Men's health is international magazine started in America in 1988. Riding on the success of the magazine in America the magazine moved into the British, Australian, Latin American, German and Russian magazine markets. The magazine was launched in South Africa in mid 1997 at a point in time when it was deemed that the South African market was ready for such a magazine.
The South African male magazine market was ripe for a new, fresh and focused magazine catering specifically for men, as the girlie magazines that used to dominate the male magazine market in the country were in decline, leaving behind a gap for a male magazine. The decline in the girlie magazine market in South Africa was primarily due to the markets heavy reliance on sex, nudity, violence and controversy. Several copies of Scope had been banned and certain stockists had stopped stocking magazines such as Scope. In addition, the liberalisation of censorship laws and the trade situation with the country resulted in the return of previously banned magazines such as Playboy and Penthouse which further increase the competition between the girlie magazines, making the content more and more controversial. However even these magazines were not ...
... middle of paper ...
...festyle and fashion advice. The position of the magazine may be seen in the following positioning map:
Have a major subscription drive with good incentives for renewing incentives. In this manner they would entrench their readers for at least a year.
Differentiate the magazine even more and try and promote Mens Health as the only magazine able to satisfy its particular function, maybe even in a manner which Men's Health is a staple buy irrespective of what other magazines the buyer may purchase.
Enhance or expand on its inorganic growth strategy through additional key / strategic partnerships.
Special events. Poker is a growing past time and is often assicated with a glamorous / exciting / cool lifestyle. Hosting a poker tournament, or braning at poker tournaments could add positively to the perception of the magazine.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- H was a world famous darts player. He was demonstrating his skill at an outdoor fete in aid of a charity. H offered 50 to anyone who would place an apple on his head and permit H to throw a dart at it. H contemplated the risk of hitting such a person. I volunteered, placing the apple on his head. H threw the dart but sudden gust of wind caused the dart to deviate from trajectory and hit I’s ear. I’s blood dripped onto I’s coat. The dart continued on to hit an electric cable, setting fire to a fete tent.... [tags: Criminal Law Essays]
1060 words (3 pages)
- Social Determinants of health case study Essential to everyday life is the significant condition of our health. Our health can be affected by a number of elements, including our nutrition. In addition, health can also be affected by social determinants such as transportation, social economic status, early life, work, social support, food security and education. (Wilkinson, R.; Marmot, M. 2003) Case studies would be analysed and compare how the social determinants of health have been involved in the manifestation of the health complications.... [tags: Health, Medicine, Case study, Nutrition]
1069 words (3.1 pages)
- Case Study: Effective Managerial Leadership The successful implementation of a public policy to solve a social problem will greatly depend on the abilities of a public administrator. Furthermore, numerous case studies can show examples of how a successful public agency administrator can achieve goals through dedication and commitment. The following discussion will present a thorough analysis of main political, social, and economic forces that affected Dr. Gayle in establishing legislation to fight the AIDS epidemic as is presented in the case study Managing Across Boundaries: A Case Study of Dr.... [tags: Case Study]
1201 words (3.4 pages)
- In general, I consider my greatest strength in the case study tutorials to be a confidence and willingness to contribute, which is certainly something I have struggled with in the past (during A levels, etc.). Having gained experience in group work and in leading a group project in my foundation year at Keele, I now find it far easier to speak up in these situations. I consider myself to generally be a very quiet person, so it has taken a lot of development to get to the point where I am able to speak out loudly and clearly.... [tags: Case study, Case study in psychology]
824 words (2.4 pages)
- Global Market Research Case Study Analysis The Sperry/MacLennan group of Dartmouth, Nova Scotia specializes in recreational building design (Aaker, Kumar, & Day, 2007). Junior partner Mitch Brooks has been researching data to present to the board that will support his research that the company should shift focus to a more diversified approach to future business efforts. A case study analysis will prove helpful to his efforts. Describe the situation discussed in the case Drew Sperry (Aaker, Kumar, & Day, 2007) founded Sperry/MacLennan Architects and Planners (S/M) in 1972.... [tags: Case Study]
1091 words (3.1 pages)
- ‘Men’s health is defined as the holistic management of health conditions and risks that are most common or specific to men in order to promote optimal physical, emotional and social health’. Male sexual health is important, however, men’s health goes beyond sexual and reproductive health (The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners 2007). Skills are developed by nurses allowing them to treat patients in all of the different levels of disease prevention. By conducting a patient health assessment a nurse can then begin to promote health and illness prevention by assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing and evaluating the patient to better help their current health concerns and /... [tags: Health Conditions, Risks]
1669 words (4.8 pages)
- The case study that I will be looking at in this assignment is case study 2. This relates to Niamh and her partner who are pregnant with their second child. Their daughter from the previous pregnancy is now four years old, but the memories of the birth have caused anxiety to linger with them as they found it to be very traumatic. They are both very excited and happy to be pregnant again and are looking forward to the arrival of their second child. However, they both have very differing views on the delivery.... [tags: Psychology Case Study]
1457 words (4.2 pages)
- Critical Thinking Case Study Chris had just been promoted as an Executive Assistant for Pat the CEO, Chief Executive Officer, of Faith Community Hospital. Pat had given Chris her very first assignment on her first day of work as an executive assistant and that was to gather information so that Pat can present the issues to the board of directors.... [tags: Business, Case Study, solution]
1794 words (5.1 pages)
- McDonald's Corporation: Case Study McDonald's Corporation is the largest fast-food operator in the World and was originally formed in 1955 after Ray Kroc pitched the idea of opening up several restaurants based on the original owned by Dick and Mac McDonald. McDonald's went public in 1965 and introduced its flagship product, the Big Mac, in 1968. Today, McDonald's operates more than 30,000 restaurants in over 100 countries and have one of the world's most widely known brand names. McDonald's sales hit $57 billion company-wide and over $25 billion in the United States in 2006 (S&P).... [tags: Business Case Study]
1423 words (4.1 pages)
- In this Case Study Analyses, an objective SWOT Analyses will be done to help identify potential strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats within the Nike Corporation. It will look at the role of promotions as a consumer product company, offer possible promotional objectives, and consider other promotional methods the Nike Corporation may wish to implement in its quest to remain the market leader. History, Development, and Growth From their marketing strategies to their selling philosophies, Nike has developed one of the most recognizable and demanded name and logo tandems ever created.... [tags: Marketing Case Study Analysis Nike]
1597 words (4.6 pages)