My motivation for psychology comes from the fact it just naturally interests me. I was originally an English major but after my first general psychology class I noticed that I had an instant connection and passion for the subject. While I loved creatively writing, I found that writing analytically came very naturally to me. I discovering the natural draw and talent I had for the subject pushed me to change my major. Once I changed my major to psychology, I began taking more in depth classes on psychology and its different specializations and noticed that I loved looking at the aspects of people soci...
... middle of paper ...
...n gender, race and sexual identity through self-perception, social perception and attitudes. Either of these labs connects very closely with my current interests in social psychology and I believe I could greatly benefit from working with either faculty. While the lab topics are close to my interests, they are also slightly different which would allow me to expand and widen my interests and experience within social psychology. I believe I would benefit from conducting research from an abductive reasoning approach like in the Social Perception, Attitudes, and Mental Stimulation lab as well as the fine-grained analytic techniques used in the Culture and Emotion Research lab. I believe that with my experience and passion for the subject, I would become an important member of the team and cohort in the social psychology masters’ program at San Francisco State University.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Shanghai Stock Exchange was established on 1990, and at the same year, I was born. 18 years later, I started my bachelor degree in the Business School of Shanghai Normal University. There was a 2+2 exchange program between the Shanghai Normal University and Weber State University which is located in Ogden, Utah. So I attended this program without hesitation since it was truly a good opportunity to study finance and economics internationally. After graduated from Weber State University, I decided to come to the Great Bay Area since, I believe, the finance and economy of this region is outstandingly strong and steady.... [tags: education, finance, goal]
617 words (1.8 pages)
- We all know the worst team in the NFL, the Raiders, but do we know the best. To your answer question the best team is the SanFrancisco 49ers, hands down. People may say they aren’t because of the 9 bad years they had. If you look back on their past success in the 1980’s and 2011-present you might think twice. The 49ers are the best ream in the NFL because of all the great success, great players, and great moments. One of the main reasons why the 49ers could be considered the best team in the National Football League is because they are tied for second place with the most superbowl victories.... [tags: San Francisco, superbowl, league]
707 words (2 pages)
- ... To make better money in a career people can also get their Phd which can take five-ten years, which needs a bachelors degree as well. The length it will take in order to get these degrees can also depend on the college you are attending. Schools around the area that I would be willing to attend for social work would be SJVC which is located in Visalia Ca, CSU Bakersfield, and Fresno State. Other choices that would require me to move out of the area would be California State University Long Beach, San Francisco State University, and California State University San Bernardino.... [tags: education, families and children]
532 words (1.5 pages)
- San Francisco Earthquake of 1906 One of the worst natural disasters in United States history to this date occurred almost 109 years ago. On April 18, 1906 at 5:15am in San Francisco, California, the earthquake of San Francisco occurred hitting between 7.9 and 8.3M on the Richter scale. The San Andreas Fault, which is about 600 miles long, running from the Gulf of California to Cape Mendocino and is an active strike-slip fault, cut through the continental lithosphere to cause the San Francisco Earthquake of 1906.... [tags: Earthquake, 1906 San Francisco earthquake]
1003 words (2.9 pages)
- For a long time, I have always infatuated myself with different cultures and backgrounds. Because of my passion for learning foreign languages, I love interacting with people who come from different cultures. A professor from the International Business department once told my class, "San Francisco State has one of the best study abroad exchange programs and you should take the opportunity to study abroad as an undergraduate." Thanks to those words from my professor, I believe that studying abroad will give me the chance to explore while learning about the culture and custom practices of a society that is different from San Francisco, the place I grew up in.... [tags: Foreign language, Language education, South Korea]
708 words (2 pages)
- The earthquake that only lasted 45 to 60 seconds but “was felt from southern Oregon to south of Los Angeles and inland as far as central Nevada” was the disastrous 1906 San Francisco Earthquake (USGS 2012). A natural disaster that was responsible for structure damage and the lives of many people. Earthquakes are part of the natural process of the earth and are frequent around the world; they are usually small and not even felt by people. Unfortunately, there is also the magnitude 7 or greater earthquakes, which if trigger in big populated areas can become destructive in matter of seconds (Lutgens, F.... [tags: 1906 San Francisco earthquake, Earthquake]
1900 words (5.4 pages)
- The San Francisco earthquake that took place in 1906 is fairly well-known because of its damage and intensity that would affect many lives. The online exhibit of The 1906 San Francisco Earthquake and Fire shows how much was lost during this natural disaster, and how the city was before. Many would wonder what is the purpose of documenting how it was before, and after the earthquake, but the fact that no one was expecting one so big impacted countless lives. Also, at the time San Francisco was becoming the most popular city, therefore it would appear in the headlines how a well-known place that most people loved would become damaged (The Bancroft Library, 2006).... [tags: 1906 San Francisco earthquake, Earthquake]
797 words (2.3 pages)
- The 1906 San Francisco earthquake a natural disaster that was estimated to be magnitude 7.8, which destroy the city, caused the casualties of 2,000 people’s death and an estimate of 2,000 residents in the streets (The Center for Legislative Archives, n.d.). In addition, the 99.7 chance for future earthquakes due to San Andreas Fault and the important measurements that every resident in California should take to reduce accidents and damage. 1906 San Francisco Earthquake The earthquake that only lasted 45 to 60 seconds, but “was felt from southern Oregon to south of Los Angeles and inland as far as central Nevada” was the disastrous 1906 San Francisco Earthquake (USGS 2012).... [tags: 1906 San Francisco earthquake, Earthquake]
1908 words (5.5 pages)
- Within the past decade the economy has fallen and arouse dramatically. Many large corporations and businesses such as Ford, Chrysler, and G.M. plants have closed, while new companies building pipes and drills have sprang up and retailers have expanded. With all of this occurring in today’s society; businesses are on the hunt for good financial managers. Financial managers are the owls of a companies finances and everything in between them and their agencies. With a variety of other fields present, I personally feel financial management is the perfect fitting for me because I am a scholar in math, who loves dealing with money, and works well with others.... [tags: Society, Businesses, Companies, Finance]
1140 words (3.3 pages)
- A Career in Medicine My experiences at home have helped prepare me for a career in medicine I grew up in an economically depressed area in San Francisco where my mother was a single parent. Growing up without a father, I developed self-confidence and a sense of independence at an early age. In order to help my mother financially, I unloaded produce trucks during my years in high school. As a result, I was unable to enjoy many of the activities most youngsters enjoy. However, I am thankful for the determination and inner-strength I developed while overcoming the hardships I faced.... [tags: Medicine College Admissions Essays]
657 words (1.9 pages)