The Red Hot Chili Peppers formed in 1983 in Los Angeles, with the members Anthony Kiedis, Flea, Hillel Slovak, and Jack Irons. They are the original members of the band even though they have went through many changes anthony and flea are still together in the band. but the new members of the band is the drummer Ch...
... middle of paper ...
...An example is a band named Primus where the lead singer is the bassist also his name is Les Claypool he also has a side bluegrass band called Duo de Twang.
"AllMusic." AllMusic. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Mar. 2014.
“Bob Marley” Contemporary black biography. Vol 5 Detroit: Gale, 1993
"History." Bob Marley History Comments. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Mar. 2014.
Kallen, Stuart, Alternative Rock Detroit: Gale cengage, 2012.
King, Jason. “Marley,Bob (1945-1981).” St. James encyclopedia of popular culture ed. Sara
Pendergast and Tom Pendergast. Vol 3. Detroit
“Red Hot Chili Peppers” 6XL Biographies. Detroit 6XL,2011. Student Resources in Context. Web. 4 Feb, 2014
“The Red Hot Chili Peppers” Newsmakers.Detroit Gale. 1993. Web.
"The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame + Museum." Red Hot Chili Peppers Biography. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Mar. 2014.
YouTube. YouTube, n.d. Web. 28 Mar. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Jake Brzezinsky is an aspiring musician. Jake was born on June 23, 1998. In a small-town named Luling, Louisiana. Jake’s parents Jena and Ryan were in great joy when Jake was born. At the age of six Jake’s dad got him a guitar, and Jake started to play music. I only played the guitar for a little bit. When I was a little kid because my dad try to get me into play guitar, but I did not like playing the guitar. When my dad left my mom I stop playing the guitar. So, I stop playing for a short time until my mom had met my stepdad.... [tags: Musical instrument, Music, Red Hot Chili Peppers]
852 words (2.4 pages)
- There’s no way to define Bob Dylan. His persona has changed with such frequency that his personal life has become shrouded in mystery. One thing can be certain; his music inspired revolutions and it provoked a sea change in the hearts and minds of a generation. Musicians, college students, politicians, civil rights leaders, varying shades of skin, and collars of blue and white were all bound together by the music of Bob Dylan. The Beatles may have brought sophisticated chords into pop music but it was Dylan who brought poetry into the mainstream.... [tags: Bob Dylan, Musician]
739 words (2.1 pages)
- Red Hot Chili Peppers A passion for foods from the American Southwest is sweeping through the country. The main component and most popular item of this fad is the chili pepper, an item of tremendous variability and a staple of many people in Central America. In this country, chili peppers were once only found in specialized ethnic stores, but now it is just as likely to be found at the neighborhood Kroger. For most people, however, their knowledge stops here. Through this paper I hope to educate the reader on some other aspects of this intriguing vegetable, such as its history, chemistry, and uses.... [tags: Botany]
1606 words (4.6 pages)
- If someone was asked to name the first famous reggae artist that came to mind, the majority of people would say one name, Bob Marley. Robert Nesta Marley, commonly known as Bob Marley, is undoubtedly the most famous reggae artist of all time. Additionally, he is responsible for bringing reggae to the masses, and he did this through his unique style, raspy voice, guitar playing and drumming. Bob Marley is known around the world for not only his music, but also his greater message of peace. Furthermore, Marley became a cultural icon, as he encouraged others to rebel against racism and violence in the world.... [tags: Bob Marley Essays]
1524 words (4.4 pages)
- Poetry is a distinct form of literature that is widely known for its ability to skillfully use words to paint an image in the minds of readers. Poetry often has great depth encouraging readers to look beyond the lines to reveal a hidden message. This style of writing is intended to convey an intense emotional response using repetition, rhythm, sound, and structure sometimes producing a music like quality. Lyrics similarly use repetition, rhythm, sound, and structure but are intended to be sung and heard through music.... [tags: Poetry, Maya Angelou, Bob Dylan]
1137 words (3.2 pages)
- Happily ever after. The musical Into the woods the main characters is taken from multiples fairy tales as Jack and the beanstalk, Cinderella, Little red riding hood and Rapunzel and a story of a baker and his wife. Each character of the story wished for something, Cinderella wants to attend the prince 's festival, Jack need to buy food for him and his mother, Little red riding hood has to deliver food for her sick grandmother, and the baker and his wife lust to have a child regardless the cursed place upon him.... [tags: Little Red Riding Hood, Family, Curse]
1275 words (3.6 pages)
- Born February 45th. In Nine Mile, Jamaica, Bob Marley would advance to touch that hearts of many people. Although he was teased during his childhood for being of mixed race heritage, he still managed to change people lives with his leadership and activism as an adult. Bob Marley was not only a leader when it came to activism. He was also a leader for emerging music. He often communicated politics and social issues through his lyrics. Rather than conforming to the demands of the music industry, he created his own unique and authentic style of music.... [tags: Music genre, Bob Marley, Reggae, Jazz, Music]
1087 words (3.1 pages)
- On Friday, September 16,2016 I was able to be present at the performance presented by the Bob Cole Conservatory Of Music, “Bob Cole Conservatory Symphony” in the Carpenter Performing Arts Center. As I had arrived at the performance the public was preparing to enter the concert hall. A while before the performance began some Orchestra members were warming up to the performance, tuning and practicing on their instruments before the performance. The rest of the Orchestra had taken their seats and the concertmaster appeared to take her seat along with all the other formal dressed in black members.... [tags: Music, Orchestra, Tempo, Musical notation]
852 words (2.4 pages)
- The 70's - musically, culturally, and politically - was a transitional phase, and a emotional link between two very infamous periods. This decade was also the recess from reality, in which people used music to escape from the real world leaving behind all their worries. People were consumed by appetites, addicted to their guilty pleasures, and soon there would be a price to pay. During the late 60's and early 70s, reggae music was created by combining the characteristics of the North American rock and African Jamaican music.... [tags: Bob Marley]
1523 words (4.4 pages)
- “My fadda was a guy yunno, from England here, yunno. Him was like…like you can read it yunno, it’s one o’dem slave stories: white guy get the black woman and breed her. He’s a English guy…I t’ink. Cos me see him one time yunno. My mother. My Mother African.” (Bob Marley, 1978) The psychological aftermath of being an abandoned child of a biracial marriage was something that heavily influenced reggae superstar Bob Marley for his entire career. Many of Marley’s most loyal fans and the vast majority of reggae enthusiasts are unaware that he was, indeed, born to a white father, Captain Norval Marely, and a black mother, Cedella Booker.... [tags: Bob Marley Essays]
5170 words (14.8 pages)