Ever since I was a baby I have been attending to catholic churches, yet I didn't become familiarized with my faith and belief until I reached my teens years. As a teenager I was able to join into the youth group of my church and attend to retreats, where I became aware of the meaning of life. God is the main creator of us human and we have to appreciate the opportunity he has given us by delivering the best out of our self to please him in the most pure way. We have to acknowledge that Jesus, God's son ways and thoughts are higher than ours and his works are perfect, and all his ways are fair. I remember in one our lectures in a spiritual retreat when the priest pointed of an extremely admirable point about Jesus' death. The reason why Jesus was crucified was because of our sins. He wanted to give his people the chance to be forgiven and have a place reserved with the Lord when we die. The way Jesus’ death was performed make religious people and others think deeply about how he sacrificed his own life to keep us save. Yet, we still have a large amount of people who do not take into consideration what he faced when he was humiliated on the cross. That is why his cha...
... middle of paper ...
...s to value with grand sacrifices. Life is a precious aspect that should be treasured every day. I completely disagree with those closed minded people that have the thought of suicide consume their minds. People ignore the fact that life does a purpose and that is why we are currently living. Having the honor to live reflects the desire to make a difference in our world. Many folks appreciate the gift that God has prepared for us, life. As humans we have ability to look within, break the borders that hold us behind and amplify our hearts and minds with the world. We consistently establish goals that later become reality, we desire to have a positive outcome for the sacrifices we make and have the obligation to strive for what we wish for and defeat any inconveniences placed in our path. We have a mission to overcome as we borrow a space on the planet. So why not live?
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- God cares for all people. To him, it does not matter if you are one of much faith or one of doubt. He welcomes those who are in fear to find the light of his grace. This all started with his covenant with the people of Israel to let them know his love for them. He wanted to make sure they could be in fear but no shy away from his love. Through this we find how much God really does love us. He compares us a lot to a small flock. As much as he tries to herd us there are some that cannot find their way back to Him.... [tags: cares, grace, love, covenant, image, sins]
1394 words (4 pages)
- 6 Reflections that I have come to hold true for my life Life is a gift Life is truly a gift from God. When God created the world, he meant for it to be in harmony with Him. He wanted us to experience a relationship with him, happiness and love. When Jesus died on the cross, we were given victory from sin. So we can still get to enjoy life through a close walk with God. I wrote a story about a boy who discovered a fresh water river after being born into a filthy man made dam. This is true for me.... [tags: English-language films, Life, Wind]
1270 words (3.6 pages)
- A godly friend of mine once said “It’s crazy to think we go through our days without thinking about God’s grace, when we are literally drowning in it.” I don’t know why, but for some reason these words resonated with me. Perhaps it’s because I heard them at a time that I was diving into a deeper understanding of grace. The biggest form of grace I have ever known in my life is God’s forgiveness of my sins and His gift of eternal life. However, as great as God’s grace sounds, it can be difficult for a rule follower like me to comprehend 100 percent free grace.... [tags: New Testament, Jesus, Salvation, Christianity]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- Mr. Buhr, Change is a natural part of life. It’s how we grow, mature, and survive. It’s brought on by the experiences we are given which are a product of the choices we and those around us make. We are all connected. In one way or another, we could not live or die without each other. I’m absolutely fascinated with that concept. Cause and effect. It’s beautiful to me. How one small decision can alter your life forever. I’ve changed a lot this year. I thought I did a lot in middle school. Going through different cycles of friends, excelling through different things at different points in time, trying new activities, and experimenting with hair and clothes.... [tags: High school, Middle school, College]
768 words (2.2 pages)
- Happiness is a gift of GOD and everybody has the right to live happily and spread happiness among the sufferings. People think that happiness is a controversial topic to discuss, but for me it is the best theme to explore. Some people believe it is the beginning point of greatness, but others take happiness as an end point. I usually draw my happiness from different things. In general, happiness comes from an emotional and mental state of well-being that can be considered through pleasing and positive emotion such as gratification and joy.... [tags: Happiness, Meaning of life, Personal life]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- For better or worse, for richer or poorer. I was married to my dream because I thought about it day and night. I envisioned what it would feel like to walk across the stage and receive my college degree. This dream empowered me and kept me focused on what I needed to do and make it occur. I made an agreement with myself to finish college to finish what I started because I felt like something was incomplete in my life regarding college and college graduation. My eldest brother Willie introduced me to Christ at the age of eleven.... [tags: Management, High school, Graduation]
919 words (2.6 pages)
- I looked at the test, it couldn’t be correct. There was no way. A tear ran down my cheek, but I sucked it up and went back to Wal-Mart. There was no way that was correct. I grabbed the most expensive test on the shelf, and went back to my friends’ beauty shop. I had to have some back-up in this situation. I went straight to the bathroom. It said the same thing, positive. I was going to be a mom. Exactly four weeks prior was October 5th, my 21st Birthday. My boyfriend and I decided to celebrate in the normal fashion, alcohol and backroads.... [tags: Pregnancy, Childbirth, Pregnancy test, Girl]
722 words (2.1 pages)
- We have the Gift to Play God Zell Kravinsky, a man who woke up at six o’clock and donated a kidney to a woman whose name he just learned days prior. Zell was not always this generous, but the grounds for this behavior were developed throughout his life. As a child he strived for success in school; despite disapproval from Irving Kravinsky, his father, he still continued to be an outstanding student. In middle school, he was a brilliant child curious of money. Dartmouth granted Zell a scholarship.... [tags: Morality, Ethics, Philosophy of life]
719 words (2.1 pages)
- Life Lessons in Maya Angelou's Graduation Throughout life we go through many stepping stones, Maya Angelou's autobiographical essay "Graduation", was about more than just moving on to another grade. The unexpected events that occurred during the ceremony enabled her to graduate from the views of a child to the more experienced and sometimes disenchanting views of an adult. Upon reading the story there is an initial feeling of excitement and hope which was quickly tarnished with the abrupt awareness of human prejudices.... [tags: American Literature Angelou Graudation Essays]
1703 words (4.9 pages)
- Holiness in the Church According to the O.T. things or places were holy that were set apart for a sacred purpose; the opposite of holy is therefore common or profane. Similarly a holy person meant one who held a sacred office. The Israelites were a holy people because they stood in a special relationship to Jehovah. under the guidance of the Prophets it was seen that what distinguished Jehovah from the gods of the heathen was his personal character. The word HOLY therefore came to refer to moral character.... [tags: Religion Religious God Church]
1735 words (5 pages)