Beethoven had accomplished many achievements in his life, but some of his career highlights were what made him so popular. In the article Ludwig Van Beethoven Biography by Biography.com Editors, they wrote that Beethoven’s first break was when he dropped out of school at age fourteen year 1784, and got a job as an Assistant Court Organist. By the year 1787 the court wanted to move Beethoven to Vienna, “Europe’s capital of culture and music” (Biography.com Editors 2). By the age of seventeen he was able to go to Vienna and play music which was definitely a career highlight, but then after being in Vienna for only a few weeks his mother became ill and he moved back home to Bonn. Beethoven’s next break wasn’t until he was twenty five and was able to go back to Vienna on March 29, 1795 this was when he performed his first piece called a piano concerto in C major (Biography.com Editors 3). Beethoven’s next career highlight is “His "Six String Quartets," published in 1801, demonstrate complete mastery of that most difficult and cherished of Viennese forms developed by Mozart and Haydn” (Biography.com Editors 3). All of these career highlights are what makes Beethoven so known today even if you don’t listen to classical music everyday I’m sure that you have heard of Beethoven or of one of his pieces.
To understand Beethoven better a good way to do that is...
... middle of paper ...
...f 31 Beethoven was able to tell a friend of his deafness and how he felt about losing his hearing.
Not many know about the death of Beethoven and how he ended up dying. Biography.com Editors talk about his death and say that an autopsy shows, “immediate cause of death was post-hepatitic cirrhosis of the liver” (5). Which post-hepatic cirrhosis of the liver is a chronic disease of the liver. Biography.com Editors also talk about a theory that Beethoven may have been poisoned but this theory has also been shut down (5). Beethoven lived a short life in our eyes and had many ups and downs in it as well. I learned so much about Beethoven and his life. My favorite part was about his medical history and learning what all had happened to him. Even though it sounds like his life wasn’t all too great he was an amazing composer and is definitely known today.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The German composer Ludwig van Beethoven, born in 1770, transformed music and revolutionized the history of music as a whole during his lifetime. As William Kinderman writes in his book, Beethoven, “His restless, open vision of the work of art reflects a modern and essentially cosmopolitan aesthetic attitude” (Kinderman). Born in Bonn, Germany, Beethoven was a visionary. He further expanded what his early contemporaries, Mozart and Haydn, had produced by escalating the scope of sonata, concerto, quartet, and the symphony.... [tags: Ludwig van Beethoven, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart]
1395 words (4 pages)
- Adewale Accilo David Kellogg Music 1101 17 October 2014 Ludwig van Beethoven The Life Born in the city of Bonn, Germany, in mid-December of 1770, Ludwig van Beethoven was from birth within a prestigious musical family. While Bonn was not Vienna or a major capital of the arts, it had stature all its own and the Beethovens had a history in enhancing it. Ludwig 's grandfather, Lodewijk van Beethoven rose to the high rank of Kapellmeister, or musical director, of the court. His son Johann married Maria Magdalena Keverich and, of the seven children borne by her, only three survived beyond infancy, with Ludwig as the eldest.... [tags: Ludwig van Beethoven, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart]
1530 words (4.4 pages)
- Ludwig van Beethoven was an extraordinary music composer, especially considering he was deaf most of his life and career. He was born in Germany on December 16, 1770. Many obstacles were hurled at him, but he triumphed over them, and even deafness didn’t stop him from composing some of the worlds greatest, and most recognized music compositions (Rosenwald 167). His life, music, and his musical styles and techniques all contribute to his life story. Beethoven was born in Bonn Germany. At 14, he held the occupation of a court organist.... [tags: beethoven, music composer, music ]
542 words (1.5 pages)
- Towanda Hamilton Ludwig Van Beethoven July 13, 2015 Ludwig Van Beethoven Ludwig Van Beethoven was one of the greatest musical prodigy’s of Western music who has played a major part in influencing music we listen to today. His music has been played all over the world. Beethoven’s reputation as a composer and pianist is world known buy the numerous orchestral music pieces he composed over the span of his lifetime.... [tags: Ludwig van Beethoven, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart]
1117 words (3.2 pages)
- Beethoven born as Ludwig van Beethoven was born 1770 in Bonn, Germany. He was a musical composer of the classical and romantic periods. “He was born into a family of musicians.” (Ludwig). His father, Johann van Beethoven, was an ordinary court singer better known as an alcoholic than anyone with any musical ability (Ludwig). Beethoven 's grandfather was Bonn 's most prosperous and eminent musician. Beethoven childhood was very rough. Beethoven 's father first taught him music using punishment which affected Beethoven forever.... [tags: Ludwig van Beethoven, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart]
912 words (2.6 pages)
- Armoni Towner Ludwig Van Beethoven is a very accomplished composer that worked really hard to get where he is today. During his first few years in Vienna many things happened to him. Beethoven first arrived in Vienna in November 10, 1792 despite the war that was going on between France and Austria. One of the first people that Beethoven reached out to was Hayden, who had seen a copy of the piece Beethoven had done on the death of the emperor Joseph II. After reading this “Haydn recognized that this swarthy, earnest young youth was somebody exceptional.... [tags: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Ludwig van Beethoven]
1035 words (3 pages)
- When you look at the world and all the people on it as a whole, you see that there are very few influential people whose actions or opinions strongly influence the course of events. Ludwig Van Beethoven, a German musician, is one of those very few. He was an extraordinary musician that lived through hardship and had the horrific fate of deafness, any musician’s worst nightmare. Beethoven left a wall standing in history that captured the art of sounds and worked it beyond imagination into music so fragile and pure yet onerous, unable to be matched by any succeeding composer.... [tags: music, musician, composer, deafness]
1156 words (3.3 pages)
- Ludwig Van Beethoven was born on December 16, 1770 in Bonn, Germany and he died on March 26, 1827 in Vienna Austria. Beethoven’s music is mostly associated with the classical era because that is when he crafted most of his greatest works. Beethoven’s father and grandfather were both musicians that played at Court of Elector of Cologne. Beethoven’s main instrument that he played was the piano. He was taught by his father how to play the piano. His father was very strict on him, and sometimes he made Beethoven, “stand at the keyboard, was often in tears.” He had other teachers that taught him how to play the violin, and how to play the piano.... [tags: ode to joy, ninth symphony, piano, musician]
891 words (2.5 pages)
- Ludwig van Beethoven The Classical era was a time for order, objectivity, harmonious proportion, and noble simplicity. The switch between the ways of the old world and the beginning of the new world was what constituted the characteristics that shaped this era. Major changes were brought into the world; advances in science and ideas, the changing of aristocratic sovereigns in Europe, style of art and ways of thinking. However, a major part of the Classical era that changed was music. This new era brought with it a handful of new musicians and composers, such as Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, and Schubert.... [tags: Ludwig van Beethoven, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart]
1554 words (4.4 pages)
- Introduction Music Appreciation has broadened my view to listen to different eras of music that I was not accustomed to. It was pleasant listening, reading, and learning about different periods of music. This course has given me an exceptional amount of knowledge on different styles of music, identifying different elements in music as well as learning about legendary composers who have influenced music throughout history. Not only has music been around for decades, it has developed a history of great composers who have left an imprint in history by their extraordinary compositions of music they developed during their times of glory, like Ludwig van Beethoven.... [tags: Ludwig van Beethoven, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart]
1924 words (5.5 pages)