Nonprofit Organization Website
Accion East Inc. (2014). 2014 Annual Report. Retrieved from http://www.accioneast.org/Uploads/FileManager/Annual%20Report/Accion%20East%202014%20Annual%20Report.pdf on January 26, 2016
Accion East is a non-profit organization that holds small businesses in high esteem, regarding them as important to an efficient local community. They provide small business owners with financial assistance to make their business goals come to fruition. This document offers client breakdowns, client stories, their impact, growth and 2014 financial summary. It reports loaning over 8 million dollars in 2014, nearly 1 million more than the previous year. 85% of their clients reported that their business was stabilized or their household was improved. 97% of those who took a loan kept their business open. Just a single loan from this non-profit can grow 4 jobs. In 2014, they logged 15,000 hours of one-on-one business assistance with their 8,000 education participants. This document provides demographic information, breakdown down the clients’ ethnicities, genders, industries, and locations. For example, 57% of those being helped are male, 43% female. The main category assisted is the service industry (43%). The main ethnic group represented in clients is Latin Americans (43%). This document is persuasive because not only does it outline the organizations goals, but it shows readers how they have accomplished these goals. The main source of their support efforts are through loans. They provide statistics on how those loans, with the right people and support, cascade to successful small businesses. Accion East is part of the Accion U.S. Network and has been serving business owners since 1991. In the...
... middle of paper ...
...ike Schak who stared in 1999. It was very difficult to learn the tax code and file taxes appropriately. Even if small businesses have multiple employees tax work will end on the owners shoulders if they do not a have a specific employee that handles it or outside help. Schak had to spend nearly 35 hours learning the tax code and finishing his taxes by hand. It then goes on to mention one of the non-profit organization another member of my group chose, called SCORE. They provide help not only with loans, but with business financing. A small business owner could be an audience member’s parent, friend, or even themselves in the future. It also shows that people really to rely on these non-profits to run their businesses smoothly. This article is credible because it was published in a well-respected city newspaper, provides business information from the interviewee.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Starting a nonprofit organization that benefits animals requires two very important things, an animal lover and a plan. The normally overwhelming decision of where to start is directly noted by my combined research and equips the animal lover with ample knowledge and a five-step plan of action. The first step to starting a nonprofit animal welfare organization is research; buying a “how to” book is a good place to start. In the article “How to Start Your Own Animal Welfare Nonprofit” Bill Hamilton suggests The California Nonprofit Handbook by Anthony Mancuso.... [tags: helping animals, nonprofit organization]
975 words (2.8 pages)
- A Critique of “OPEC” – The Website OPEC stands for “Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries” and is comprised of the largest oil-producing nations of the world. Through OPEC, these Member Countries work together to control the price and availability of oil--one of the most significant commodities in today’s worldwide economy. Founded in September of 1960 with headquarters in Vienna, the OPEC organization is currently comprised of twelve member countries (History of OPEC, 1). OPEC’s mission is defined in a formal organizational statute that identifies their role “to coordinate and unify the petroleum policies of its Member Countries and ensure the stabilization of oil markets in order t... [tags: Website Review]
1784 words (5.1 pages)
- Nonprofit organizations are firms that are developed to cater for specific issues affecting the community. Unlike profit-based organizations, non-profit organizations rely on relief funds and grants from well-wishers to fulfill their promises (Bradach, Tierney & Stone, 2008; Hitt, Ireland, Sirmon & Trahms, 2011). Nevertheless, creating, planning, and managing a nonprofit organization are critical factors for the success of the organization. Once the nonprofit organization has been formed, the community benefiting from this organization becomes reliant on this organization to improve their livelihood.... [tags: funds, nonprofit organization, homeless]
1730 words (4.9 pages)
- The nonprofit sector is complex. An organization must adhere to a strong mission, understand the needs of the people they serve with continual governance and implementation of that mission in order to be effective and successful. I enjoyed interviewing Mrs. Linda Christy: Executive Director of Habitat for Humanity Bulloch County. Throughout the interview, I could see what I’ve learned in class was exactly what nonprofits were experiencing out in the field. A nonprofits success depends on its governance, programs and central administration as well as its effective collaboration efforts between its clients, donors, board, committee and volunteers.... [tags: Non-profit organization, Non-profit organizations]
1119 words (3.2 pages)
- Peace in the Middle East There will never be peace in the Middle East. The idea of peace in a certain region is a silly notion. What region has truly ever known peace. Allow me to rephrase my thesis: There will never be peace in the Middle East as long as western powers intervene into Arab affairs. It is common knowledge that throughout history western powers have colonized, occupied, and exploited indigenous people in the name of national interest, national security, and manifest destiny. The Middle East is not exempt.... [tags: Middle East]
1981 words (5.7 pages)
- Blogger vs. WordPress the Winner Revealed There are so many website hosting platforms and websites available on the internet for blogging purposes and many others. Two very eminent names which come to mind when it comes to blog hosting is Blogger and WordPress. Since newbies find it very difficult as to which of these two to choose, it is very imperative for everybody who would love to own a blog get know the differences in features that they both share and have. They both have some features which clearly differentiate them and clearly make one win when it comes to which of them is the best.... [tags: Blog, Blogger, Website, Pyra Labs]
932 words (2.7 pages)
- We are a website development company that is focused solely on the quality of our work and the efficiency of our website design and development operations performed by our experienced design teams. We offer a wide variety of website development options guaranteed to be effective in making your website stunning and captivating to any customers or visitors that you may receive. Professional Web Design Company Web applications are continuing to expand and have become more complicated than they once were.... [tags: Website, Web design, World Wide Web, Design]
741 words (2.1 pages)
- “If you want to understand today, you have to search yesterday,” quoted Pearl Buck. Most everyone has a time in their life where history becomes important to them. Whether that be tracing back family heritage, writing a research essay, or just out of curiosity. All and all, history is very influential to people’s lives and what better way to learn about history then to visit the website “Image Archive on the American Eugenics Movement.” This credible website offers an opportunity for the public to learn more about our American history in an interactive and creative way.... [tags: Website Review, Reliable Sources]
973 words (2.8 pages)
- A Website Analysis on the Reformation of Marijuana Laws NORML, or the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws, founded in 1970, is a non profit, public interest advocacy group which fights for those Americans who oppose marijuana prohibition and want an end to arresting responsible marijuana smokers. In its website, the organization states that its mission is to “move public opinion sufficiently to achieve the repeal of marijuana prohibition so that the responsible use of cannabis by adults is no longer subject to penalty” (NORML website).... [tags: Internet Website Legalization Marijuana Essays]
1306 words (3.7 pages)
- Nonprofit Organizations I. Introduction: Why do Nonprofit organizations exist and what do they do. II. Planning in Nonprofit organizations 1. The importance of planning 2. Steps in planning a. setting goals b. identifying the needs of those whom the goals will serve c. developing and defining specific role and mission of organization d. specific organizational objectives e. setting priorities f. measuring results III. Budgeting Nonprofit organizations 1. Importance of budgeting 2.... [tags: Papers Not for Profit Business Essays]
2061 words (5.9 pages)