Even though there is a negative side to students’ freedom in the class, there is a positive side to this. The students have a freedom in their learning, which promotes higher order thinking skills. My master teacher provides the opportunity for the students to answer question from their knowledge of the content. She allows the students to go through the scientific method on their own. The experiments are student-centered, and students have their freedom to use their own unique procedure to do the experiment based on their knowledge of the content. During experiments, the students come up with a hypothesis on their own. Then, they choose an independen...
... middle of paper ...
...m. The teacher does not do anything about talking when the students are not on task. I overheard a student saying that he enjoy this class because he has a lot of opportunity to talk with his friends. I would control the level of conversation in class, because it gets very difficult to engage students once they start to talk about their own personal issues.
I want to praise how my master teacher divides the instruction. She always incorporates demonstration or hands on activity that allows the students to get up from their seats and move around. With this, the students are more engaged to learning. Also, she never talks more than 35% of the instructional time. Her notes are about 15 minutes long in average. If she has to talk all the time, because there are a lot of materials to cover, she divides the lesson into half to allow the students to comprehend the material.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Obtaining the characteristics of a master teacher may take a lot of time and effort, however, when one does become a master teacher, they will be able to help their students learn so much more. In this essay, there will be examples of master teachers, the answer to the question of why Christ is the true master teacher, and how I strive today to become a master teacher. In my life I have had many great teachers. We can learn from an article written by Elaine McEwan that there are 10 characteristics of a good teacher, including, mission-driven and passionate, positive and real, style, book learning, and instructional effectiveness.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Lesson plan]
1159 words (3.3 pages)
- When becoming a master teacher, planning is one of the first things physical educators should look at. When hearing the word planning most teachers only think about one thing, the lesson plans that will be done for the school year. When planning a master teacher is thinking about more then just a lesson plan. When teaching in a school system the physical educator will get to know the schools environment, having a better understanding for what students are dealing with on a daily bases at home. This will also allow the teacher to know what developmental focal points that should be stressed when teaching and planning the lessons for the year.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Physical education, Exercise]
1312 words (3.7 pages)
- The Master-Slave Relationship In this paper I will be discussing the master-slave relationship. I will give you an understanding as to how this union exists. Also I will brief you on how without this relationship a city would not exist. This paper will not only define the master-slave relationship but give quotations and examples that will help you the reader to fully understand this concept. In the master-slave relationship, with this union, the master can not exist without the slave. The slave is there to assist the master with the maintaining of the master’s wants and needs.... [tags: master Slave Essays]
1255 words (3.6 pages)
- Background Information: I had the pleasure of interviewing a teacher in the Springfield area within the last week or so. The teacher I interviewed is named Debbie. She is working in the public schools in Springfield, Illinois. She works for district 186 and teaches at the sixth grade level. Debbie has taught for 31 years at different schools within District 186. She says she enjoys waking up every morning looking forward to working with her students that day. She states that it never gets old, although that there are some days that seem like they never end just like any profession somebody can get into.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Master's degree]
1594 words (4.6 pages)
- I have taken five courses in my Master’s degree program. The courses I have taken have started me towards the achievement of the program outcomes that are set for the program. I am halfway through my program and I hope that my future courses will continue to foster my development and help me achieve all of the outcomes for my Master’s in Education. Walden University has taken on the challenge of social change and making a greater difference for its students. Using what I have learned in my courses, I have started supporting a positive social change in my school, community, and beyond.... [tags: Education, Learning, Teacher, Master's degree]
924 words (2.6 pages)
- Dr. Monica Flippin Wynn introduces various forms of technology that can be implemented into the classroom as well as discussing if technology ruins the traditional pedagogy within her PowerPoint presentation titled, Technology and Social Media in the Classroom: A Pedagogical Nightmare. There were a multitude of tools presented by Wynn that sparked my interest, but iTunes University (iTunes-U) and Vine were the two tools that I was most interested in. I am familiar with I-Tunes as it associates with the iPhone and music; however, how this tool could be utilized in the classroom was bewildering.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Classroom, Student]
1283 words (3.7 pages)
- Albert Einstein once said, “It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge” (“27 Awesome”, 2015). This is essentially what every effective teacher strives to accomplish. An ineffective teacher, however, is not one to go above and beyond for the sake of a student’s education. This makes effective teachers one of the most important assets to a classroom. To be an effective teacher, one must master the skill of class and time management, be conscious of classroom diversity, and use cooperative learning as well as other techniques or strategies.... [tags: Education, Management, Teacher, Learning]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- Description of an Effective Teacher and the Learning Environment: What is an effective teacher and what makes them a master classroom manager and accomplishing their tasks successfully. God gives both gifts, and the knowledge to learn and grow personally and professionally for His glory in all things. How He molds an educator can be seen in many ways. One way to be an effective teacher is to have God on your side to lead and guide you. There is no one way to make a teacher an effective but they should have a few skills such as; decision making, self-regulation, application of educational research, and reflection.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Educational psychology]
701 words (2 pages)
- Aside from the areas I need to work on, there are areas I find myself proficient in. I have always and continue to welcome diversity. There are explicit guidelines in the classroom for respecting yourself, your peer and the teacher, no matter the differences. I create a learning space where all differences are respected. I allow each of my students the opportunity to be heard. This past semester, I taught two “twice exceptional” students in the same block, one male and one female. Both had a tendency to blurt out comments when they noticed someone was incorrect, including me.... [tags: Education, Learning, Teacher, Skill]
1383 words (4 pages)
- Teacher Interview Essay While attending Miami Edison Sr. High school, I had the honor of interviewing my field experience teacher Mr. Armand. He was born in Haiti. He came to America when he was 13. He graduated from Miami Edison Sr. high in 1992. He earned his associated in art degree at Miami Dade College. In 2001 he graduated from Florida International University with his bachelor in art and master degrees. He has taught at Miami Edison for 15 years. He teaches intensive mathematics and college algebra.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Lesson plan]
1028 words (2.9 pages)