schools to choose from, some with many locations. Students also have the option to choose their schedule at most schools. One other decision that would have to be made is between online courses and on campus courses. While online courses are convenient, courses held in a classroom setting may be more beneficial for learning. Many students take online classes because of their busy schedules. What most students don’t realize is that it takes the same amount of effort or more to maintain a good grade in the course.... [tags: Virtual learning environment, E-learning]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- I was born in Vancouver and was raised in the city of Surrey, where I currently live. I have many interests such as sports, food, computers and music. When I’m not at school, some of my favourite hobbies include playing basketball with friends, working out at the gym and watching comedy movies. My parents are both from India and moved to Canada in their teenage years. I also have two younger brothers. Growing up I spoke Punjabi at home as it is my mother tongue and I have been taught to believe in Sikh values and beliefs.... [tags: High school, College, Education, Computer]
714 words (2 pages)
- In this research paper I will be talking about Walter Dean Myers. I will be talking about his life from when he was born, until his life in the present day. This paper will inform you alot on Walter Dean Myers. Walter Milton Myers was born August 12, 1937 in Martinsburg, West Virginia but he was raised in Harlem. His father's name was Geoorge Ambrose and his birth mother's name was Mary Myers. Walter Myers was an only child. He didn't really know his family.Walters mother died when he was very young, about 3 years old.... [tags: Writer Author Walter Dean Myers Biography]
1222 words (3.5 pages)