All of the stress and boredom that they go through causes them to have neurotic behavior. When someone walks by the cages their blood pressure rises and they shake in fear. Animal research/experimentation is a form of animal abuse. There was a video I watched where the people were treating the animals terrible. They were ripping animals off of cages, and they were shutting them in doors, shoving pipes down throats, or shoving pipes up their noses, they also shove them in tubes where they can’t breathe or move around. Animal experimentation needs to be stopped. There are multiple ways that it can be stopped, you just need to find the people who care enough to stop it.
The animals are suffering. They suffer either from the chemicals, drugs, food and cosmetics test. The animals that are used for animal experimentation aren’t even counted. There is not an exact number of animals that are being used for the experiments. These animals are used to test cosmetics, household cleaners and consumer products. “Hundreds of thousands of animals are poisoned, blinded, and killed every year by cruel corporations.” (Animal Testing 101) The mice and rats that are used are forced to inhale the toxic fumes, the dog...
... middle of paper ...
"Animals Used in Education | Animals Used for Experimentation | The Issues." PETA. N.p., 2014. Web. 19 Apr. 2014. http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-experimentation/classroom-dissection/ .
Cohn, Meredith. "Alternatives to animal testing gaining ground." The Baltimore Sun [Baltimore] 26 Aug. 2010: 1-2. Print.
"Cosmetics and Household-Product Animal Testing | Animals Used for Experimentation | The Issues." PETA. N.p., 2014. Web. 19 Apr. 2014. http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-experimentation/cosmetic-household-products-animal-testing/ .
Rowan, Andrew. "Avoiding Animal Testing." The Scientist 1 Dec. 2011: 1. Print.
"U.S. Government Animal Testing Programs | Animals Used for Experimentation | The Issues.”PETA. N.p., 2014. Web. 19 Apr. 2014. http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-experimentation/us-government-animal-testing-programs/ .
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Animal testing, also known as Animal Experimentation, is using non-human primates to test human products on. The discipline of science impacted is biology. Majority of Animal Testing is done in Universities, medical schools, and pharmaceutical companies. The controversy of Animal Testing is deciding whether to continue or ban it. Both would affect the world, or society as whole, since animal testing does decide what is the right doses, vaccinations/medicines, what will affect the human body and what will not.... [tags: testing toxicity,biology,medical schools]
893 words (2.6 pages)
- Hernandez 3 parts of an animal’s body, sometimes the entire body, to conduct experiments about stress. Other of the many destructive procedures include electrocution, tail suspension and drowning. (Office of Animal Care and Use, 2005) Not all of these animals die due to the causes of only one experiment however, these animals are kept in captivity and are continually tested on until they unfortunately meet their untimely deaths. It is due evidences such as these, that animal experimentation for medical research can be seen as productive for human or harmful to the lives of innocent animals.... [tags: animal abuse and testing]
1673 words (4.8 pages)
- For many years, scientists have conducted research to test drugs and other commodities before sending them to human trials and to the market. Often times, these drugs are analyzed by animal testing, which is the “use of [non-human] animals in experiments and development projects usually to determine toxicity, dosing, and efficacy of test drugs before proceeding to human clinical trials” (American Anti-Vivisection Society [AAVS]). These experiments often include inhumane, abusive treatment to animals.... [tags: drugs, human trials, treatment]
2238 words (6.4 pages)
- Animal testing is the use of non-human animals for scientific experimentation. There are estimates that 50 to 100 million vertebrate animals worldwide from zebra fish to on-human primates are used annually. Much larger numbers of invertebrates are used even flies and worms are used has model organisms are very important, experiments on invertebrates are largely unregulated and not included in statistics. Animals are euthanized after being used in a experiment. Some of these animals are purpose-bred and others are caught in the wild or they are supplied by dealers who obtain them from auctions and pounds.... [tags: Animal Cruelty, Argument, Animal Rights]
1229 words (3.5 pages)
- Animal experimentation is a process involving the immoral and unethical treatment of animals in order to test the toxicity of a new product prior to its public release. The online biology dictionary describes it in the following manner: ‘’ Animal experimentation is the use of animals in experiments and development projects usually to determine toxicity, dosing and efficacy of test drugs before proceeding to human clinical trials.’’ (Biology Online/Dictionary/Animal testing) Throughout history, animal experimentation has played a captious role in leading to advanced medical discoveries and human benefit.... [tags: Animal Rights]
1131 words (3.2 pages)
- Animals are used in research to develop new medicines and for scientists to test the safety of the medicines. This animal testing is called vivisection. Research is being carried out at universities, medical schools and even in primary and elementary schools as well as in commercial facilities which provide animal experiments to industry. (UK Parliament) In addition, animals are also used in cosmetic testing, toxicology tests, “defense research” and “xenotransplantation”. All around the world, a huge amount of animals are sentenced to life in a laboratory cage and they are obliged to feel loneliness and pain.... [tags: Against Animal Testing]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- Do you think animal testing is necessary. Over 1 million animals are crippled, burned, poisoned and abused in U.S labs every year. Nearly all of these suffering animals are adopted from animal shelters or are stolen. The animals that are commonly adopted and found are cats and dogs which are put through painful, intrusive, and frequently deadly experiments. In these studies, large quantities of toxins are force-fed or infused into their bodies, steadily poisoning them. Animal experimentation appears to be inhumane and cruel.... [tags: animal shelters, suffering, labs]
1218 words (3.5 pages)
- A contingent of those against the dog labs at the university protested last month, waving signs that read, "Kill. Heal. What's It Gonna Be?" and "The U Kills Dogs." A fairly recent article in the Washington Post ("A Terminal Learning Environment"; Nov. 5, 2000) manages to move beyond the emotion and sloganeering used by these protesters to some of the real arguments of those in opposition; that the dog labs are "cruel, unnecessary and a waste of money" and that they "should be eliminated."1 However, the arguments used by the Washington Post (and ultimately, those in opposition) are insufficient to justify the termination of the dog labs at university. The claim that the dog labs a... [tags: Argumentative, Synthesis Essay Examples]
1598 words (4.6 pages)
- Millions of animals each year are used in product testing, medical and education experimentation. The animals are put through medical procedures and made to perform different acts all in the name of science. Although medical research has developed many treatments and cures to disease, the suffering and long term effects by animals during this experimentation is inhumane, cruel and often leads to the death of the animal. [IdeaConnection] Animals are used in experimentations for chemical, drug, food and cosmetic tests, biology lessons, medical training exercises, and curiosity-driven medical experiments, many schools still use frogs and rats in classes.... [tags: Invalid Results, Alternatives]
713 words (2 pages)
- Animal Experiments Animal experimentation by scientists can be cruel and unjust, but at the same time it can provide long term benefits for humanity. Animals used in research and experiments have been going on for 2,000 years and keep is going strong. It is a widely debated about topic all over the world. Some say it is inhuman while others say it’s for the good of human kind. There are many different reasons why people perform experiments and why others total disagree with it. Each year 20 million animals are produce and breed for the only purpose but to be tested on.... [tags: essays papers]
689 words (2 pages)