The destroyer Nastoychivyy, commanded by Captain 2nd rank Sergey Chobitko has celebrated another anniversary of its Navy flag hoisting day. The Baltic Fleet Information Group reported that the solemn celebration dedicated to the Ship's Day started with the crew formation, and hoisting of the St Andrew's flag and decorative flags. The commanding officer's order on awarding service members who distinguished themselves was read. Entertainers from Kaliningrad and Baltiysk appeared on stage with a celebratory program.
The destroyer Nastoychivyy entered the Russian Navy service in 1993 and became the first ship in the history of the Russian Navy to pass through Kiel channel. The destroyer Nastoychivyy earned prizes in naval firing and tactical readiness competitions on numerous occasions. The destroyer was recognized as the best Russian surface ship in 1996 and 1997. The ship participated in the BBALTOPS-96 international naval training exercises in July of 1996. The ship conducted a long-range cruise between February and April of 1997, logging a total of 20,000 miles. The Destroyer Nastoychivyy represented the Russian Navy at the 75th anniversary celebration of establishment of the South African Navy in Cape Town and Simon's Town. By the way, the author of these lines had participated in this cruise to African shores.
Upon departing from the Baltiysk base at that time, Russian sailors cruised around Europe, crossed Baltic and Northern Seas, Pas-de-Cale, La-Mansh, the Bay of Biscay, and entered the Meditarennian through the Gibraltar Strait. After that, the course led into the Red Sea through the Suez Channel, to the Persian Gulf for a port call to the United Arab Emirates' capital Abu-Dhabi, and then cross the equator ...
... middle of paper ...
...ng-range ocean cruise, the difficulties that can be encountered there, and even with the equator-crossing naval traditions. It is not a surprise that a vast majority of ship's officers were promoted, and sailors, petty officers and midshipmen of Nastoychivyy were justifiably referred to as "sea wolves."
During its Baltic Fleet service, this destroyer logged more than 70.000 miles over all and spent around two years at sea. This year alone he crew of the ship passed three inspections by the Russian Federation Ministry of Defense on different types of training with distinction. It is interesting that in connection with the preparation for the forthcoming Victory day parade that will take place in 9 May in Kaliningrad, a parade company consisting of the flagship's crew members was assembled; service members will solemnly march among the Kaliningrad garrison forces.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Television presenter: Good morning and welcome to channel 7. As many of you may be aware, today marks the anniversary of the Cuban Missile Crisis. To commemorate this we have brought a well known historian to conduct a television news special for tonight. Would you please join me in welcoming Kyle Smyth, who will speak at length today with us about the long term significance of the Cuban Missile Crisis. Expert historian: Thank you for having me on the show channel 7. Now as some of you viewers may know the Cuban Missile Crisis began in October 1962 and lasted for 13 days.... [tags: Cold War, Cuban Missile Crisis, John F. Kennedy]
1684 words (4.8 pages)
- NP 50th Anniversary Celebration and Timeline Nurse practitioners (NPs), one type of advanced practice nurses, are licensed by the states where they practice and certified by private boards. Nurse practitioners hold advanced degrees in clinical practice and function in a wide variety of settings and across the life span. They provide a broad array of healthcare services ranging from managing treatment plans, to prescribing medications, to implementing health promotion services. As of 2014, 205,000 NPs were licensed in the United States with 86% of those prepared to deliver care to patients in primary care settings (NP Facts, 2015).... [tags: Health care, Nursing, Nurse practitioner, Health]
1551 words (4.4 pages)
- Many countries in the New World and elsewhere officially celebrate as a holiday the anniversary of Christopher Columbus ' accidental arrival in the Americas, which happened on October 12, 1492. The landing is celebrated as Columbus Day in the United States, as Discovery Day in the Bahamas, as Día de la Raza in many countries in Latin America, as Día de las Américas in Belize and Uruguay, as Día del Respeto a la Diversidad Cultural in Argentina, as Día de la Hispanidad and Fiesta Nacional in Spain, and as Giornata Nazionale di Cristopher Columbus or Festa Nazionale di Cristoforo Colombo in Italy and in the Little Italys around the world.... [tags: United States, Indigenous peoples of the Americas]
1326 words (3.8 pages)
- Wednesday, the 21st May of 2014 marks the 23rd death anniversary of the former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi. Rajiv Ratna Gandhi (20 August 1944 – 21 May 1991) was the sixth Prime Minister of India, served India from 1984 to 1989. He assumed office after the assassination of his mother, Prime Minister Indira Gandhi on 31st October, 1984, the very same day to become the youngest Prime minister of India. Rajiv Gandhi is from a politically influential Nehru–Gandhi family. In 1961 he went to Cambridge to pursue his higher Education and came back to India to join Indian Airlines as a professional pilot while his mother became Prime Minister in 1966.... [tags: sixth prime minister of India]
547 words (1.6 pages)
- ... She also enjoys taking off her clothes around me. Or did. Before our problems started. My problems. We met at a writer's conference in Atlanta in. She was there gathering manuscripts, looking for that undiscovered gem; I was there to put Parade of Echoes in the hands of as many editors as possible. I assumed she was just another aspiring author as I sauntered up next to her at the bar. She had the sexy librarian look, wire-rimmed glasses and yellow number 2 pencil through the hair bun. Four hefty manuscripts cradled in her left arm and three flash drives hung from her neck.... [tags: personal narrative]
1571 words (4.5 pages)
- One December 24, 2006, was my parents ' 23rd wedding anniversary, sadly instead of celebrating it, they split up that morning. I witness my mother trying to kill herself by swallowing sleeping pills while my father was handing her one liter of Sprite. I had made a wedding anniversary the night before for my parents but instead I ended up burning the card I had worked on hours the night before. I remember I ran outside after I burned the card, screaming and wishing the ordeal was a dream. I couldn 't believe what I had witnessed.... [tags: Family, Father, Mother, Parent]
1674 words (4.8 pages)
- November 25th, 1892 marked the Athletic Sports Union’s fiftieth anniversary. On this date, at a French theatre in the town of Sorbonne, Pierre de Coubertin proposed the idea of bringing the Olympic games back. On June 16th, 1894, 2 years later in the same town, it was decided that they would announce the Olympics’ return. Finally, 2 years later in 1896, the first Modern Olympics was held. One of the reasons Pierre de Coubertin wanted to bring the games back as because of the legacy that the games hold (Callebat, 1).... [tags: Olympic Games, Athens, Greece]
1037 words (3 pages)
- The Anniversary Party By 1947, my grandfather had returned from World War II and married a French girl he had met while going to college at Emory University in Atlanta. This was my grandmother. He looks at her sometimes in their kitchen when we are down to visit and loudly claims to have known from the moment he saw her that she would be the woman he'd marry. My grandmother Geva, short for the lovely Genevieve, smiles and shakes her head and takes a coconut cake into the other room while she remembers the hot day in Georgia when she lost her French name - Bertat.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
2987 words (8.5 pages)
- 150th Anniversary of Feminism Last year marked the 150th Anniversary of a movement by women to achieve full civil rights in this country. Over the past seven generations, dramatic social and legal changes have been accomplished that are now so accepted that they go unnoticed by people whose lives they have utterly changed. ( Eisenberg 1) Many people who have lived through the recent decades of this process have come to accept what has transpired. And younger people, for the most part, can hardly believe life was ever otherwise.... [tags: Papers]
1661 words (4.7 pages)
- Over the past fifty years, the Walt Disney Company has proven itself over and over again to the world. The Walt Disney Company as a whole consists of over twenty smaller companies: ABC, Miramax Films, and ESPN to name a few. Within the past half century the Disney Company has built eleven theme parks, three water parks, and countless resorts and hotels as well as a cruise line which cover the globe. Expanding from Anaheim, California to Hong Kong and Tokyo, the Disney theme park line expounds the globe.... [tags: essays research papers]
996 words (2.8 pages)