Losing weight can be a challenge, especially when temptation is in our faces every time we walk into the kitchen. With some pre-planning, many of the reasons to eat something that is not beneficial to your diet can be eliminated. Eating healthy and with the goal of weight loss doesn’t have to be boring or tasteless.
Protein shakes and smoothies can be a satisfying way to beat the cravings and not make you feel like you are missing out on the foods you enjoy. Here are ten mind-blowing protein shake recipes for weight loss that will help you get started!
1. Key Lime Pie Protein Shake
• ½ cup Fat free cottage cheese*
• 1 Scoop vanilla protein powder
• 1 tbs Lime juice – key lime juice if you can find it.
• 5-10 Ice cubes – 5 cubes for a thin shake, more for a thicker one
• 1/2-1 cup Water
• 2-4 pkts Stevia or 1/4-1 tsp no calorie sweetener of choice
• 2-3 drops Green food coloring, or a handful of spinach to make it green
• Optional: 1 tbs sugar free vanilla instant pudding mix
• Optional: 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (for additional thickness)
• Optional: 1 crushed graham cracker – for garnish
*If lactose intolerant, use silken or soft tofu.
Blend all ingredients (except the graham cracker) until desired consistency is reached. Top with crushed graham cracker.
Serves 1 - 180 Cal, 0g fat, 7g Carbohydrate, 0g Fiber, 4g Sugar, 36g Protein
2. Dark Chocolate Peppermint Protein Shake
• 1 large banana, frozen
• 2-3 ice cubes
• 1 cup almond milk (or other non dairy milk)
• 1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
• 2 tablespoons high quality coco powder
• Pinch of salt
• ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
• Optional: 1 tablespoon dark c...
... middle of paper ...
... – Fruits and vegetables have high amounts of fiber and low to no fat. Berries tend to have the highest fiber to sugar ratio and vegetables like spinach and cucumber have relatively mild flavors that can be hidden.
• Use frozen fruit, like bananas and blueberries, instead of ice. It adds flavor and nutrition and doesn’t water down the shake.
• Measure all your ingredients. It is easy to underestimate how much you are really adding which can up the calories or fat without knowing.
Protein smoothies and shakes are a great way to satisfy cravings and add needed nutrition without the daily calorie budget. In order to lose weight, it is important to know the daily budget of calories that need to be consumed. I provided the amount of calories in the shakes, but if we have enough interest, then I can offer personalized diet plans and future information on this subject.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 10 Mind-Blowing Protein Shake Recipes for Muscle Building While building muscle and gaining strength, it is important to fuel your body properly. It is hard to stick to a regime when temptation is around every corner. A protein shake or smoothie can be a satisfy way to curb cravings and change things up from eating egg whites and tuna fish. Your fuel doesn’t have to be boring or repetitive. I’ve scoured the internet to find some tasty protein shake recipes. Some are geared for certain parts of the day to optimize your workouts or to help you wake up.... [tags: Milk, Nutrition, Chocolate, Cheese]
1073 words (3.1 pages)
- Perspective When dealing with any topic as vast yet minute and delicate as Brahman-Atman one has to think carefully. I find this topic very bewildering. Mind-blowing is a better description. I’m not sure I have even after a week of contemplation and research really come to understand the topic enough to discuss the effect I think it would have on people from the individual all the way up to a large group, including animals. However, I will do my best to convey my thoughts. I will discuss my thoughts pertaining to what consequences could come of accepting such an idea, how it would affect relationships with self and others, and how this could even include animals.... [tags: Psychology, Mind, Thought, Human]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- Low Carb Cookbook: Delicious Snack Recipes For Weight Loss Introduction Staying healthy is a very big concern for many people today and rightfully so. They have to stay healthy to stay alive and function as a human being. Health is maintained by changing unhealthy diets into healthy ones. There are lots of books, articles, and academic studies that link diet and exercise to health. If you were to change your diet immediately, you can definitely change your weight overnight. The main problem, especially in the United States and Mexico, is the issue with being overweight.... [tags: Nutrition, Carbohydrate, Obesity, Glucose]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- ... Blend 1 cup skim milk, 1 cup frozen blueberries until ingredients are smooth. Pour into a glass and stir in flaxseed oil. Serve and enjoy one of the best weight loss smoothies. Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie This is one of the best weight loss smoothies aside from so easy to make. Banana has many benefits like prevent muscle cramps, help to overcome depression. Banana also contains calcium to protect bones and teeth. Contains potassium to help against heart attack and lower blood pressure.... [tags: recipes, antioxidants]
629 words (1.8 pages)
- A night of cold air blowing through the window giving off the essence of wanting someone by her side, she stretch’s out her hand and feels a cold bedside where a warm body should be. She opens her eyes and saw nothing, a tear rolled down her cheek with thoughts of being a naughty girl. Just one night, no worries, no cares just nothing but her naughty thoughts unleashed on a man who is willing to handle her. She decides to sit up in her bed wondering who she would be able to unleash on and enjoy it at the same time.... [tags: Mind, Thought, Eye color, Feeling]
1113 words (3.2 pages)
- Want to know what is standing in the way of you achieving the body and weight that you desire. The first step to take is to make a plan that is realistic and practical. I like to use these easy-to-follow five steps for effective weight loss plans. Keeping these in mind has always served me well and I want to share them with you today if you 're a DIY sort of person. 1.) Set Real Goals With the exception of possibly an MMA fighter losing 20 pounds in 2 weeks is just too good to be true. No true or genuine weight management plan can promise those kinds of results without compromising your health.... [tags: Nutrition, Dieting, Weight loss, Obesity]
710 words (2 pages)
- Throughout their history engineers been faced with the dilemma of deciding whether they should take action to correct wrongdoing by their employer [1,6,12]. The engineers must choose between their allegiance to their employers, or to the public. In many jurisdictions the option for engineers to blow the whistle is a mandatory action, bound by the code of ethics many engineers must obey. However, even with government legislation  making the practice mandatory, many engineers practice in fear of having to blow the whistle [1,2,6,11,12].... [tags: Space Shuttle Challenger disaster]
1144 words (3.3 pages)
- The Ultimate Crepe Cookbook: 50 Easy to Follow Savory, Gluten-Free Recipes for Everyone Whether your health conscious or it’s for health related reasons, many people are eliminating gluten out of their diets and substituting similar products in its place. With this savory Gluten-Free crepe cookbook, I will take the frustration out of the term Gluten-Free and provide you easy to follow recipes that contain everyday ingredients found at your local grocery store. Gluten-Free cooking does not need to be difficult in order to be delicious.... [tags: Flour, Wheat, Gluten, Crêpe]
1594 words (4.6 pages)
- All women desire beauty. As myriads of women seek a perfect body shape and attractiveness, they will have interest in having weight loss treatment. In fact, losing weight has come into a vogue. People, especially female, do not take their weight into serious account but follow the others blindly and participate in weight loss programmes. Patently, the main culprit of this phenomenon is the omnipresent weight loss advertisements. The slimming companies use advertising as a tool to inculcate the concept that being thin is equal to beauty into people’ minds.... [tags: Weight Loss, Advertising, weight, ]
1073 words (3.1 pages)
- On average, when an individual loses something of important value, like an arm or a leg, he or she knows exactly what is missing in their lives, however, if one experiences loss of memory, something much greater than memory is at stake (Kiper, 2015, p. 42). Similarly, many young adults have had experience with memory loss in his or her life, however, these incidents are often times very minor especially when it comes to losing his/her car keys, jewelry, phone, and/or a purse. Unfortunately, for individuals 65 years or older who suffer from abnormal memory lapses, he or she does not have the luxury of living a normal life with minor forgetfulness like many young adults do (Mace & Rabin... [tags: Alzheimer's disease, Memory loss]
2253 words (6.4 pages)