Spring Break is one of the most anticipated vacation breaks during a college student’s academic calendar. Depending on what area of the country, spring break is usually ranges from late February to early April, when North American college students break away from their day-to-day lives on campus and migrate to a popular spring break hot spot. Research has showcased that the “college spring break phenomenon” in the United States has been recognized for “excessive” behavior of students while visiting involves a tremendous consumption of alcohol, drugs, increased sexual activity and other hedonic conduct (Josiam, Hobson, Dietrich & Smeaton, 1998; Sonmez et all, 2006). Thousands of spring breakers flood into vacation hot spots with millions of dollars being exchanged between students, bars, hotels, restaurants and retailers. A sliver of the community reaps the benefits of the tourism dollar but all the residents at the spring break destinations are plagued with huge crowds, traffic jams, r...
... middle of paper ...
...rr, N. (2002). Anatolia: An International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, 13(1), 49-62.
4. Getz, D. (1994). Tourism Management.
5. Gu, M., & Wong, P. (2006). Tourism Geographies.
6. Josiam, B. M., Hobson, J. S., Dietrich, U. C., & Smeaton, G. (1998). Tourism Management.
7. Lankford, S. V. (1994). Journal of Travel Research, 32(3), 35-43.
8. Long, P. T., Perdue, R. R., & Allen, L. (1990). Journal of Travel Research, 28(3),3-9.
9. Madrigal, R. (1995). Annals of Tourism Research.
10. McCool, S. F., & Martin, S. R. (1994). Journal of Travel Research, 32(3), 29-34.
11. Monterrubio, J. C. (2011). Teoria y Praxis.
12. Ryan, C. (1995). Researching tourist satisfaction: Issues, concepts, and problems. London, England: Routledge.
13. Wall, G., & Mathieson, A. (2006). Tourism: Change, impacts and opportunities.
Essex: Pearson Prentice Hall.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There is not much to do during spring break in Smallville except for going out and making your own fun. Now what I mean by that is you can have good fun. For example, you can go bowling, have a party or just chill out with your friends. Then there is bad fun. For example, go egging or buy paintball guns and shoot stuff. My friends and I decided to have bad fun for spring break. When we first started egging it was only six of us. Earl, David, Charles, Brandon, Jerrid, and myself. As the first couple of days went by we realized that other people in the city was starting to form teams of their own to get us back for egging them.... [tags: Personal Narrative]
1392 words (4 pages)
- After the past two trimesters and with March right around the corner, everyone is itching to go on vacation for their spring break. Fortunately, I have saved up a decent amount of money which will allow me to go somewhere nice and hot for spring break and soak up the sun. I have decided to travel to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. In this essay I will compare and contrast the two websites based on the following: type of information on the website, ease of maneuvering around the entire website, ease of booking, and the aesthetic appeal of the website.... [tags: punta cana, dominican republic, princess hotel]
973 words (2.8 pages)
- The tourism of a country is based in many factors. International demand usually affects the tourism of a place. Most travellers make several outlines in choosing a good destination. Several choices are usually affected by the born of their natural surroundings at home. Too much familiarity usually makes the tourists want to discover and experience a different environment. Each person has a different personalities that make them different from all tourists.The research paper aims to make a clear overview of the perception and preference of different individuals.... [tags: tourist destination, cultural tourism, tourists]
1786 words (5.1 pages)
- At times The Accidental Tourist presents its self as a gentle comedy. This is shown by the characters humour: the ineffectual Macon and the Brash Muriel, Edward the Neurotic dog, the eccentric Leary's and Julian the playboy courting Rose the old fashioned romantic. There is the amusement value of situations like Macon's method of washing clothes, the impenetrable vaccination', and the disastrous thanks giving turkey. Anne Tyler sees the joke in the human behaviour, and presents it in a way that allows the audience to become engaged and laugh at the characters.... [tags: Comedy Accidental Tourist]
751 words (2.1 pages)
- This spring was my first spring break that I actually left Eden Prairie. It was my first time out the state of Minnesota. I went to San Diego, California with my mom. We stayed at the Hilton Resort and Spa in the Mission Bay area of San Diego. My mom and I left for San Diego at 7:15 and we landed in Phoenix for our connecting flight to San Diego. The plan ride from Minnesota to Phoenix was 3 hours. This was the first plane I have ever been on and enjoyed most of the plane ride. I most enjoyed taking off and landing.... [tags: san diego, phoenix, plane]
845 words (2.4 pages)
- Tourism is the most interesting and growing faster and faster in service industry in the world. According to the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC), tourism in 2005 changed to be the 2nd largest industry, accounted for 3.8 percent of global Gross Domestic Product - GDP (Rosli & Azhar, 2007). From it growth, there are a lot of impact that came from tourism affect many countries. In Chiang Rai, Thailand, the province where located in the northern Thailand and near by the border of neighbor country that have a lot of tourist come in every season.... [tags: tourism, chiang rai, thailand]
834 words (2.4 pages)
- William Williams' "Spring and All" The Modernist era of poetry, like all reactionary movements, was directed, influenced, and determined by the events preceding it. The gradual shift away from the romanticized writing of the Victorian Era served as a litmus test for the values, and the shape of poetry to come. Adopting this same idea, William Carlos Williams concentrated his poetry in redirecting the course of Modernist writing, continuing a break from the past in more ways than he saw being done, particularly by T.S.... [tags: Williams Spring All Poetry Poem Essays]
2005 words (5.7 pages)
- Modris Eksteins presented a tour-de-force interpretation of the political, social and cultural climate of the early twentieth century. His sources were not merely the more traditional sources of the historian: political, military and economic accounts; rather, he drew from the rich, heady brew of art, music, dance, literature and philosophy as well. Eksteins examined ways in which life influenced, imitated, and even became art. Eksteins argues that life and art, as well as death, became so intermeshed as to be indistinguishable from one another.... [tags: Eksteins Rites Spring]
1030 words (2.9 pages)
- In what ways is Macon the Accidental Tourist?The logo on the front of all Macon's travel guides is a picture of a winged armchair and Macon's wife Sarah believed that this was not only the logo for The Accidental Tourist books, but for Macon himself. Julian describes metaphor of the winged armchair as "while armchair travelers dream of going places, travelling armchairs dream of staying put", and Macon does his best to help his readers feel as if they have never left home. He advises them on the best places to eat and stay, the places that are most like those in America.... [tags: essays research papers]
695 words (2 pages)
- The Prague Spring The Prague Spring is referred to when the Warsaw Pact allies invaded Czechoslovakia in 1968. Below are the details surrounding the incident. In 1948, communism was the only political party in Czechoslovakia. The communist take-over was a very popular movement. The first reason why it was a popular movement is because Joseph Stalin signed an agreement with Winston Churchill and Franklin Roosevelt that the Red Army, which would then lead to pro-communism, would liberate Czechoslovakia.... [tags: History Prague Spring Invasion]
1440 words (4.1 pages)